Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

£4.25 for 500 points not £5 lol.

Ha ha, I wondered if you were going to pop by and post that here too. No matter what price it will be in MSP tomorrow it'll be cheaper than the PS3's £4.79.

Fine then, all of you pick Metal Sonic. I'll take you on with my main man Knuckles and win! XD

Why is there several seconds lag when there's less than 8 players in a room, with me hosting it? It's really bugging me, and I would've thought this would've been fixed by now.

Huh...I downloaded the patch, and now, whenever I return to the menu after the race, instead of transitioning smoothly after the Sonic Says segment like it used to, it fades to black, then suddenly cuts to the menu, which sort of freezes for half a second. Has this happened to anyone else?

My menu transitions are affected too, they have the weird black pausing, but it still works so it's nothing to worry about. My concern is that it still can take a few attempts to join a game because of the game no longer exists error, even no the game still exists and is visible on the lobby screen after you refresh. I don't know if it has anything to do with something on my side, but it does get annoying after a while.

Hopefully the PSN Store will arrive tomorrow with some ASR goodies, which include a certain metal hedgehog and a flying moon base. :D

Edited by Amorbis

Man I'm obsessed. I'm salivating just over the "appetizer" DLC (Metal Sonic + Death Egg). I can't wait for the main course.

I just played a single player race after installing the update on my Xbox 360 for the game, and it turned out that Banjo & Kazooie can now be CPU controlled in these races! First race I drove they were amongst the opponents.

Has S0L stated that there is more DLC after Metal Sonic?

No mention of any other DLC apart from that ASR DLC project Aptiva has been teasing, he says it should be finished in a month or 2 so I expect Sumo Digital may have more on the way released around that. I'm wondering if we're going to see more of the Death Egg Zone since Death Egg Zone is the location and this first track Egg Hangar is just 1 track for that location. Every location on the disc has 3 tracks for it so I wonder if we'll see 2 more Death Egg Zone tracks, I'd like to see more but I'd also like to see tracks from other franchises.

perhaps if we continue to ponder whether more DLC racers/tracks are on the way, S0L will appear and give us his "I can't say much, but I can tell you Metal isn't the last of it! :P"

Has S0L stated that there is more DLC after Metal Sonic?

It's kind of hard-- the fella's in Japan right now. =3 I wonder what he's up to?

• Thumbs Up 1

perhaps if we continue to ponder whether more DLC racers/tracks are on the way, S0L will appear and give us his "I can't say much, but I can tell you Metal isn't the last of it! :P"

Seeing as S0L is in Japan all of this week I'm wondering if he's visiting SEGA Japan to discuss tracks, characters and music for DLC and/or maybe the next game in the Superstars/All-Stars series but there's always the chance he might be over there to discuss game(s) for another company or companies since they're a third party developer. We'll have to wait for him to get back and ask about his trip if he's allowed to say anything.

It's kind of hard-- the fella's in Japan right now. =3 I wonder what he's up to?

Hmm... S0L said that they've finished all of the DLC already, so I don't think he's asking for permission to use stuff. Perhaps a Japanese release of the game?

That would be awesome!

EDIT: Ah, maybe it's discussion regarding a sequel! If that last SEGA interview was anything to go by, this shouldn't be the last instalment in the Sega Superstars series.

Edited by HunterTSF

Ooh! I never thought of that! =D Yeah, I really hope he's working out a Japanese release of the game. Or maybe he's in the talks for a new Allstars game. I recall someone mentioning that they'd like to do an allstars fighting game. :'D Maybe he's setting the groundwork for that?

I remember S0L's developer diaries said he was in Japan early last year to discuss characters, tracks and music for ASR not long before the game was announced so it could be the same thing happening here for the next game in the series. It's possible he could be discussing ASR DLC but as HunterTSF said I think S0L said DLC is all set ready for this game since it was in development before the games release.

I wouldn't get too excited though, just incase he's over there to discuss games they may be developing with another company since they are third party.

AM2 and Sumo should totally team up for Sonic & Sega All-Stars Fighters. Base it the Virtua Fighter engine so the Nintendoids don't call foul (Megamix beat Smash Bros. by 3 years, so one really can't trash Sega). The smaller arenas would mean more dev time for a wider range of IPs. Ryo Hazuki vs. Akira Yuki MUST happen. ;)

Huh...I downloaded the patch, and now, whenever I return to the menu after the race, instead of transitioning smoothly after the Sonic Says segment like it used to, it fades to black, then suddenly cuts to the menu, which sort of freezes for half a second. Has this happened to anyone else?

I don't download patches or DLC for 360 games very often. In fact, Unleashed is the only other title I've done this for. But I remember that after downloading DLC for it, there was a random "fade to black" between the title screen and the menu.

About a SEGA-themed fighting game... *yawn*. I'd much rather see an ASR sequel.

Edited by Blue Blood

Hmm... S0L said that they've finished all of the DLC already, so I don't think he's asking for permission to use stuff. Perhaps a Japanese release of the game?

I'm pretty sure he meant that particular batch of DLC. Doesn't mean he can't move onto another afterwards.

I think they should make a SEGA Superstars Trading Card Game much like the Yu-Gi-Oh games on PSP and DS, they could make a video game for all platforms and if it does well then they could release real cards for it. Everyone went nuts for Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh TCG's so I'm sure a SEGA TCG could work in video game form and physical form, it would easily rake in the money.

*prepares Sonic 3 flame shield* :lol:

I'd prefer a sizable amount of DLC over a sequel. Better to build on the existing game. A sequel would require a large portion of the roster to return, leaving certain characters cut and replaced with others. Unless they doubled the roster and kept characters from the original game, but I'm not sure how much an XBOX or Wii disc could hold. 40+ characters sounds like a lot.

Yeah, that happned with mine as well. But, if it means more DLC, I'll take it! Speaking of which, I'll take Earthworm Jim/New Junk City with a side of Werehog/Spagonia while I'm here :D

I'd prefer a sizable amount of DLC over a sequel. Better to build on the existing game. A sequel would require a large portion of the roster to return, leaving certain characters cut and replaced with others. Unless they doubled the roster and kept characters from the original game, but I'm not sure how much an XBOX or Wii disc could hold. 40+ characters sounds like a lot.

Tekken 6 had 40 characters (not counting the two bosses and the immense customization options for every character's costume). 360 can do it easily, this isn't the Nintendo 64 era where memory restrictions are that big a deal. The main concerns are just time and money now.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Metal Sonic & Death Egg Zone: Egg Hangar now available on U.S. Xbox Live Marketplace -

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0003-0000-4000-8000-000053450815

It's 152 MB and costs 800 Microsoft Points.

UK one now too -

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80253450815/?p=1&of=0&bt=0&sb=1

Seems a bit pricey at 800 MSP when it was just £4.79 on the PlayStation Store last week unless the price is going up there too today.

Downloaded the Xbox 360 version and just took it for a spin, the music seems to have been tweaked so that it's at a fair volume now. On the PS3 Egg Hangar is it just me or is the music a bit quiet no matter what your TV volume level is?

How many € are 800 MSP? 10, right?

Edited by MarcelloF