Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

DLC is coming tomorrow for PS3. Can't wait to try out Metal Sonic and the new Death Egg track.

Oh, maybe i'll give that premium theme a download too.

Hopefully since tomorrow the DLC is coming out on PS3, that removes any barrier that they might have had from talking about future DLC.

The sequel rumor seems a bit too soon.. But ah well, the game is pretty sweet.

So.. are we still gonna try to do this race meet up again?

I need to find money for the DLC first..

Also how much is the DLC in USD again? I looked it up and it said 8$ o_o Is that for real?

Edited by SA2

S0L's returning to the forums once he's caught up on his work he's missed from his delay getting back from Japan due to the volcanic ash. He's posted this at the SEGA forums -

I'm back, and just as soon as I clear my two week email backlog properly, I'll look to come and do some of my usual community support :P

---

S0L

---

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5767482&postcount=35

Ah, that's good to know. :)

Here's hoping for more DLC teasing, but I think it's still a little early for that. :P

Metal Sonic DLC out tomorrow for PS3, but also L4D2 DLC on the same day... Bah I'll play whichever one comes first.

Edited by Veritech Guardian

Might sneak my PlayStation3 over to my cousin's place on Friday. He has highspeed broadband, and I'm wanting the DLC! :D

Comments on the rumor from Sumo Digital staffer SumoRex at SEGA forums -

lol ...youz guys!

It's true we *are doing a sequel. No! no! Wait ...don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm kidding.

Or am I?

I definitely am.

or is that the lie?

or this?

Rumours totally crack me up! lol

Official line:

"I can neither confirm nor deny the existance (nor absence) of the truth or a lie in the above statement"

Is that clear enough for you? If that doesn't stop these pesky rumours one way or the other nothing will!

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=325075

So, I just found out there's a mobile phone version of this game.

What. D:

Hmm. I'm seriously doubting that WatchMojo out of all places would have infos pertaining to a sequel when no one else did, so I'm assuming they confused DLC with a new game. You can't purchase artwork in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with Sega Miles like they stated you could do (unless they're referring to the Collection images), anyways.

But there are definitely going to be future installments in the Sega Superstars/Sonic & Sega All-Stars series - Mike Hayes pretty much stated that himself in his interview with Computer and Videogames Magazine. Seeing as Sumo Digital's handled the last two titles, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones developing the sequel.

Edited by HunterTSF

I'm very curious to find out if Steve's recent trip to Japan was to discuss a new Superstars/All-Stars game since it's a year after his last trip which turned out to be discuss getting SEGA franchises in ASR about a year before it's release and before its announcement so maybe the next entry will be announced in the next few months then get released sometime next year?

I'm still holding out hope for an All-Stars Fighting game in the same vein as Virtua Fighter 3tb (arenas with multiple levels). Think about it, Superstars Tennis was based on AM3's Virtua Tennis, SASAR was based on AM2's OutRun, so why not base a fighting game off of Sega's most popular fighters? The VF style of gameplay also appeared in Fighting Vipers 1&2, Sonic the Fighters and Fighters Megamix.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anybody up for some games online on any of the 4 versions tomorrow? I'm free all day tomorrow beween 10am and 7:30pm GMT so I'll happily play sessions on each of the 4 versions if people would like.

Polygon Jim at Sonic Retro found textures files of Banjo in the PC version of All Star Racing....

2evq2bt.jpg

vyt6xx.png

They left Banjo in the PC version as well as the Mii and Avatar. I'm going to try and get them to load sometime when I can get the game to run again.

Wonder what S0L has to say about this

Edit: I'll be up for 360 online tomorrow shadz around about 4/5 o clock will be good :)

Edited by Foxy Boy

4-5 o clock is fine Foxy :) I'll add ya tomorrow before we play as I still haven't got around to adding you ^_^' Mind I haven't touched my Xbox 360 for about a week though. Oh and I saw that Banjo stuff a few days ago at Retro, it's pretty cool. Assets for Mii's and Avatar's were also found.

Just remembered the DLC is added on the PS3 tomorrow too so we'll have to get some PS3 DLC races going, you guys are going to love the DLC trust me :D

Cool SA2, when do you want to play?

4-5 o clock is fine Foxy :) I'll add ya tomorrow before we play as I still haven't got around to adding you ^_^' Mind I haven't touched my Xbox 360 for about a week though. Oh and I saw that Banjo stuff a few days ago at Retro, it's pretty cool. Assets for Mii's and Avatar's were also found.

Just remembered the DLC is added on the PS3 tomorrow too so we'll have to get some PS3 DLC races going, you guys are going to love the DLC trust me :D

Cool SA2, when do you want to play?

You've already got me added on the Xbox Live lol :) looking forward to racing you tomorrow i've already called dibs on Alex Kidd btw haha XD

I'm fine for races on all 4 versions tomorrow, I'm off to bed now so if you all post times or PM me times you're available for and which of the 4 versions you want to play I'll post back tomorrow morning.

You've already got me added on the Xbox Live lol :) looking forward to racing you tomorrow i've already called dibs on Alex Kidd btw haha XD

Have I? :lol:

I'll be playing as my monkey companion Aiai, look forward to playing with you too :)

I'm available any time, so if anyone else with a PS3 wants to play we can add them and work out a time. I'd try to think right now but the timezones are confusing my brain..

I'd love to join in a 360 race... But I didn't bother buying the game for my 360, since I don't have Live. I need to find a way to set that up sometime..

Heres a thought...

I seem to recall someone saying at one point that Sonic was originally not going to be in a car, but compared to the others he looked odd and out of place... does that mean that theres actual footage/test data of Sonic not in a car running around a test track?

If so... any chance of us having a look?

I think Hunter doesn't want to go barefoot XD.

(Talking abot AWESOMESOX)

If I weren't up to my neck with homework to do, I'd have burned those socks a long time ago! :lol:

I still plan to do it once I get some free time. Video will be posted on the NiGHTS into Dreams forums first, though.

Edited by HunterTSF