Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

The price does seem a little steep for just one character and one track...I thought it would be like music games and charge around 160 per character and 240 for a track. :mellow:

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are people saying that the track +Metal Sonic character is over-priced?

Have you guys actually played the track? It's amazing, theres so much effort and detail thatsbeen put into it that it outshines some of the tracks that come with the game. It comes with it's own soundtrack, it's own track ghost and even has time trail support! Not to mention you get a very well done character with it that has an all star move which has required a lot of work when it comes to the transformation and execution. It's not like they just had him get in a black force field and rushes enemies out of the way.

All for under £5. And you guys think it's over-priced!? Dare I ask how much you think all that should be!?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I think the price is fair. I would have paid $4 for a new track and $3 for a new character, and amazingly the total of the pack is $7! :D I didn't expect 5 songs and the fact that the track can be played in any mode is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The price does seem a little steep for just one character and one track...I thought it would be like music games and charge around 160 per character and 240 for a track. :mellow:

Porting songs to Guitar Hero requires absolutely no effort on the developer's part. Creating entirely new locales and characters in HD for people to play on is completely different than writing a button sequence for a particular song.

I think the price is great, I think most people are only looking at it as 1 character and 1 track but forget you're also getting 5 new music tracks(which like all other tracks can be listened to in the Collection section too), a new time trial staff ghost(probably a super hard Sumo ghost too) and some cameos which the Ristar one in particular probably took some hard work in the rights department to get in.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think the price is great, I think most people are only looking at it as 1 character and 1 track but forget you're also getting 5 new music tracks(which like all other tracks can be listened to in the Collection section too), a new time trial staff ghost(probably a super hard Sumo ghost too) and some cameos which the Ristar one in particular probably took some hard work in the rights department to get in.

That's right, I am only looking at "1 character and 1 track", because that's what the DLC is. The music tracks I think are hardly worth mentioning because that's all-inclusive with a new level anyway. Trying to pin the staff ghost and a few cameos as selling points is pretty soppy too.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sorry to sound like an arse again, but it's far too steep for my taste too. If the entirety of Sonic 4 is apparently going to be cheaper than this- why should I bother paying more for one character and one track? Both of which I saw Casanova play on YouTube a week back anyway.

There's far better DLC and games on Xbox Live to spend those points on. I really can't see how some of you are able to afford this, especially if we start seeing new content every Thursday. I'd rather pay 300 more and get MegaMan 10. :P

Also, the 'new' music tracks isn't really a feature when you can stream custom music, in my opinion. It's all Sonic The Fighters stuff anyway, isn't it? I would've preferred the MegaDrive version than that. =X

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Got the DLC. I have to wonder why PS3 users always get ripped off with Market Prices, considering the 360 version is 7 in comparison (still hefty, but I did it anyway). I'm ready for that race in an hour or so.

I'd quite like to know who it was that just went and rated down every single user who said that the price was fair.

Both of which I saw Casanova play on YouTube a week back anyway.

..... What? So because you saw a video of my cat playing it.... you don't want to play it yourself!? Thts not an argument at all, thats an excuse and a bloody poor one at that.

Also, the 'new' music tracks isn't really a feature when you can stream custom music, in my opinion. It's all Sonic The Fighters stuff anyway, isn't it? I would've preferred the MegaDrive version than that. =X

Not if your a PS3 user/don't own those CDs.

That's right, I am only looking at "1 character and 1 track", because that's what the DLC is. The music tracks I think are hardly worth mentioning because that's all-inclusive with a new level anyway. Trying to pin the staff ghost and a few cameos as selling points is pretty soppy too.

Did you download the track? Have you played it?

I want to know, out of all these people moaning about it, how many people have downloaded it and played it. Last week, not one person who downloaded this moaned about the price, it wasn't even an issue, nobody who had it complained, everyone said it was value for money. Both in terms of what it added and the effort that went into it. Everyone knew what the price was, nobody complained. But suddenly now it's officially out everyone is complaining!? This makes no sense at all, where was your complaints last week eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not trying to sound like an ungrateful ass or anything. I'm happy that their making more characters and tracks available, and will be happier when more interesting ones pop up. But $8 bucks for one character/track pack and $5 for Ryo on a forklift? Can't help but feel the prices could have been lower...especially since the former is lower on the 360.=/

Still, not the biggest rip-off DLC in the world or anything. *cough*StimulusPackage*cough*

Edited by SykoTech
  • Thumbs Up 1

..... What? So because you saw a video of my cat playing it.... you don't want to play it yourself!? Thts not an argument at all, thats an excuse and a bloody poor one at that.

Well, with your video I've seen what the track has to offer and quite honestly I don't fancy paying that price for it. I don't think I should have an excuse on not wanting to buy everything SEGA throws at me. =X Other developers have done far cheaper DLC for far better things.

Fair enough on the PS3 music part, though.

This makes no sense at all, where was your complaints last week eh?

Maybe the people complaining now don't own PS3's, or were busy doing other things when the DLC was made available. I'm sure not everyone keeps up with the thread all of the time. They log onto XBL today, find out the price, then come here...

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Maybe the people complaining now don't own PS3's, or were busy doing other things when the DLC was made available. I'm sure not everyone keeps up with the thread all of the time.

Yeah because this thread was the only place that were reporting the news and the videos of the DLC. If theres anything that they need to be answering with regards to DLC cost, It's ryo-F.

To me it just looks like the bandwaggon salesmen are having a good day.

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1

Negative rep for not hating the price point makes me sad. :(

But Weegee Jawz makes me happy. :)

picture3se.png

So it's all good. ;)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yeah because this thread was the only place that were reporting the news and the videos of the DLC. If theres anything that they need to be answering with regards to DLC cost, It's ryo-F.

To me it just looks like the bandwaggon salesmen are having a good day.

I wouldn't say there are any bandwaggons, it's just a matter of opinion, in my case anyway. I'm a bit annoyed because I bought some points to get it last week (400), which left with 540 and even with that, I can't afford it. =/

Ryo-F was a rip off too, far more than this, you're right. Most people got him when they pre-ordered anyway, so no-one seemed to be too bothered. I think I'll save my points and wait to see what pops up in future DLC.

Edited by bolt7

I'm with Casanova, why did someone or some people go neg-repping us folk who find the price to be fine? I've not got a problem with people who don't want to buy it or don't like it, that's fine but like Casanova I don't get where all this hate on the price and DLC itself has come from today now it's available on the Xbox 360. You all saw screenshots and footage of it last week, saw the price point which was always going to be about the same price in MSP like it is today so yeah where has this hate come from today when you were all ok with it last week?

People who have bought it and played it today in this forum and the SEGA forums have enjoyed it and found it worthy of it's price tag while those who haven't are complaining. As I said earlier if you don't like it/don't want it then that's fine but you can't really argue to the over the top level some people are throwing about when you've not played it. If you don't want it, don't buy it and go spend your money on something else. We bought it, we enjoyed it so leave us to our happiness.

I'm not trying to be soppy, I'm seeing everyone who hasn't played it hating on it and the price so I thought I'd explain in extra detail what you get incase it interests anyone that's all.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll snatch up all the DLC that comes out, to hell with the price!!!

When all is said and done this game will have double the content it already has!!! And I want to be enjoying it all!!!

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Casanova:

No, I haven't downloaded or played it. But to pay £4.80/560pts for the actual content of a new character and level in a racing game is over the top. The Unleashed level packs came in at only £2.14/250pts, and included several new stages each time.

Shadz:

If you've seen a picture of any of the cameos, then you've as good as seen them while playing the game- they ultimately don't impact the quality of the DLC. And staff ghosts should be expected anyway for a racing game. I know what's included and I think it's not enough.

I understand if you guys like what you bought and feel it was value for money, it's just that several others don't agree. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. It's like buying both versions of a Pokémon game- you're essesntially paying £35 for 7 or so different monsters.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Okay, so from what I've read, the Metal Sonic DLC came out for the 360, but it's still not out for the PS3 again?

There's like 6 pages I've missed, so I kinda only flew through reading this all..

I understand if you guys like what you bought and feel it was value for money, it's just that several others don't agree.

What gets me, and this is happening A LOT on here lately, people slagging off stuff, calling it shit, calling it a waste, a rip off and slagging off those who do like it then suddenly turning around and saying "I've never played/owned it."

This isn't so much a case of people not being allowed to have a negative opinion on something, it's the constant barrage of negativity towards something when theres no foundation for it.

I'll hold my hand up and say that I think Ryo-F at the moment is a rip off, I have that character as a pre-order bonus, it's a great character, lots of fun to play as, especially online when you overtake someone as ryo-f. But for the price, no way would I say thats value for money for what it does.

Okay, so from what I've read, the Metal Sonic DLC came out for the 360, but it's still not out for the PS3 again?

There's like 6 pages I've missed, so I kinda only flew through reading this all..

April 22nd.

I am very curious as to why theres a delay, on a lot of the mainstream sony fansites out there theres a lot of anger about this delay, especially since they all know it's on the PSN.

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I am very curious as to why theres a delay, on a lot of the mainstream sony fansites out there theres a lot of anger about this delay, especially since they all know it's on the PSN.

I don't get it either, I like you have it and it's working fine so the only thing I can guess is that there's some daft contract paperwork rubbish behind it. I could understand PSN getting it next week when Xbox Live Silver Members get it but a week after Silver Members? :huh:

Actually, there is something about the PS3 DLC that isn't working fine, and I was wondering if it was working on for XBL versions.

When I was playing it last week, no matter what I did, I could not get a plaer ghost (the guy who had the number 1 spot). to appear on the track so I could race him. I'm sure you can do this with the other tracks, but you can't with this one?

What gets me, and this is happening A LOT on here lately, people slagging off stuff, calling it shit, calling it a waste, a rip off and slagging off those who do like it then suddenly turning around and saying "I've never played/owned it."

This isn't so much a case of people not being allowed to have a negative opinion on something, it's the constant barrage of negativity towards something when theres no foundation for it.

You're mistaking a generally negative opinion for for a "barrage of negativity". We've seen the videos, and we can judge from that whether we think it's worth it or not. I think that Metal Sonic and DEZ look great, but aren't worth the asking price. Others just aren't interested in it either way.

I have a question regarding the DLC. If you join a race and someone selects Death Egg and you haven't downloaded it what happens? Would you get kicked off, would the track be unselectable or would you be able to go on the stage without a problem?

I have a question regarding the DLC. If you join a race and someone selects Death Egg and you haven't downloaded it what happens? Would you get kicked off, would the track be unselectable or would you be able to go on the stage without a problem?

I think that you have to state when you go to host a game if you want to turn on DLC options. If you select yes, only people that have it can join your game.