Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

So let me get this straight. Metal Sonic and DEZ are the ONLY DLC they've done so far?

I'm not sure I understand. Is this correct?

Well, there was that and the avatar items and Ryo-F. But yeah, beyond that Sumo has nothing else awaiting the marketplace.

There WAS that thing that was being hinted at a while ago by Aptiva, but I have no clue what it is.

Well, there was that and the avatar items and Ryo-F. But yeah, beyond that Sumo has nothing else awaiting the marketplace.

There WAS that thing that was being hinted at a while ago by Aptiva, but I have no clue what it is.

Avatar items were not Sumo as far as I'm aware, don't forget, AAUK designed a couple of them. Ryo-f was a production character not a DLC as far as I can see, the unlock code is not really a Sumo thing, neither is the Xbox 100% unlock key dlc.

Chances are Sega have only comissioned Sumo to do Metal Sonic and Death Egg DLC as well as maintain a few of the online services until they retire. Doesn't mean that there won't be any future DLC (it's not bloody likely though). Gives Sumo a chance to move onto other things...

GASP! S0L! Does this mean we'll never see you again!? We have a Doctor Who topic here you know! Aww this is the most fun I've had in a topic for years! And it'll be locked soon! You can smell it!

Avatar items were not Sumo as far as I'm aware, don't forget, AAUK designed a couple of them

AAUK chose most of the groovy SEGA-specific Avatar items.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah! Thanks for the corrections. So Metal and DEZ were the only DLC commissioned thus far. Thanks for clarifying!

Even if DLC is done and over, I'm really hoping news of a third All-Stars game comes within the next year.

Take this into account:

Sega Superstars Tennis release - March 17, 2008

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing thread began - May 27, 2009

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing release - February 23, 2010

Edited by Doctor Eggman

I agree that Metal Sonic would be a crappy choice, but this guy is adamant that Metal Sonic is all we are getting. Which contradicts what S0L and SumoRex have been saying.

But really, this isn't the first time he's believed what he found in his toilet.

I agree that Metal Sonic would be a crappy choice, but this guy is adamant that Metal Sonic is all we are getting.

but this guy is adamant that Metal Sonic is all we are getting.

Metal Sonic is all we are getting.

33.gif

Oh, no.

The biggest selling point for me was the DLC. Even if I had been mildly disappointed at the final content of the full game on release, I at least had plenty of DLC to look forward to. Now they're telling me it's not coming? What a ripoff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, no.

The biggest selling point for me was the DLC. Even if I had been mildly disappointed at the final content of the full game on release, I at least had plenty of DLC to look forward to. Now they're telling me it's not coming? What a ripoff.

Tis not true. Downloadable assets must be an afterthought, no? There was no guarantee that paid content was going to happen in the first place.

Oh, no.

I had a variety of responces, I'm just going to list them all.

1: *is too busy laughing to comment...*

2: How was it a ripoff exactly? The box advertises the game very well. You pay money, and that is exchanged for what the box/game has on offer. DLC is an extra charge for extra services not advertised.... Please explain how you were ripped off?

3: But the DLC would be based on 90% of the coding thats already in the game. DLC has to fit around the content thats already in the game. So if you're disapointed at the game chances are the DLC will disapoint you just as much.

4: This takes moaning to a new level.

There was no guarantee that paid content was going to happen in the first place.

The website did... but then again... find fault with it? There is none, the website advertised DLC and we got it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Weren't thou a particular user lambasted for making such a blasphemus claim?

Turns out to be true :o

Yep. Funny how that turned out.

Can't say that I'm not disappointed that no more DLC is coming (as of now), but I'm not gonna cry over it. Kept my expectations fairly low anyway. Still haven't downloaded the Death Egg Pack either...

Well, nothing left to say but thanks for a fun game Sumo. If you (and/or Sega) choose to make another Sega Star game, I'd be looking forward to it.

Edited by SykoTech

Does this mean we can see that Segata Sanshiro concept art now?

Also, since I guess the dust has settled, just why did it take a massive campaign to get NiGHTs representation in the game? It's been an A lister up to this point.

I'd not like to think of it as the possible end.. but hoping they're thinking of new tracks to include with that Death Egg zone to make a new cup/grand prix or something.. p:

Well since it looks like this thread might be coming to an end soon (with a low chance of more DLC, there really isn't that much more to talk about), I'll just say this: S0L, you and your team did a great job with this game. I hope you guys decide to do another Sonic & SEGA All-Stars game (doesn't matter which genre, as long as it's fun). Also, props to you, S0L, for sticking with this community so long and answering our questions.

I am a bit dissapointed with the low chance of more DLC, esspecially since I really liked the Death Egg track and thought Metal Sonic was a great choice of character, but whatever. The game's fun, and it's not like we were promised more DLC or anything.

1: *is too busy laughing to comment...*

Then why did you comment? Thanks for being an exceedingly smug dickhead, it makes me want to dignify your worthless post with a multi-paragraph, well written response. Oh wait no it doesn't.

Feeling ripped off is completely subjective. Faced with the possibility that there's no future DLC, I feel the game promised something before purchase that it wouldn't deliver, hence I feel ripped off, that's all there is to it. I don't see why this is so hard for your tiny brain to comprehend. I'm not saying the game is at all a bad game. I'm saying that the promise of DLC was a huge factor in me buying the game because, without it, I doubt I would have made the purchase knowing it wasn't there. If I had known it would fizzle out early I wouldn't have spent my money.

Edited by PsychoJosh
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 7

Then why did you comment? Thanks for being an exceedingly smug dickhead, it makes me want to dignify your worthless post with a multi-paragraph, well written response. Oh wait no it doesn't.

Feeling ripped off is completely subjective. Faced with the possibility that there's no future DLC, I feel the game promised something before purchase that it wouldn't deliver, hence I feel ripped off, that's all there is to it. I don't see why this is so hard for your tiny brain to comprehend. I'm not saying the game is at all a bad game. I'm saying that the promise of DLC was a huge factor in me buying the game because, without it, I doubt I would have made the purchase knowing it wasn't there. If I had known it would fizzle out early I wouldn't have spent my money.

So you buy a game for a few extra characters and tracks than the whopping amount you get on the disc? You wouldn't buy the game for the content of said game? :rolleyes:

I fail to see how Casanova was being an 'exceedingly smug dickhead' for stating facts.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If you see something that insults you, do refrain from flaming. Even if I feel we are not being too harsh enough about this type of violation at the moment, I still wish to express how unwanted the behaviour is on the SSMB. It is about feeling warmt and friendliness. If you see something that insults you and that you wish to suggest someone to do something about it, report it to the members of staff and we shall have a look at it, but please refrain from contributing to or starting flamewars or unnecessary extraordinary rudeness. Oki? =3

Sorry for interrupting the discussion - Please proceed, fellow members.

• Thumbs Up 2

Obviously the future DLC strongly depends on the sales of the game. I'm not sure just how well it's done/doing, but I'm sure it probably isn't selling like it should be.

I too, would like to thank you S0L for sticking with us here at SSMB and the rest of the cummunity, along with everyone else (including yourself) at Sumo for making an insanely fun game. More DLC would be a great treat but, people can't stick to just one project for too long, it's not too profitable...

What sort of genres could we be seeing next though, I wonder? Fighting could work (Sonic the Fighters), Football would be good if it had a twist on it (like Mario Smash Football, I really don't like normal football games), or, dare I say it, Dance Dance Sonic and Sega Mix?! :P

Your problem is that you wanted Sumo to advertise features that they would not include in the game. Your whole argument is that you would not have bought the game had Sumo decided to tell you what they wouldn't include in the game as apposed to what they and every other developer does.... tell you what is in the game.

Laughter seemed like an appropriate responce to that line of thinking.

But if you cared to read past the first point that you quoted you would find that I did ask you the following.... "How did you get ripped off, they gave you everything that they advertised."

I'm saying that the promise of DLC was a huge factor in me buying the game

Xbox 360 version: Ryo-f unlock code. 100% completion code. Metal Sonic & Death Egg track. Avatar items.

PS3 version: Ryo-f unlock code. Metal Sonic & Death Egg track, a possible premium theme.

(For the above, there is that potential 3rd big DLC pack that some people here have been hinting at... so long as they're not bullshitting.)

PC/DS/Wii: No DLC, but this was stated months ago.

You got DLC. How did you get ripped off? They gave you everything that they said they would. Answer this simple question. How did you get ripped off when Sumo gave you everything that they said they would.

Edit: *Reads the comments on the news story on the main page*

Are you kidding me? Some people are actually suggesting that they're going to boycott the next game because this one isn't getting anymore DLC? What the hell is wrong with these people!? I think that

sums up my thoughts on that one? Thats the kind of crap you expect to read on the 4kids forum. Are they talking about this on the official Sega forum too!? Edited by Casanova

^ Don't forget the premium theme the Xbox 360 version got too :)

4340213621_cba8f3c3c3.jpg

If there's a possibility for no more DLC, then I'm not bothered by it. Hell this so far has been my favorite kart racer of the year, and I'm still playing it. I don't see myself selling this game because with all of the stuff that came with the game plus the bits of DLC we got.

DLC-wise, I'd be hugely disappointed if Metal and Death Egg are all that ever show up. 1 character and level form the most recurring series in the game is somewhat of a let down. That said, I'm also miffed about the prices in such a way that I won't consider buy anything right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Hidden Ring Stash mission is annoying me to end to AAA, there's just not enough time to get that many rings together and all of the left and right path ways have tiny sandy bumps that make you jump and go off-screen then respawn back on the road >_<

This is about how I feel -

l.jpg

:lol:

Found a YouTube solution -

Will go try that now.

EDIT;

Done it XD

Well, considering the game's over two months old, it's still doing pretty well sales-wise. It's the 15th best-selling game overall at the moment (it's also 15th on the XBox 360), 14th on PS3, and a very respectable fifth on Wii. It's 13th on DS (and as a side note, Sonic Classic Collection is 8th).

So yeah, still selling pretty well. Also, I noticed that the DS demo's gone back up on the Nintendo Channel. Wasn't it on the demo disc for some magazines last month, too?

I can't access the DLC as my internet isn't good enough for online gaming. I still rate Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing a full ten, and play it regularly!

And hey, the Wii version wasn't getting DLC, was it? The DS version certainly isn't. Why boycott the game for such a stupid reason?! :blink:

If this is wrapping up, as others have, I'll just close on a reflection back to my (lengthy, sorry) review of the game and say S0L, and your team, congratulations and thank you! Other, more personal, reasons as to why this game has changed my life aside, you've simply produced sheer unbridled fun on a Blu-Ray. It will always hold a special place in my heart and, for that, so will you. Cheers, guys!