Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

EVERYBODY'S SUPER SONIC RACING,

TRY TO KEEP YOUR FEET RIGHT ON THE GROUND,

WHEN YOU'RE SUPER SONIC RACING,

THERE'S NO TIME TO LOOK AROUND...

Beat me to it. D:

So we've got a wacky kart-esque racer with some of my favorite video game characters ever and there's online play?

It's kind of hard for me not to be excited.

I wonder who is developing it, please please say Sumo Digital. After Outrun & Superstars Tennis I would hold much hope for it.

Anybody else get a serious Whacky Races vibe from the trailer? I hope that can be conveyed in the game, in which 'evil' characters get a variety of fiendish contraptions to deploy, and the 'good' characters get counters to them (and their own moves too).

Edit:

I wonder who is developing it, please please say Sumo Digital. After Outrun & Superstars Tennis I would hold much hope for it.

It's Sumo. Read the topic subtitle and my post above.

Edit:

Who uploaded them in the first place :P

Yeah but you didn't post them. ;)

It is Sumo Digital.

ONM have confirmed it in their latest new update.

I'm really excited about this game =) Hope Ryo Hazuki's a playable character, though, although I know he won't be =(

Love Sonic's car btw ^.^

Edited by HelenBaby

S0L (Steve Lycett) at NeoGAF says that we'll be happier with the character roster this time!

Yes we've listened to the SST feedback - and I'm sure you'll be a lot happier with the character roster. Once we can talk about it that is. Providing the office doesn't burn down, it should make a showing on the E3 floor.

Hopefully, that means Shadow won't show up, and the roster won't be overflowing with Sonic characters like the last game.

Vectorman please!

Hopefully, that means Shadow won't show up, and the roster won't be overflowing with Sonic characters like the last game.

Vectorman please!

This isn't Sonic Racing, this is basically Sega All-Stars Racing featuring Sonic. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's only in the title because of his brand appeal to kids. This looks like Sega's take on Mario Kart, and as such we should expect a whole variety of characters to feature. I would expect to see Ristar in there too, and, hell, even an Alien or Predator.

What's the big deal with Sonic in a car? Maye he's racing for fun or bragging rights. Wouldn't be much fun to just smoke everyone easily anyway. He's not trying to save the world or anything. Lighten up people.

Besides if he was running they would just gimp him like in Mario/Sonic Olympics anyway.

S0L (Steve Lycett) at NeoGAF says that we'll be happier with the character roster this time!

Vectorman please!

Boo, the more Sonic characters the better. Its only bad when its Shadow, Shadow, Shadow.

Plus if you look at the title before it was SEGA superstars tennis. Now its Sonic & SEGA All-stars racing, which hopefully means alot of emphasis on Sonic.

Im just up for a laaaaarge roster of characters, and seeing as I don't know/care for too many other SEGA characters I say bring on the Sonic ones in numbers!

Boo, the more Sonic characters the better. Its only bad when its Shadow, Shadow, Shadow.

or Silver ;)

This isn't Sonic Racing, this is basically Sega All-Stars Racing featuring Sonic. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's only in the title because of his brand appeal to kids. This looks like Sega's take on Mario Kart, and as such we should expect a whole variety of characters to feature. I would expect to see Ristar in there too, and, hell, even an Alien or Predator.

I know that. I'm saying that I don't want it to be like last time in Superstars Tennis where there were TOO MANY Sonic characters in the game taking up slots for more deserving characters, like Ristar, and Vectorman, and Segata Sanshiro!

Plus if you look at the title before it was SEGA superstars tennis. Now its Sonic & SEGA All-stars racing, which hopefully means alot of emphasis on Sonic.

Im just up for a laaaaarge roster of characters, and seeing as I don't know/care for too many other SEGA characters I say bring on the Sonic ones in numbers!

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection says hi, SOnic was hardly the focus in that game.

Looking at the style of the game, I wouldn't expect too many characters on the realistic scale of the roster. I'm afraid Shadow is pretty much garunteed as many fans (and some non) will moan regardless of if they put him in or not, so why not stick him in as extra. Hopefully the roster will be expanded though.

I know that. I'm saying that I don't want it to be like last time in Superstars Tennis where there were TOO MANY Sonic characters in the game taking up slots for more deserving characters, like Ristar, and Vectorman, and Segata Sanshiro!

I agree wholeheartedly, there needs to be a lot less emphasis placed on Sonic and a lot more on the other great properties Sega holds. I think they should even have a Total War track, where you race around a Gallic fortified town or maybe a Greek city as a Roman Legion lays siege to the place with catapults and all sorts. Action packed racing shenanigans!

Looking at the style of the game, I wouldn't expect too many characters on the realistic scale of the roster. I'm afraid Shadow is pretty much garunteed as many fans (and some non) will moan regardless of if they put him in or not, so why not stick him in as extra. Hopefully the roster will be expanded though.

I think SEGA has learned its a good idea to stop listening to Sonic fans, their recent games are starting to show that more instead of listening to sonic fans, they are taking advantage of them.

Considering Sonic's name is in the title, I'm sure there will be some focus on him, in fact the only character so far not confirmed from SST roster is Shadow.

(For those that want to bring it up, the reason the US game Sonic's Ultimate Genesis collection was named that was in part due to copyright of that name already being held by music group Genesis among other things.)

My assumption will be atm that all the characters from Superstars Tennis will return plus some more from other franchises depending on which ones they can obtain the rights to use (I think Ristar is a fairly definite, as much as I would love Vectorman I think he's only got a 50/50 chance, while characters from Streets of Rage and Virtua Fighter are much less likely to keep the age rating down).

Isn't it going to be on PC?.. I can't find any information about this, but in the end of the trailer there is "PC DVD"..

P.S. Shenmue forever!

Edited by ArtFenix

Wow the track looks AMAZING! That's like the perfect blend of realism and Classic Sonic checkered-hill style. Anyone else think that THIS is what we're looking for in terms of Sonic Unleashed-type gameplay and level design?

It has Sonic and Eggman, which means it has all the Sonic characters I'd really want badly.

Wow the track looks AMAZING! That's like the perfect blend of realism and Classic Sonic checkered-hill style. Anyone else think that THIS is what we're looking for in terms of Sonic Unleashed-type gameplay and level design?

Please leave bitching and moaning about Unleashed, HD 2D sonic Games or any of that crap in their relevant topic, and stick to the game in question, please and thank you.