Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I have a question regarding the DLC. If you join a race and someone selects Death Egg and you haven't downloaded it what happens? Would you get kicked off, would the track be unselectable or would you be able to go on the stage without a problem?

Yeah as Casanova said, when you first make a lobby you will be asked if you would like to activate your DLC so after that people without the DLC can't access your lobby. If someone else is hosting a lobby with the DLC active you will see a green tick under the DLC tab on the open lobbies list meaning you can't enter that lobby if you don't have the DLC.

Sweet, nice to see the pack came out today. I'll be getting some points tommorow to get it. :)

Although I do feel bad for PS3-only users. Not only did they get teased last week with it, but now they're also getting teased by 360 users getting it 2 weeks before them. It just seems unfair and unnecessary, esspecially when the DLC was available for a limited time last week.

Ah well, I own both versions, so I get the best of both worlds. :D

I have the feeling since Metal Sonic and the Egg Hangar are available for download that more people started to know about Forklift Ryo being available for download too. I never saw him online before, and today he was almost in every race where there was a Ryo in.

I have a question regarding the DLC. If you join a race and someone selects Death Egg and you haven't downloaded it what happens? Would you get kicked off, would the track be unselectable or would you be able to go on the stage without a problem?

In addition, you can't use Metal Sonic if the host doesn't have DLC enabled.

You want to know why I'm irritated? I'll break it down for you.

First of all, I don't care about Metal Sonic. He's one of my least favorite characters in the series, so I'm already not jumping for joy at the announcement that he's the character chosen for what I would assume is the first bit of downloadable content for the game. Would have preferred plenty of other characters. The track is really cool, easily the best Sonic track in the game. But it's still just that.. another Sonic track. Now we have 10 tracks out of a total 25 that are Sonic the Hedgehog. Nearly half the tracks in the game are Sonic.

Second, the content gets put up on the EU PlayStation Store last week and gets taken down. Why? 'Release date changed?' Why? No real reason. Now we have to play the damn waiting game. It gets released on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace today. The price is wrong and some people end up paying too much. Niiiiiiiiiice..

After the price is corrected, the announcement goes out that the content that was pulled from the PlayStation Store last week isn't returning until two fucking weeks from today. Xbox LIVE gamers are left to enjoy themselves. Once again, no real reason. It just happened that way. What excuse could they possibly come up with? The content was released on the store already and then taken down! It's just cock up after cock up after cock up.

Not knowing about the price of it prior to today I suppose you can blame me for, but it still doesn't take away the fact that I feel that $8 is too much for what is offered. Media Molecule is selling the Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Kit for $6 and it comes with five levels, a costume, a shitload of new materials to make levels with, and a power-up that expands the gameplay considerably. With offers like that sitting there on the store alongside this, do I really sound like such an ungrateful bastard if I say the price for what I'm getting with this is kind of off-putting?

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Nearly half the tracks in the game are Sonic.

Ha! SEGA All-Stars Racing? They might as well call it SONIC and SEGA All Stars Rac--oh wait.

I admit I'm with the crowd who find it overpriced. I'll still get it because I want the new track (don't care about Metal Sonic), but at £4-ish... if they released 8 tracks like this we'll have paid a new game's worth of money for about a third of a game.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

That's right, I am only looking at "1 character and 1 track", because that's what the DLC is. The music tracks I think are hardly worth mentioning because that's all-inclusive with a new level anyway. Trying to pin the staff ghost and a few cameos as selling points is pretty soppy too.

I think some people need to deal with DLC more. This is a normal price for stuff like this. The most recent thing I bought was the Lost in Nightmares and Desperae Escape DLc for RE5 and those were 400 Microsoft Points each, plus the two costume packs which included 2 alternate costumes and two characters for Mercenaries Reunion for 160 MP each.

With the amount of fetail, new character, and value I think it's about right to casual DLC.

Ha! SEGA All-Stars Racing? They might as well call it SONIC and SEGA All Stars Rac--oh wait.

I was waiting for the first person to say that dumb shit. :\

I don't give a damn what the game is called, if you're going to make the majority of the tracks Sonic ones you should make them just as good if not better than the non-Sonic ones. In my opinion they aren't. So there. I think this new track is probably the best Sonic track in the game now, but I also think it doesn't really have much of a competition in the first place. Oh, and shame on me for hoping that the downloadable content would be something other than Sonic series stuff because the game's not just Sonic. The title indicates that too. With it being called Sonic AND SEGA ALL-STARS Racing, you know.

We can play this 'It's in the title' game all you want to. Doesn't really take away from what I'm saying.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic still sells the most though, so he's gonna get priority. How many people are gonna buy Metal Sonic vs someone like Ristar? (I'd buy both)

We'll get other Sega characters, but I predict at the most, two more Sonic characters, and possible other maps for the DEZ course.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was waiting for the first person to say that dumb shit. :\

Then perhaps you should have replied in advance so no-one said it. 8I Blurp.

Fair enough, I don't see what the problem is with the Sonic tracks though. The second track in each of the three Sonic sets is kinda weak IMO but the other ones are great. And this is the first DLC. Just because they didn't do non-Sonic this time it's nothing to get up in arms about.

Hell, I'm a little dissapointed they chose Death Egg as we already have an Eggman mechanical fortress track (or three), I was hoping for a genre not covered yet, but whatevs.

I don't get it either, I like you have it and it's working fine so the only thing I can guess is that there's some daft contract paperwork rubbish behind it. I could understand PSN getting it next week when Xbox Live Silver Members get it but a week after Silver Members? :huh:

Actually, Silver members can download it today too. (I'm currently a Silver member and I was able to download it.) You are thinking of demos as the stuff Gold gets before Silver.

We'll probably get ToeJam & Earl as DLC soon. Since it's obviously going to happen.

Speaking of tracks, I'd totally be game for Sonic R's Radiant Emerald, in all it's glowy goodness.

Also, in the name of all irony, I'd like to see Green Hill Zone. Specifically the version SUMO crafted for SST. That one was GORGEOUS.

I think some people need to deal with DLC more. This is a normal price for stuff like this. The most recent thing I bought was the Lost in Nightmares and Desperae Escape DLc for RE5 and those were 400 Microsoft Points each, plus the two costume packs which included 2 alternate costumes and two characters for Mercenaries Reunion for 160 MP each.

With the amount of fetail, new character, and value I think it's about right to casual DLC.

Pfft. Each Unleashed Pack cost only 250pts, less than half of the asking price for this. One track and a character in a racing game is less substantial than several mini-levels in something else.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, Silver members can download it today too. (I'm currently a Silver member and I was able to download it.) You are thinking of demos as the stuff Gold gets before Silver.

We'll probably get ToeJam & Earl as DLC soon. Since it's obviously going to happen.

Oh, thanks for the heads-up! I'm always a Gold and very rarely have I been a Silver so I'm not entirely sure what Silvers get, not trying to sound like I'm rubbing it in or anything. That makes this April 22nd for PS3 users thing even weirder, if even Xbox Live Silver Members can get it today then why not PS3 owners? The DLC was fine when it was released last week apart from that very small problem Casanova pointed out earlier which is likely to have been fixed since but yeah it's definitely functional and ready :blink: If there is some odd contract and paperwork stuff behind this then thats just daft, it's like SEGA don't want the money.

• Sonic News

Pfft. Each Unleashed Pack cost only 250pts, less than half of the asking price for this. One track and a character in a racing game is less substantial than several mini-levels in something else.

Not really, no. The Unleashed packs used pre-made assets for new levels. the only thing reused in this pack is the badniks.

The highly detailed level is all new, as is Metal Sonic and the soundtrack. Nothing is recycled, meaning they put a lot more into it then the Unleashed packs.

With the amount of detail, new character, and value I think it's about right to casual DLC.

I agree whole heartedly. This price is pretty typical for DLC.

I'll hold my hand up and say that I think Ryo-F at the moment is a rip off, I have that character as a pre-order bonus, it's a great character, lots of fun to play as, especially online when you overtake someone as ryo-f. But for the price, no way would I say thats value for money for what it does.

Aye, it really shouldn't cost that much, especially since it was already on the disc....

I'm hoping for a NiGHTS track (not really pushing for a racer). I figure Sumo could have used assets found in the Seaside Hill and Jungle tracks, and then NiGHTS-ified it. How cool would it be to race in Splash Garden with the track flipping between the ground and the sky?

Just need a road connecting the top and bottom landscape :)

2141780313_6bcd241721.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Out of all the Sonic characters they could have added, I'm glad it's Metal Sonic. I was slightly disappointed that he wasn't in the game to begin with.

(I guess I would have also liked Silver, but I'm not complaining about him not being in it.)

I'm really hoping Toejam and Earl, Vectorman, or someone from the Phantasy Star series comes along.

Eh, I can kind of agree with both sides about the price thing. It does seem like kind of a lot to pay for just a character and a track, but since I'm such a huge obsessive Metal Sonic fan, it was an instant purchase for me. :P

Anyway, definitely awesome that Metal Sonic got added. And the new track is pretty nice as well, and I like the inclusion of "Never Let It Go". I didn't think any Sonic the Fighters material would ever make it in the game.

As for what I would like to see in the future, I would absolutely love an Angel Island track. Just imagine driving through a beautiful tropical landscape, and then all of the sudden a giant ship comes and starts dropping bombs everywhere. XD Or maybe Speed Highway from SA1, that could be pretty interesting as well.

If they ever make a sequel to this game I hope it has a "story mode" much like Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Team Racing had adventure modes.

This way there could be a lot more fun ways to find things than just buying them from a store; you find secret music CDs, unlock characters by racing them, face off against bosses in 1-on-1 races, etc. It should be called Career Mode.

I think it'd be fun.

While we're still speculating as to what the next DLC may be, I'll bring up this list that I made up a while ago!

-=Franchises that have been represented in every single Sega Superstars game up until now=-

ChuChu Rocket!

NiGHTS

Puyo Puyo

Samba de Amigo

Sonic the Hedgehog

Space Channel 5

Super Monkey Ball

The House of the Dead

I really wouldn't be surprised if it were something Puyo Puyo related. I'm crossing my fingers for Arle & Carbuncle! :3

EDIT: Which reminds me, I still have to burn my socks. :S

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is probably derailing, but whatever, XD.

So I find myself playing best with Opa Opa and Sonic, <3. Opa Opa is awesome in terms of character, X3. I never knew of his origins before this game, and seeing the way he acts while in race just makes me want to hug it, XD.

Sucks balls that PS3 owners don't get Metal Sonic for like 2 weeks, D;. I've REALLY been look forward to him, since next to Sonic, he's probably my favorite character.

-Blur