Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Because Sega abandoned this game? We'll never get any DLC. ;_;

Oh well... it was fun while it lasted.

Edited by Autosaver

More to the point, why wasn't that Eggman's vehicle in the first place? ;_;

Indeed would of been much better choice than the Monster truck Eggman has in the game or he could of had it as an alternative vehicle like Ryo has his Bike and Forklift as playable vehicles in the game

Edited by Crash

Does anyone have any advice for the DS version Find The Gates mission on Curien Mansion as Billy Hatcher? I can earn a 9/10 star rank but I can't get the full 10/10. The map is no help since Billy's head icon doesn't turn around to indicate which way you're facing, it's so frustrating >_<

Mission is titled in the red banner as -

Grave Hard

Hatcher Plan

Any help would be appreciated :)

EDIT:

Never mind, I just got really lucky after months of attempts and earned the last star with 2 seconds to go :lol:

The monster truck gives the Eggpod the illusion of flight without being one of those floaty characters. It also allows Eggman to flat out bully every other racer (while the Drill would only be effective head on). I love the idea behind the drill, but I gotta say Sumo went the right direction with the Big Rig Eggpod.

asrdsmissons100.jpg

YAY! I finally beat all missions on the DS version and earned 10/10 stars on them all :D

I thought the consoles versions had a few tough missions but the DS version has plenty of them, was disappointed the final Sonic vs Eggman battle at the top was so easy though.

I thought the consoles versions had a few tough missions but the DS version has plenty of them, was disappointed the final Sonic vs Eggman battle at the top was so easy though.

That Big "don't crash with anything" mission... I swear... whoever complained about his "don't break the pot's" mission in the console version hasn't played that one. >_>

So anyway. My little thing relating to All Stars Racing fell through; So I'm at liberty to speak about it now rofl. What was going on, was I was in the talks with Bentley Jones about getting "So Much More..." into Rock Band Network. Before you flip out, re-read all my posts that clearly said "relating to ASR" or "ASR Related", never "for ASR". xD So anyway yeah. The first blurred picture was a screenshot of REAPER, an audio editing program, with So Much More... loaded into it, containing some notes. The second one was some gameplay of Rock Band with So Much More... in it.

Sorry about the disappointment; Bentley was incredibly interested and he and all the parties on his side weren't objecting to it, nor did SEGA have any rights to the song beyond ASR apparently, but with Bentley so busy with WE R ANIMADE and other such projects, he just can't find time to do it anymore. So! if he does appear in RBN, it'll be much later, through RockGamer Studios or Rhythm Authors. xD Not through me.

Sorry about dicking around with this for so long-- It took ages for Bentley to get back after a while... X_x

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi there, I’m new to this message board and I just saw this topic and I thought I’d share my experiences with this game so far. Be warned I do go on a bit.

I’ve been playing Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing for over a month now, although I honestly can’t remember when I first began playing it, and during that time I’ve played the Rampart Road demo (downloaded from PSN) to death, bought the full game three times and destroyed the game disc twice.

You might think based on that previous statement that I actually hate the game, but far from it I LOVE the game. In fact I love cart racers in general because traditionally I’m the worst gamer ever, and cart racers seem to be one of the very few games I’m actually good at and can enjoy (which used to be second only to Sonic of course). Of the cart racers I have sampled I have always found the best to be the original Crash Team Racing on the PS1.

An area in which CTR exceeds S&SASR is weaponry, because there’s a greater variety of it and it can be implemented more tactically. To highlight this point I’d like to mention the bombs that feature in both games. In S&SASR when you hurl a bomb at your opponent it will tend to curl and veer of course, in most cases it bounces around the track and detonates harmlessly. By contrast if you launched a bomb in CTR it would travel in a straight line and if you somehow missed a direct hit on your opponent, you could detonate the bomb early, and still take them out. It might sound like I dislike the weaponry in S&SASR, and if I’m being honest it is inferior to the weaponry in CTR, but it’s that lack of variety that forces a player to master its nuances and start thinking tactically and using it conservatively out on the track.

When I first started playing the game all I could think about when I scored a weapon from an item box was how quickly I could fire it off. Back in those early days of play my thinking was to blast the nearest opponent as quickly as I could so I could steal their lead. This philosophy seemed to suite me well when I was playing offline against the CPU. As I mentioned earlier I’m a terrible gamer, so up until this point I’d been playing the game on the beginner level. I prefer playing it on the beginner level, even if theres very little challenge I’d rather win a race than lose every time to the point of having my soul crushed. Even so I found myself seeking a greater challenge faster than I had anticipated, so I turned to online gaming. It occurred to be that although I don’t like getting my ass kicked, playing against a human opponent would somehow justify the risk. I felt that it was acceptable to lose to a human opponent than a robot that hadn’t earned its skill.

Playing Online really upped my game, I started implementing weapons more tactically. For instance I soon found out that projectile weapons like the Rockets, KO Gloves and Confusion Star were better used as suppression fire for those behind me. I also discovered that the best way to get ahead was not just by taking out those in front and behind, but by using my own weapons to parry incoming attacks. I also began thinking about better trap placement. in CTR I’d learnt how to booby trap boost pads, but the traps in S&SASR weren’t as affective so I had to adopted a new strategy. For instance I started dropping traps around corners and places where the track descended quickly so my opponents wouldn’t notice them. Sometimes I’d drop a trap during a drift because I knew that if the opponent behind me was going to drift round the same corner they would follow the same trajectory.

The first time I played the game online I won two matches (which I wasn’t expecting) and came to the conclusion that I was better at the game than I had initially thought. This thought quickly evaporated as I was repeatedly beaten over and over. My rage genes quickly kicked in and before I knew it I had ejected the disc and cut it up into tiny tiny pieces. After the rage had subsided I came to the logical conclusion that I would need to practice (alot) before I could compete successfully online against human opponents. Thus S&SASR number two was bought. I started playing online again with no expectations of winning, but just trying to enjoy the experience. As time went on my mind started to focus and I developed a much more ruthless attitude to the game, which was simply: ‘If you don’t blow them up first the’ll blow you up’. One of the things I hated out on the track the most was when an opponent would hit you with a projectile weapon, and then just as you’d recovered another played would pass you and do the same. That’s really when I adopted my above philosophy, and also when I started using weapons to attack players who were behind me.

I also began to multitask and manage my weaponry alot better. As I mentioned earlier I had learnt how to parry incoming attacks, but I had to master firing a weapon at just the right moment to counter an attack while still negating a tricky section of track. I also learnt to hold on to certain types of weaponry like like the x3 Rockets because players are sometimes less likely to attack you. I also learnt only to activate the Shield item when I was being fired upon, or when I was approaching a new item box, because the Shield had a limited lifespan.

Another important aspect for me was finding the right racing vehicle to drive. I’ve observed that vehicles that drift sharply tend to generate a boost quicker than those that don’t. For instance Sonic doesn’t drift sharply so he can only use the much wider corners to generate a boost, whereas AiAi’s drift is much sharper which means he can take the smallest of turns and still get a boost. The only problem with AiAi is that he turns too quickly while drifting and tends to come out of a corner pointing in a different direction to the one you wanted to go. I tend to use Samba De Amigo for most of my racing because he represents a middle ground between these two extremes, and you can pretty much get a boost out of any corner with no ill side effects. Sometimes I like to use Shadow as well because his motorcycle’s alot smaller than the other vehicle so he can take corners more tightly and avoid getting stuck in smaller areas.

The only drawback with online play is the inability to play against other players of equal competence. Since playing S&SASR online my skills have greatly improved to a point where on one particular late night gaming session I managed to come in third, second, and a few times in first place. But no matter how good I get there will always be players better than me. It’s the nature of the internet, to bring together the very few big and badass hardcore players in the world and place them in one competition. Sometimes I get lucky and play against people of an equal skill level, and sometimes I end up playing against those badass hardcore players and end up with my spirt (and S&SASR number two) in pieces.

So at the moment I’m currently waiting for S&SASR number three to arrive in the post from Amazon.co.uk. While I wait maybe you could share your S&SASR experiences and any tips would be greatly appreciated. Also if you are a PSN user and equally average as me at the game why not add me to your friends list and we can both suck together.

FYI The third copy of the game arrived yesterday so I’ll be gearing up for some racing funness today.

Edited by KieranAPB
  • Thumbs Up 2

*mega post*

Hey welcome to the show KieranAPB!

ProTip #1

Never annihilate a copy of a game disc.

I make it a habit to not even so much as sell my old games (even the ones I don’t like). Seriously, 10, 15, 20 years from now, I might be in possession of the only collectors edition of Perfect Dark Zero (because the game itself sucked soooooo hard).

Then I can sell it for millions.

…..

As for tips on this game, it sounds like you found a good niche in terms of character selection, but remember that it never hurts to try out other characters. You also want to remember that each characters strengths and weaknesses vary wildly from course to course (especially in a certain Monkey Ball stage). What works for you in one place might be the cause of your demise in the next stage. Learning how to exploit your favorite character in each type of stage is half the battle and makes main-ing a small cast all that much more challenging.

Another tip would be the rather obvious “stay ahead of the chaos” rule in online gaming. You never want to find yourself muddled in the middle of a pack. If you do, then you’ll be rather counter-productive while wailing on each other. The guy in 1st and 2nd will just be increasing their lead as they go unchecked.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Premium Theme now FINALLY available for U.S. PS3 owners -

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/07/06/playstation-store-update-146/

Here's our article on the EU release with pics of all the random wallpapers contained in the theme -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/ps3-asr-theme-now-on-playstation-store

Oh what the heck I'll post the pics up here -

PS3-ASR-Theme.jpg

PS3-ASR-Theme-2.jpg

PS3-ASR-Theme-3.jpg

PS3-ASR-Theme-4.jpg

PS3-ASR-Theme-5.jpg

PS3-ASR-Theme-6.jpg

PS3-ASR-Theme-7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for you guys:

I know you can select a music track out of the ones you've bought for that level during the pre-race sequence by pressing left and right on d-pad, but is there any way you can set it back so it picks it at random again (I'm pretty sure that's what it did before, though I could be wrong)?

If you just choose a level and never specifically pick a song, the music choice will be random still.

Oh ok, are you sure, because it seems like the last song I picked continues to play every time I pick that course, like I don't remember ever doing Death Egg without having Cosmic Fall in the background, because I picked that once... Unless it's co-incidense!

I've been playing the game recently after a break from it (lol not a physical break :lol: ), And I've almost got every achievemant, the only one I'll probably not get is for playing a friend online and ultimate collector, due to to the friend online one...cos no-one I really know on my xbox friends list has it :o .

If anyone could help me though, gimme a shout ;)

Also, the games really good, my only problem is why are all the Sonic levels from Sonic Heroes, it didn't exactly have the greatest levels, it has like 4 versions of each level, I mean what the hell? :blink: and even worse adding rushes music none of the megadrive era music,,,, :(

But whenever Im playing on the final fortress, I think to myself "this level would work nice for sonic unleashed :P "

good games deserve seaquals :D

So anyway. My little thing relating to All Stars Racing fell through; So I'm at liberty to speak about it now rofl. What was going on, was I was in the talks with Bentley Jones about getting "So Much More..." into Rock Band Network. Before you flip out, re-read all my posts that clearly said "relating to ASR" or "ASR Related", never "for ASR". xD So anyway yeah. The first blurred picture was a screenshot of REAPER, an audio editing program, with So Much More... loaded into it, containing some notes. The second one was some gameplay of Rock Band with So Much More... in it.

Sorry about the disappointment; Bentley was incredibly interested and he and all the parties on his side weren't objecting to it, nor did SEGA have any rights to the song beyond ASR apparently, but with Bentley so busy with WE R ANIMADE and other such projects, he just can't find time to do it anymore. So! if he does appear in RBN, it'll be much later, through RockGamer Studios or Rhythm Authors. xD Not through me.

Sorry about dicking around with this for so long-- It took ages for Bentley to get back after a while... X_x

Bentley has been acting kind of weird since the contest IMO. I know he has new projects but he seems awfully keen of shedding his Sonic fanbase image all of a sudden. I guess though all artists try to take off sometime and that lawsuit might be making things a bit messy :/

I've been playing the game recently after a break from it (lol not a physical break :lol: ), And I've almost got every achievemant, the only one I'll probably not get is for playing a friend online and ultimate collector, due to to the friend online one...cos no-one I really know on my xbox friends list has it :o .

If anyone could help me though, gimme a shout ;)

Also, the games really good, my only problem is why are all the Sonic levels from Sonic Heroes, it didn't exactly have the greatest levels, it has like 4 versions of each level, I mean what the hell? :blink: and even worse adding rushes music none of the megadrive era music,,,, :(

But whenever Im playing on the final fortress, I think to myself "this level would work nice for sonic unleashed :P "

good games deserve seaquals :D

Gamertag's in my sig. Feel free to add me, and if you see me online, give me a holler. :)

Gamertag's in my sig. Feel free to add me, and if you see me online, give me a holler. :)

Cheers dude! :):D

I'd race with you but I'm on the PS3 version, sorry.

As for the music, you were right Chooch, thanks for the help! Turns out the whole Death Egg thing had been a huge co-incidense where I was getting the same song every time I played. Last night it finally played a different song, I guess it was a huge co-incidense that it had picked that one song every time since I picked it, haha!

Well, i got every achievemant...everyone except The Ultimate Collection Achievement, why's this? :angry:

Anyone know how to fix this?...any way without doing them all again?

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone noticed that the achievements seem too easy to get? I think the DLC pack should have put in more achievements...that would have been awesome

Am I the only one who's noticed that nearly all of the Sonic characters' dialogue are repeated voice clips from '06?

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one who's noticed that nearly all of the Sonic characters' dialogue are repeated voice clips from '06?

Aren't you worried?

• Thumbs Up 2