Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Mike Hayes considers the title Sega All-Star Racing and says they're doing well with the game. Here's a snippet from an article at CVG -

Look at the phenomenal success we've had with games like Mario & Sonic, which effectively is a whole variety of party games that happen to be based on the Olympics. And we've done very well recently with Sega All-Star Racing.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=243952

I'm quite proud of my performance I did on the Death Egg Hangar.

PICT0016.jpg

I managed to get in the top 3. Though my position will probably be knocked off soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm quite proud of my performance I did on the Death Egg Hangar.

PICT0016.jpg

I managed to get in the top 3. Though my position will probably be knocked off soon.

Awesome, congrats :D

The PSN finally has the DLC available, too bad I can't download it yet due to the fact I'm uploading videos to youtube. I seriously can't wait to try it out, it just looks awesome!

Downloaded the DLC and trying now... I have to say Metal handles really well, really nice drifting.

Plus the stage. <3

I still want more music though

How the hell do I turn off that laser noise in the Death Egg track? It's so loud that it drowns out both the song and SFX, D;. I love this level to death aside from the annoying laser sounds going off every 5 seconds, >=.

-Blur

You can't turn it off. So either mute the SFX or deal with it.

Ok, somethings gotta be screwed up, >(. I've turned down the music, effects, and voices all they down to 0% and guess what the only noise that sounds in the Death Egg Zone? F-ING LAZZZORS, D=<!!!!

Maybe I should uninstall the download and do it again, >=.

-Blur

I got the same problem. That one lazer blasting sound overpowers everything to the extent where it is basically the only thing you can here.

Also, is it just me, or is Metal Sonic huge? He dwarfs every other character and its not just his car. His character model is vastly larger as well. Its almost to the extent where I imagine that it is a bug in the download.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

The music problem is there on the Xbox 360 version and the PS3 version including the early PS3 release of it on April Fools, I thought they may fix it for yesterdays release. I always have to go to the Collection on the menu's if I want to have a good listen because no matter how many times you race to any of the 5 songs you just can't hear them.

Less than two months from release, ASDA are selling the Wii version of ASR on their site, with the wheel, for £17.93, free delivery.

Bargaintastic. :0

Wow. D:

Edited by Mahzes

Less than two months from release, ASDA are selling the Wii version of ASR on their site, with the wheel, for £17.93, free delivery.

Bargaintastic. :0

Wow. D:

Awesome, hunted around all of the other online retailers and nothing below £30. Noticed ASDA are also selling Black Knight for £9.91 too.

EDIT:

Anyone fancy some games on the Wii version this time?

I finally got a chance to play the DLC, at 3:00 am thanks to Metal Gear 2, but I really like it. I will agree that the laser sound is a big issue, and after racing awhile it still annoying. As far as Metal Sonic goes, I'm kind of impressed on how well he handles. I do like him, but I'll probably stick with Tails or BD Joe as my main.

I have no idea what laser noise everyone is talking about.. I just played the stage to see if I could hear it, and I heard nothing. Could hear the music just fine and all my sound settings are up high

Oh, but I have to agree, it does seem like Metal Sonic's model is pretty big.. Was right next to Amy and he looked almost double her size

Edited by SA2

I have no idea what laser noise everyone is talking about.. I just played the stage to see if I could hear it, and I heard nothing. Could hear the music just fine and all my sound settings are up high

Oh, but I have to agree, it does seem like Metal Sonic's model is pretty big.. Was right next to Amy and he looked almost double her size

We're talking about the sound of those giant lazers at the jump by Ristar, all around the track you hear it going off and it drowns the music out a bit making it not as clear as it is on other tracks. On this track I find the sound effects and announcer to be louder than the music, it's disappointing for me as I love the music selections for this track so I'd love them to be clear.

EDIT:Random ha ha at my 2929 post count :lol:

Can I just ask, those people who are having laser trouble.

Do you have the commentator on or off? Only I've not noticed it, I've had the commentator on mind, turned it on when I first got the DLC, wanted to test if he would say anything about Metal Sonic, but I forgot to shut it off.

I keep him on, and the lasers are loud loud loud. Granted, I have the 360 version but still.

Also I haven't noticed any size discrepancy in Metal Sonic and the other characters.

Actually, I still don't hear the laser sound but, it does seem like the music throughout the stage is pretty quiet. Which is weird considering now I just checked and my music volume is 100%, and everything else is 80%

Can I just ask, those people who are having laser trouble.

Do you have the commentator on or off? Only I've not noticed it, I've had the commentator on mind, turned it on when I first got the DLC, wanted to test if he would say anything about Metal Sonic, but I forgot to shut it off.

Commentator on and I notice it on both Xbox 360 and PS3, it's not always the laser it's the sound effects and commentator in general that overpower the music.

Metal Sonic's size seems fine to me, I think it's because he blends in so well with his vehicle that while racing he may seem a bit taller. When he jumps out for his winning pose at the end the camera is zoomed in so that may make folks think he's taller.

Metal Sonic does look a bit taller than most characters, but he looks fine near Tails for me, and the lasers don't bother me enough to stop me hearing the music.

Now, on a unrelated topic to the rest of this, I just got kicked from an online game because the host must of thought coming at least 15 seconds in front of him is cheating, and a beginner CPU came second so it was not me hacking. Does anyone else find this at all fair to even think that good skill is hacking?

Metal Sonic does look a bit taller than most characters, but he looks fine near Tails for me, and the lasers don't bother me enough to stop me hearing the music.

Now, on a unrelated topic to the rest of this, I just got kicked from an online game because the host must of thought coming at least 15 seconds in front of him is cheating, and a beginner CPU came second so it was not me hacking. Does anyone else find this at all fair to even think that good skill is hacking?

Get's annoying when people kick you or slag you off over voice chat for being too good at the game, I think the current state the leaderboards are in doesn't help because it makes people more aware of cheaters like that and thus think everyone who does too well in online races are cheating. I hope Sumo get around to cleaning the leaderboards sometime on Xbox 360 and PS3, I bet the Wii and DS ones will need cleaning again too.

I would hope that the PS3 leader boards are to be cleaned at some point. I haven't done many time trials since the bug surfaced, it just seems a bit pointless setting times when you could easily cheat for a better one. I haven't had much verbal abuse from people if I win by a large margin online, but I get kicked frequently. I know people are playing to have fun, but so am I and some other people.

Anyway, if the leader boards were to get fixed I'd play time trial more often.

I know what you mean Amorbis, I'd play more Time Trials too if it wasn't for these cheats.

Just checked Wii and it still has that cool system where any cheats disappear off a tracks board permanently if you leave the screen standing for a short while. DS has got a few cheaters again on a few tracks, LOOKOUT123 is one of the main culprit's again. Hopefully Sumo will sort out the DS, PS3 and Xbox 360 boards soon.

Be cool if they could add that auto cleaning system to the DS, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions that they added to the Wii version that knows when someone's cheated. If Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection can do it then surely Xbox Live and PlayStation Network can do it, I could understand if the DS couldn't do it even though it uses the same online system but surely the other 2 can do it. If it's a server thing on Sumo Digital's part then surely it could be implemented for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions and DS if it's capable.