Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

That's fair, Casanova. =3 I kinda know that the DLC I'm assisting with probably wouldn't apply to you, anyhow. I can confirm as much... I just thought it'd be cool to have a little guessing game for the people who enjoy that type of thing. I apologize if it feels as though I'm trying to force people into participating, I'm not. As stated, perhaps it could become a separate topic, just so that it doesn't clutter this one up so much, and annoy some of the people not willing to participate...

(EDIT - I think that singlehandedly confirmed that I'm not working on 1970's trousers mode, sadly.)

Edited by Aptiva

That new picture looks like Ronald McDonald driving Grimace. *shot*

Honestly, I think it's going to be an awesome remix of a classic Sonic song.

That's fair, Casanova. =3 I kinda know that the DLC I'm assisting with probably wouldn't apply to you, anyhow. I can confirm as much... I just thought it'd be cool to have a little guessing game for the people who enjoy that type of thing. I apologize if it feels as though I'm trying to force people into participating, I'm not. As stated, perhaps it could become a separate topic, just so that it doesn't clutter this one up so much, and annoy some of the people not willing to participate...

If thats the case, then it's no secret on here that I own the PS3 version, so if this DLC won't apply to me, then that means it's probably tied to the 360 version, however I doubt that it would be exclusive to the 360 unless it had something to do with a console specific service, if Sumo devs are querying the validity of your claims, then if it is real, chances are it's avatar related or some kind of Xbox service.

EDIT - I think that singlehandedly confirmed that I'm not working on 1970's trousers mode, sadly.)

WELL YOU BLOODY WELL SHOULD! Do you see this scar! This is the scar I got from faking 20,000 letters to Sumo telling them to put it in!

From over the Sega Boards;

Ok, so if Sumo doesn't know and your not working with SEGA, I'm not expecting it to be a character or a track anymore, but maybe music....?

@Xtreme_Starfox

Keep going!

So I'm on the right track it seems...

If it's 360 only, then is it Master Chief driving a ghost? (Explains the purple thing in the teaser image.)

1678635202_b7363a4645.jpg

And you're doing a remix of the Halo theme for his All-Star music?

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's 360 only, then is it Master Chief driving a ghost? (Explains the purple thing in the teaser image.)

1678635202_b7363a4645.jpg

And you're doing a remix of the Halo theme for his All-Star music?

If Master Chief was in this game as DLC (I highly doubt it) he would have a Warthog not a driving a Ghost

Edited by Creature Of The Night

When he said he doesn't work for Sumo or SEGA I just assumed he worked for Rare or Microsoft, but then I read that he's actually a freelancer.

Sega wouldn't collab with a fan on a custom soundtracks patch :P

So not racer, not a track, not music... what else is there? lol

We already have a theme and avatar clothing...

You are a mystery!

Can we just bury this now? We apparently have over a month to wait.

That said, I hope the Metal Sonic DLC drops this week.

lol not spilling any beans

I was the one who guessed correctly on Aptiva's first teaser image, and after discussing things over with him I can assure you guys that he's running a totally legitimate operation here. I can only confirm one thing about it - it's totally awesome! :P

You guys should totally re-read some of his posts over and cross-analyse them like one of those crazy-pants detective guys on CSI. If you're taking these things at face value, you'll never guess it correctly!

If Master Chief was in this game as DLC (I highly doubt it) he would have a Warthog not a driving a Ghost

I say he'd be driving a Mongoose, and the ghost would be his all-star.

People would normally think the Scorpion tank would be his all-star but I think it'd be way too big for the tracks.

That's different, because the blimp isn't -ON- the track, it's hovering above it, and it's quite small anyways. The scorpion tank is enormous and I can think of numerous spots where it wouldn't fit (or at least awkwardly clip through the level).

Thank you HunterTSF. And no, it's not Chief. xP

And yes, before anyone asks, it's true, he did guess right, and his clue is advice to follow, for sure.

Well if HunterTSF made the correct answer in his recent posts in this topic and not via PM then it's new missions or more Avatar items, since Aptiva said it doesn't apply to Casanova and the way Aptiva has told us it's nothing to get too worked up over then there is a good chance it's more Avatar items. It'd be cool if we got some ASR gamer pics since we have Avatar items and a theme, more music would be good too.

If it are Avatar items, then I'm only hoping that Beats headphones will be included too. Then my Avatar would be complete.

Aptiva under his NSIYusuke tag at the SEGA Forums has posted this in response to SumoRex -

Aha! I was wondering when another Sumo Digital employee might go "Wait, what?". I got the same kind of PM from S0L a few days ago. I think it's best to go talk to him to understand what I'm doing, as it's not a hoax. I suppose I could PM you what it is, but I'd feel more comfortable with you speaking with Steve, since I've already had to explain myself to him.

Edit - Please use the name Aptiva while asking, if you do. =) It's my SSMB name, and that's where I had to explain to him.

Though yes, this is probably the biggest hint of all, it's not being done by Sumo Digital. Now, I suggest taking a look back at some of my posts' wording.

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5725835&postcount=642

That pretty much rules out characters, tracks and missions.

Another post by him -

I think, before I get myself into more trouble, It's not officially by SEGA either. xD I don't work for them. You could say I'm Freelance. I just wish I could tell you already-- but it's still too early to talk about, we have to wait for the legal end of things to go through before I can speak about it publicly...

(Uber hint - Just take a peek at the wording I've been using for a ton of my posts mentioning ASR)

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5725867&postcount=644

:blink:

and another -

@Starlight Rage Zone

Well, I can say it's more on an official level than the NiGHTS campaign was, contracts being signed and whatnot. (Clarification so that I don't get into trouble later - I haven't signed anything yet, thus it's not entirely official yet, but things are looking very good since the other party is incredibly interested in making this go official.) Though, the NiGHTS campaign was really inspiring, and Sumo was wonderful for actually adding in our favorite purple flying jester after that.

@KingdomMarc

I wish I had one! It's all depending on when I next hear back from the other person I'm working with on this. They're incredibly busy lately, though. My estimate is a month and a half, or more... D=

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5725891&postcount=647

EDIT:

Just noticed a little part of it was already posted, oh well those are the full posts anyway.

EDIT 2:

Pulling everything together I'm guessing it's DLC from Rare, most likely Banjo stuff. The blurred pic is an instrument meaning the Banjo and the green and purple pic is Gruntilda :D The purple bit being her scarf, that's my guess anyway.

xD; Shadz, I think everyone in this topic is already bored/annoyed of my project here. Perhaps it'd be best to make this it's own topic, so that people wanting to talk about what's been released already can without us cluttering their posts with my clues, ahaha...

xD; Shadz, I think everyone in this topic is already bored/annoyed of my project here. Perhaps it'd be best to make this it's own topic, so that people wanting to talk about what's been released already can without us cluttering their posts with my clues, ahaha...

We'll have to ask the SSMB staff if it can have it's own topic, then the main clues of yours could be in the opening post.

If it is Banjo related then I truly hope for a track from the game, would be cool to race through Gruntilda's Lair. ^^

But then again I don't think it's something as big as a track or character, so my hopes for that are down again.

Surely you're breaking NDAs by telling us members have guessed it right and we should go back and read their posts?

Oh my xD

I haven't signed any NDA's. So no, I'm not. xD

(EDIT - Also, I'm actually telling you to go back and read mine! xD)

(EDIT 2 - Actually, yeah, it was indeed an overexcited build up, since I've been suppressing this news for quite a while, before I thought of adding a little teaser image to my SSMB profile, since I was excited about it. Perhaps it's still too early to talk about it. I think perhaps the speculation should stop for now, since it'll be a good while before this sees the light of day on an official scale. No, I haven't signed any NDA's, nor contracts yet, so I'm not breaking any agreements here. And I'm sure the party involved wouldn't particularly mind the attention the project is getting, anyhow. Either way, Yeah, I think it's best I don't give any more clues, as I mentioned yesterday. xD; But yeah, just don't get your hype trains rolling.)

=D; Carry on. And on a sidenote, when the heck is a SSMB tourney happening? Since all the versions except for the PC one have online, I think we could definitely organize a SSMB All Stars Racing tournament. Or perhaps we should wait for the Death Egg and Metal Sonic DLC to officially hit the stores before then? Either way, if it happens, count me in on the 360 version.

Edited by Aptiva