Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

It also like the zany course design. It the spirals, loops and whatnot.

I just hope they don't automate them like they do in Sonic games.

Dude when I first looked at the screen I thought I saw YOSHI!

Eh, I can see what you're talking about. it sort of looks like a Yoshi, but I thought it was a leaf tbh. Guess the fuel tank kind of blended in the scenery.

I just hope they don't automate them like they do in Sonic games.

I hope they don't as well. That would make a racing game go sour in seconds.

Although, I'm confident that they won't. It may not be the same team that's working on this game, but someone who is left from the F-Zero GX team should be wise enough and slap them silly if they did.

I love that Sonic is so narcisitic that he built a car that looks just like him haha

Of course he needs a car! He's entered a Grand Prix! ---- feel free to copy and paste that when someone starts to moan.

Not that excited about it so far, but hey who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be a Mario Kart beater?

Also, if the last few Sega Superstars titles are any indication, you can bet we'll get lots of different gameplay modes.

Is there any chance of this being shown off at E3?

I'd love to see some gameplay videos of it, and it seems a bit strange to announce a fairly big new game days before an event as big as E3 and then not do anything with it.

Gah. Sonic in a car bugs me, racing game or no racing game. Well, on the bright side, we got to see him get out of the thing for just a little bit (Homing attack on the missile, w/e/). Maybe one of those extra racers will be him on his own two feet? Either way, I don't think I'll be picking this one up.

The monster-truck eggmobile is pure and utter win, though.

Another crappy game.

Yay for Sega.

Seriously, and i thought Sega Superstars tennis was lame.

Sega Superstars Tennis was legitimately awesome and considering the fantastic job Sumo Digital did with the home ports of OutRun I’ve got full faith in them that this is going to be an enjoyable little racing game. I don’t expect it to set the world on fire but Sega characters in cars trying to kill each other is a great idea. Oh, and seen as Mario and Sonic are on better terms these days what’s the chance of the plumber from the Mushroom Kingdom showing up in his famous Kart?

Oh, and seen as Mario and Sonic are on better terms these days what’s the chance of the plumber from the Mushroom Kingdom showing up in his famous Kart?
There isn't any chance. At all.

Another crappy game.

And you have exact what experience playing the thing to back that assertion up?

Someone wanna explain to me how the homing attack managed to show up in that trailer? (well, at least it was a good looking homing attack....)

Well, Sega is certainly taking a stab at mario kart (which did leave the door open with the horrendous rubber-band AI). As long as they learn from that series, and steal much of F-Zero, then this game should be great. Can't say I'm disappointed with a fun looking racing party game.

but I must stress, AVOID RIDICULOUS RUBBER-BANDING!!!

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Did anyone else see something blue fall off Sonic's car when he "crashed"?

Damage models are good on any racing game, but I imagine it would be a first on something like this.

Three things that would make me buy a 360 just for this game:

- Beat in a spraycan car

- Tokyo-to track

- Hidden character: FANG/NACK on his hoverbike!

FFFFFFUCK I JUST CREAMED MY PANTS. I want playable Ristar, Vectorman, Billy Hatcher, Amitie, Professor-K, Kireek, Opa-Opa as a vehicle, Kapu Kapu (though unless he used his feet to drive I can't see how this one would work XD), Wonderboy, Pepperauchau, Guthy, Dynamite Headdy, Chuck D. Head, Gunstar Red and fuckit with his farewell tour in 2 months may as well stick Jacko in there as well, though in his Moonwalker look rather than Space Michael from SC5. As for ToeJam and Earl, as much as I'd love it its very unlikely, Dreadknux said before that one of the head honchos at SEGA really despises them hence their games not appeared in Ultimate MegaDrive Collection, though whether thats true or not I have no idea XD. As for the game itself, I have high hopes for this, since we had obvious stages from the franchises in SST I hope for more obscure ones this time around, I'd love to race around Planet Ragol for example. Although I hope they keep the Bus Shelter section of Toyko-To (its Benton-Cho I *think*) if JSR makes it into the game, that place is really gorgeous in a gritty sort of way <3

Bus Shelter section of Toyko-To (its Benton-Cho I *think*)

Ah, you're thinking Shibuya Terminal, my friend! But Benten-cho (the dark city area) would also rock. Imagine a Benten subway track!

Edited by Doctor Eggman

I'm really not fond of racing games, but that trailer impressed the shit outta me. You never see anything like that with Mario, he's usually a lot more basic. Even before Sonic showed up, I was wowed! They may not do too top notch on Sonic's main games nowadays, but they do make decent sports games when it involves the entire Sega superstars.

I might just get this game. Even if I don't like the gameplay, the art blows my mind, and I usually don't buy games just for the art. (and if it's terrible to where I won't play it as much, hopefully there will be more images of the stages I can save.

...too bad folks are pissing themselves in a tantrum screaming "Why's Sonic in a car!" as if the answer wasn't obvious enough. Seriously, how does it just fly over people's heads like that? :huh:

Of course he needs a car! He's entered a Grand Prix! ---- feel free to copy and paste that when someone starts to moan.

Way ahead of ya...

The old school fan in me is just pumped for a quasi-sequel to Sonic Drift!

Damn, I want to go home and get out the Game Gear.

As for Sonic in a car complainers, good point above. He has to be in a vehicle as it's a rule of a race. It's like asking why swimmers don't do a forward stroke during a butterfly stroke race, cuz ya can't!

Edited by Doctor Eggman

It has Mario Kart Wii graphics. So they might tone the graphics ethier a TINY bit, or no change at all. Oh & WII WHEEL FTW!

I'm really not fond of racing games, but that trailer impressed the shit outta me. You never see anything like that with Mario, he's usually a lot more basic. Even before Sonic showed up, I was wowed! They may not do too top notch on Sonic's main games nowadays, but they do make decent sports games when it involves the entire Sega superstars.

Wasn't the trailer just like, a promotional CGI video?

The sure-ins that have not been confirmed are Shadow (wish I could say Knuckles, but he wasn't in Tennis which made me sad inside), NiGHTS, Crazy Taxi Guy (whats-his-name?), Beat, and the one from Golden Axe driving a giant... Golden Axe.

for those who don't know S0L is a Sumo Digital employee

Usual cheerful Neogaf bunch :)

Yes we've listened to the SST feedback - and I'm sure you'll be a lot happier with the character roster. Once we can talk about it that is. Providing the office doesn't burn down, it should make a showing on the E3 floor.

Yes, it's us Sumo doing it BTW :P

---

S0L

---

Seriously, why can't Sega show a little creativity with this game?

They could easily make a combination of Sonic R and Diddy Kong Racing, with Sonic on foot, Robotnik in his hovercraft, Tails in his plane, the monkey in a Monkey Ball, but instead they choose to do no creative thinking and just put them all in cars.

And they could easily do awesome little homages, like Ryo in his forklift or a Panzer Dragoon dragon or a Crazy Taxi, but YOU KNOW THEY WON'T.

Sega sucks.

And you know for sure that these things aren't in the game?

You might be in for a surprise :)

---

S0L

---

Dusk Golem: B.D. Joe?

...too bad folks are pissing themselves in a tantrum screaming "Why's Sonic in a car!" as if the answer wasn't obvious enough. Seriously, how does it just fly over people's heads like that? :huh:

Way ahead of ya...

You're missing the point of the complaint: "Why would Sega make a game such that Sonic would need to be in a car?" I also love how you make it sound like anyone who doesn't unquestionably accepts that it makes total sense for Sega to continue sticking Sonic in a car/ some other vehicle is automatically throwing a NERD RAGE. You also need to relize the amount of people who would love to see Sonic racing people in cars while he's on foot.

Honestly though, I'm more annoyed by the way Tails seems to be driving a plane on the ground. It flies in the trailer, but it's 100% CG so it counts for nothing. I'm also dissapointed this isn't running on the Hedgehog Engine.

And I want Joe Musashi on horseback.