NinMicroSega 491

Blue Blood 280

France 273

Gnasher 250

(屮≧益≦)屮 238

bro-botnik 209

Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper 194

ShadiWulf 187

Also, headless Sonic and Shadow is terrible. Now how will Amy tell then apart? D=

theSpeedDemon27 over at the SEGA Forums found this interesting glitch in what I guess is the PC version since someone suggested he/she re-download it to fix the glitch.

He won the race, and was a head in front.

*drum crash*

• Thumbs Up 4

Ouch. Headless Sonic. Wonder if its the same for Super Sonic? Also what's the difference in Ulala?

Ulala's become an over the top blushing bride so to speak :lol:

Ouch. Headless Sonic. Wonder if its the same for Super Sonic? Also what's the difference in Ulala?

Weeeeeelll..... considering the fact that her FACE is missing... ('cept for eyes and maybe mouth...)

Funny thing is that the PC version is the one I have atm (since it was cheap) and I haven't had any problems save framerate. Initially some tracks wouldn't play and the music wouldn't play, but then later I saw it downloaded more stuff (after it took almost 24 hours to download everything initially) and everything worked fine. Again, the only problem I have is framerate. Its even at the lowest settings. No clue why; my laptop is in the requirements (2.1 GHz DUAL-CORE and 4 GB RAM), its just slow.

Either way, I, obviously, main Shadow. Still working my skills out, but its not that bad. First character I unlocked was Knuckles and I played him a bit, too. Definitely liking the game... its just the framerate issues that's the problem.

Oh, and I haven't ONCE gotten an All-Star. Even during the brief time that I fell out of first before I didn't get it. And no, its not my "l33t" skills; I'm sticking to Beginner until I beat Grand Prix, then I'll start going higher up.

A few people have asked me what's the best version, I would rank each version like this (I own all versions and this is just my opinion):

1. PS3 Version: Why? it was the lead version in development and is the best graphiced version, the frame rate is also the highest. You can also use the PS3 controller as a wheel.

2. 360 Version: It has avatars and a exclusive character to this version, very similar to the PS3 version but the graphics are not as good and the frame rate is lower.

3. Wii Version: Because it has pretty good graphics for a Wii game, though the online mode is pretty bad considering most of the time the host ends the match when he/she is losing -_-' but it has Mii's playable and you can also use the Wii-mote as a wheel. Also, why is there no blur on the Wii version...

4. PC Version: No online, no DLC. It's great since you can also customize the graphic settings.

5. DS Version: It feels very generic if you ask me. The graphics are nice for a DS game I guess. But the online mode is pretty empty.... oh well.

I 100% agree!

Okay, this is pretty extreme. Top 10 posters in the topic:

Okay, this is pretty extreme. Top 10 posters in the topic:

Shadzter 1147

Doctor Eggman 895

NinMicroSega 491

Blue Blood 280

France 273

Gnasher 250

(屮≧益≦)屮 238

bro-botnik 209

Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper 194

ShadiWulf 187

I'm top poster? XD 1,147 posts in this topic alone? Does this make me nerdy and kind of sad? :lol:

Well...

I will certainly have nightmares with that. D:

Headless Sonic looks creepy as heck... that sphere where his head used to be doesn't help at all. D:

Alien Pink faced Ulala I guess.

Funny thing is that the PC version is the one I have atm (since it was cheap) and I haven't had any problems save framerate. Initially some tracks wouldn't play and the music wouldn't play, but then later I saw it downloaded more stuff (after it took almost 24 hours to download everything initially) and everything worked fine. Again, the only problem I have is framerate. Its even at the lowest settings. No clue why; my laptop is in the requirements (2.1 GHz DUAL-CORE and 4 GB RAM), its just slow.

Check my specs a few pages back, it works for me at an almost solid 30 fps (i think, because I find it quite playable and even while running other apps and in max settings) the only problem is when it get's crowded and someone attacks, the game freezes for a few seconds before going back to normal...

Also, I can pull out all stars just fine (I got an all star 2 times with Z&Z during a race).

I'm top poster? XD 1,147 posts in this topic alone? Does this make me nerdy and kind of sad? :lol:

You sir, are the no.1 Steve Lycett stalker :lol:

Also, I am sad because I'm not in the top 10 :( , even surpassed by 2 banned users.

Edited by imarafan

Didn't actually see that, oof, is she embaressed about something or what?

Also, don't feel bad imarafan! At least your still on here right? sides, we all remember some of the bad posts that we had.....

I just realized it's been ages since I posted here.

Doesn't knuckles also have the best drift time? So the only bad part is his low speed?

Not really sure what you mean by drift time. He has godly handling and godly acceleration, with his main downfalls being below average speed and below average Turbo-Boost power. He can charge up a level 1 Turbo-Boost insanely quickly (which is great at the starting line paired with his godly acceleration and for recovering from big hits), but it's not that powerful and with his lack of speed, it won't really push him ahead if he's up against a character like Sonic or Shadow. He's still a really solid character, great for beginners, and as I've said before, an absolute monster in the right hands (I.E. mine :P). He's not as easy to use as say, Shadow or Alex Kidd, but he's great to pick up if you prefer him over those too.

I don't know if it's just because it's a Bank Holiday weekend, because it's the school half term holidays, or maybe the fact the game's been out for longer, giving more people a chance to buy it, but if today is anything to go by, the online situation with the Wii version seems to have improved.

Played online for an hour or so today, and had surprisingly little trouble finding people to race with. Compared to almost every other time I'd tried playing online, where I struggled to find anyone at all. Here's hoping this trend keeps up.

The DS version doesn't appear to be faring as well, sadly. Still quite hard to find players.

Those are interesting glitches to say the least. I've been telling friends to stay away from the PC version (mainly because most of them do have a PS3), and now with this I might have the upper hand.

Just got 1000/1000 gamerscore on the Xbox 360 version on top of the Platinum I got on my PS3 version a couple weeks back, yes I am that sad. Now should I go 100% complete all Challenge's on the Wii and DS versions too? :lol:

Just got 1000/1000 gamerscore on the Xbox 360 version on top of the Platinum I got on my PS3 version a couple weeks back, yes I am that sad. Now should I go 100% complete all Challenge's on the Wii and DS versions too? :lol:

Heh, I already got 1000/1000 on the 360 version and got 100% on the PS3 version 1.5 times (including the time I had to delete my save file and start over). I'm even sadder than you. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, big thread! :D

I've played this loads since it was released. Got the Xbox 360 version and played it online, offline with the game society at my Uni, on my own.. Never get bored of it.

It has a few problems though. Glitches, especially on the scenery, weird physics from time to time, bad framerate on offline 4-player splitscreen (Isn't too bad with three) some unbalancing between racers, and I would say unbalancing with the catch up mode. This one actually caused some controversy in our society, caused me to lose a friend and now I'm hated by a bunch of people; because I thought it was fair to have catch up or All-Star moves on within a friendly gaming tournament ;)

I still love the game to bits though. If you add my Gamertag (Tru Smiles) I would be more than happy to race online with people! I'm kinda hoping this game makes an appearance at SoS this year, maybe even a little tournament, cos I could play it all day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, big thread! :D

I've played this loads since it was released. Got the Xbox 360 version and played it online, offline with the game society at my Uni, on my own.. Never get bored of it.

It has a few problems though. Glitches, especially on the scenery, weird physics from time to time, bad framerate on offline 4-player splitscreen (Isn't too bad with three) some unbalancing between racers, and I would say unbalancing with the catch up mode. This one actually caused some controversy in our society, caused me to lose a friend and now I'm hated by a bunch of people; because I thought it was fair to have catch up or All-Star moves on within a friendly gaming tournament ;)

I still love the game to bits though. If you add my Gamertag (Tru Smiles) I would be more than happy to race online with people! I'm kinda hoping this game makes an appearance at SoS this year, maybe even a little tournament, cos I could play it all day.

The game caused you to lose a friend? This game is bad ass :lol: but seriously, sorry to hear you lost a friend over the game :(

I'll add you when I'm next on my Xbox 360 and we can have a game together sometime, we used to regular tournaments for SaSASR here at the SSMB in it's own thread but people stopped playing.

Awesome, would love to race! Would love to take part in some tournaments too if people decided to take 'em up again!

No worries about the friend though, if people fall out with you to the degree he did over one minor disagreement, they're not really a friend worth having.. SaSASR is worth it ;)

Awesome, would love to race! Would love to take part in some tournaments too if people decided to take 'em up again!

No worries about the friend though, if people fall out with you to the degree he did over one minor disagreement, they're not really a friend worth having.. SaSASR is worth it ;)

What days and times are you free to race? If we can schedule a day and time I could revive the tournament thread and see if anyone else wants to join in.

Yeah I've been thinking about having a ASR meet up again for sometime now not been on ASR properly for sometime now so will be a little rusty at playing it XD *goes to look for dead ASR meet up topic and post in it XD)

Edit:

Edited by Crash

Any time is good for me honestly, now that it's the summer holidays. What days/times did you guys do it before?

Just got this game for the DS today. It's pretty good. :) I tried using Shadow at first, but only came 2nd, so I started using Sonic and came first, and even won the Chao Cup on my first try with him! It does have a few faults though. Holding down the R button to drift to get boosts gives me hand cramps. That's the only complaint I have so far. Using the L button for wepons is a bit odd, but I suppose I'll get used to it as I play more.

I heard there was a Crush 40 track exclusive to the DS version. Is this true?

Just got this game for the DS today. It's pretty good. :) I tried using Shadow at first, but only came 2nd, so I started using Sonic and came first, and even won the Chao Cup on my first try with him! It does have a few faults though. Holding down the R button to drift to get boosts gives me hand cramps. That's the only complaint I have so far. Using the L button for wepons is a bit odd, but I suppose I'll get used to it as I play more.

I heard there was a Crush 40 track exclusive to the DS version. Is this true?

Yeah, that is true. It plays somewhere in the credits if I remember correctly, about half way through them I think.

EDIT: Just checked and yes it plays after Bentley Jones in the credits.

I have a question. I can't find the solution to unlock more cups in the Grand Prix for the DS. Can anyone help? I did a quick search on Google and found nothing.

I've beat the DS version but I can't remember, I imagine you just play them and unlock them one after the other.

The full list of 6 cups are -

Chao Cup

Graffiti Cup

Egg Cup

Horror Cup

Samba Cup

Monkey Cup

• 2 weeks later...

I so want this as ASR DLC for Doctor Eggman to have another race car like Ryo has but this like this, it looks so freaking amazing

eggmanmachine.jpg

[image from the guy who created this awesomeness website]

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Saw that on SEGA Nerds yesterday, it's freaking epic! If only SEGA were still supporting DLC for this game :(