Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

It would be awesome if SEGA-AM2 let Sumo use the OutRun engine for this.

Also, if Vectorman is in the game, he needs to BE the actual car.

For the people hoping there isn't a lot of focus on Sonic to make room for other characters.. why not just hope that the roster is really big?

That way you have the Sega characters that you want to be in the game and still have the Sonic characters other people want.

For the people hoping there isn't a lot of focus on Sonic to make room for other characters.. why not just hope that the roster is really big?

Because a massive roster means that less attention to detail is going to be paid to individual characters/vehicles, and we'll end up with clones ala Smash.

That way you have the Sega characters that you want to be in the game and still have the Sonic characters other people want.

I completely agree with this.

Afterall Sonic is SEGA's iconic character, and I will be annoyed if I fork out money to have minimal Sonic and awesome classic Sonic things, but I wouldn't be so annoyed if they had mass amounts of all things SEGA, cuz that would mean everybody gets something, Sonic fans and fans of other SEGA games.

It is a racing game afterall, so the character line up should (hopefully) be huge, and heres hoping to the levels too, because I'd love a few more Sonic themed levels.

TBH, I'm just hoping to see a playable Knuckles. His abesense from SST was lame, and this game looks so much better but I still fear he may not be there.

Who owns the rights to Toejam & Earl? Are they Sega? If so I want them in the game. Or what about Crazy Taxi? Is that Sega? If so shove one of 'em Taxi guys in with his taxi.

Because a massive roster means that less attention to detail is going to be paid to individual characters/vehicles, and we'll end up with clones ala Smash.
Well it's a racing game, personally I wouldn't be bothered much if all the characters played exactly the same...

That is a valid point, but I don't know. I guess I'm a bit more hopeful that Sumo Digital will do things right.

Edited by Chooch

Remember this little thing?

Hey,

I know this is my own doing. But my group and I JUST finished our interview with Pete Capella, the voice of Silver the Hedgehog - where we got some good insight about him getting the role and good advice. BUT, Pete totally confirms some secret sonic project he's not allowed to talk about.

Anyways! Here it is!

Wha-chow! It's like a kick in the nuts!

SILVER CONFIRMED!

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

My guesses for this is that from Sonic there will be Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Shadow. These are pretty much cause

1. We saw three of these in the trailer.

2. Shadow has been in every Super stars game.

I hope Knuckles is in it cause he was pretty much left out last time. Also its quite an idea that Silver will be included. Do you think there will be a House of the Dead track?

Edited by chaos shad

As with Mario Kart Wii, you'll be able to race online. You can race online with eight players and there's also a split-screen mode for four-player action.

Sweet. Finally a online ''Sonic'' racer.

My guesses for this is that from Sonic there will be Sonic, Tails, Eggman, Shadow.
Amy shows up in one of the screenshots, too.

Remember this little thing?

SILVER CONFIRMED!

I reckon this man is correct.

Edited by ENVY16

Diogenes said Amy shows up in one of the screenshots, too

True I just noticed that. Thanks! What other tracks will there be? House of the dead? Samba de Amigo? Eggmans base? I think a few will be from tennis so we should keep an eye on that. Oh there may be Outrun circuits too! Though for Sonic music I hope they don't pick Heroes stuff again.

Edited by chaos shad

Well it's a racing game, personally I wouldn't be bothered much if all the characters played exactly the same...

I don't want it to be really deep or anything, but the way I see it, the smaller the roster (within reason), the more unique stuff each character could get - weapons or moves unique to them.

I hope they dont do a Mario Kart clone, but an Outrun 2 clone. Seeing how SUMO is the developer, I have faith

There should totally be a Monkey Ball stage where every vehicle is in a plastic ball, and the stage is like, tilting about, and stuff.

I don't want it to be really deep or anything, but the way I see it, the smaller the roster (within reason), the more unique stuff each character could get - weapons or moves unique to them.
True, but how much variation is there really going to be? Stat tweaks, a special move or two, maybe a unique weapon...whereas in Smash Bros, just about every attack, move, and stat needs to be altered and tested and retested. I imagine it's a lot easier to create 35+ characters for a racing game than it was for them to make that many characters for Brawl. The bar for a "unique character" in a racing game is much lower than a fighting game, so with a reasonable amount of effort it should be no problem to create a large cast without blatant clones.

This last bit intrigues me.

And winning is only part of the fun in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing! Each character has a specific All Star move such as Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado, allowing a quick way for competitors to get back into the race! Power ups and weapons can also be collected around the tracks and used against the opposition to ensure they don’t become a threat to that number one position… Players can battle it out in single or multiplayer mode, allowing up to four friends to race in frantic split-screen action, or up to eight players to compete online in the ultimate racing showdown.
Hopefully they'll be a little more balanced than the Super Star moves from the Tennis game. I'm also curious as to what the "Tails Tornado" move is.

Wait I may have missed this but is there gonna be a JSR character in this game? I didnt see one in the trailer or the screens.

2) WHAT THE HECK! Instead of a JSR they give us a SONIC (is he really that special?) and sega superstars racing game. Mario kart/diddy kong racing/Crash team racing ripoff!! But atleast the game looks better than Mario kart wii.

3573090194_898d17a714_o.jpg

I spy a pissed-off AiAi, Eggman with his 4 wheels o' fury, lush location and a Crabmeat. (Fuck you, Crabmeat.) Hey, it's kind of cool that there using some of Sonic's old enemies in this.

Hmm... Now imagine if their was an Sonic-themed ice racing track. Ermm? Could it mean the return of... what's it's name. The Pengredator? Pengcommando? Pengingarden Cop? I forget. Oh well, it's not important anyway. :P I'm would just try to run them over just like Crabmeat. They may be hazards... but I'm still gonna.

Sorry, lost line of thought. I'm iffy with this title. Sumo digital is plus, but I'll need to see some gameplay footage before I make my choice. I do like the style of all the cars, matching everyone's personality. I do hope knuckles is in it, someone from Crazy Taxi and Ristar. Yes, I said Ristar. A man can dream.

It also like the zany course design. It the spirals, loops and whatnot.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Mario kart/diddy kong racing/Crash team racing ripoff!!

Why is it a rip-off? It's the same sort of game, Sega's take on the concept, but why is that ripping it off? Why don't you call PES a FIFA rip-off, or every FPS ever a Doom rip-off? Seriously mate, stop whining, it's about damn time Sega made a serious stab at competing with Nintendo in the racing field and frankly I find your cries of "omgripoff" to be most unhelpful.

I spy a pissed-off AiAi, Eggman with his 4 wheels o' fury, lush location and a Crabmeat.

Dude when I first looked at the screen I thought I saw YOSHI!

Edit: Ashurbanipal I was expecting a JSR or something waaay different like a return of a Dreamcast game. I wasnt expecting a sonic kart game. And yeah it is a new/different thing for sega to take the Racing kart thing. Now hopefully they do it right instead of do what they did with sega tennis. Actually I love the tennis game its just a few things they could of done waay better.

Edited by SHADIC360©