Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Thank you Blur. Thank you.

Anyone else think it'd be cool to add OPA-OPA as a character? :3

OH SCIENCE YES.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing totally needs moar Fantasy Zone. The inclusion of Opa-Opa would add considerable amounts of awesome and win to this already rad game.

Come to think of it, the downloadable content for Sonic Adventure 2 featured Omochao driving an Opa-Opa kart.

If we are given the option (DLC or otherwise) to have Omochao pilot Opa-Opa, I will personally buy two copies of this game.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, SUMO DIGITAL.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aaaaand for all the Americanio's here who don't get the joke; the Sun is a British tabloid that basically makes up whatever the fuck it wants and prints it for the public to go 'OMMMG I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING, LIFE IS SOOO HARD'

Thank you XP.

Anyway, If we do get TJ and Earl, I hope we get the original designs! Long live Polkadot Shorts! :3

toejam_and_earl.gif

But if they are DLC, don't they already have to be in the game? Like the DLC is only a unlocker?

ONM claim to have posted the first Wii trailer on their site:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=13115

However, the trailer is pretty poor quality so I can't really tell if it's the Wii version or not... it looks very similar to an earlier 360/PS3 trailer we've seen, so either ONM have uploaded the wrong trailer or the Wii version looks very very good.

EDIT: I've just realised that the trailer does in fact only display the Wii and DS logos at the end, meaning it MUST be a Wii trailer. Meaning the Wii version is looking pretty damn sweet.

Here's hoping for a higher quality version of the trailer soon!

Edited by MK Skillz

"Pretty damn sweet" is an UNDERSTATEMENT. The game, in-action, could actually look as good as Super Mario Galaxy. Hell, the footage more or less looks almost like the HD versions, though the footage is admittedly low-quality.

Edited by The Sniper
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It's funny how quickly I've gone from total apathy about this game to being very interested. Maybe it's just the lack of other news, but it's looking very good. Er, the quality of the video considered, of course.

I still don't think we've heard anything about the DS version. Shame.

That's just the PS3/360 version. It's hard to tell because of the video quality.

That's what I thought at first, but if you watch to the end of the trailer it quite clearly only states Wii and DS as the formats, making it a Wii-specific trailer.

LOL

either SEGA screwed up or is intentionally fooling Wii owners, thats the exact same as this trailer, except with a few logos removed

I like seeing certain people here get all excited about it, the ones that say graphics don't matter.

Edited by ShadiWulf

FFFFFFFF-

Decent resolution makes that pretty painfully obvious. I'm not so much annoyed by the shamelessness of it as I am by the fact that this means we still haven't seen the Wii version in motion yet. :(

Oh come on, I can't to believe anyone actually believed that was the Wii version. I mean even with the low resolution it was pretty obvious it was the HD version. Almost as bad as the people who thought those original leaked Sonic Unleashed video and screens might actually be the Wii version.

Also ONM..... :lol:

Edited by speedfreak

Did any of you see the shitstorm over at the Official SEGA Forums?

Hey Shadi, ask Daniele92 and FreshFromFunk-O-Tron1992 for the emails and post them over at the GAF (make sure to give them credit; because that's probably why they did it in the first place). It was stupid of them to have posted it over at the official FREAKING forums like that. Also post what S0L said.

Did any of you see the shitstorm over at the Official SEGA Forums?

Hey Shadi, ask Daniele92 and FreshFromFunk-O-Tron1992 for the emails and post them over at the GAF (make sure to give them credit; because that's probably why they did it in the first place). It was stupid of them to have posted it over at the official FREAKING forums like that. Also post what S0L said.

No, it's best it stays silent. How about everyone just leaves S0L alone now and lets him concentrate on the game.

Edited by ShadiWulf

But if they are DLC, don't they already have to be in the game? Like the DLC is only a unlocker?

You're a little confused. Sometimes, developers make you pay for stuff that's already on the disk, as was the case with 06. All you downloaded was a simple piece of code which unlocked some content. In most cases, like say Guitar Hero and Unleashed then you're actually downloading real content.

No, it's best it stays silent. How about everyone just leaves S0L alone now and lets him concentrate on the game.

I've just seen the topic over at the SEGA Forums and I don't see why the information can't be posted here, I sincerly doubt it'll cause 'negativety' like NMS seems to think it will, we're a fair bit more mature here than the average SEGA Forum user.

I've just seen the topic over at the SEGA Forums and I don't see why the information can't be posted here, I sincerly doubt it'll cause 'negativety' like NMS seems to think it will, we're a fair bit more mature here than the average SEGA Forum user.

I don't care, its caused S0L to be less open with the fans, that's depressing. Plus, I didn't save the e-mails, they are private and shouldn't be spread around. The last place the Emails need to appear is TSSZ News.

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=5360352&postcount=9

Now then.

As to if the information in that email is true or not - is for me to know and you to find out when the game gets released

I suspected it would show up on the forums though so planned accordingly - and whilst it wasn't pleasant for me to be proved right, it shows everyone quite why you don't usually get any dialogue going with developers.

Lets just say for a moment that I put something in there that was truly controversial. Something that Sega really didn't want to be discussed or announced.

Best case would be that I got a serious telling off, slightly worse I could actually lose my job over it. There's been cases in the past where a developer never ever worked with a publisher again due to leaks. There has to be trust there for us to be allowed to go into the forums, and that trust is hard to earn, and extremely easy to lose.

This is why it's difficult for me to discuss anything that isn't public knowledge about the game - as we are under NDA.

So it has reminded me very much of the dangers. It also means I'll have to pull back what I do in support of the fans, which is a shame really. I've had some very pleasant conversations in private with a number of folk, most of whom actually show some respect in keeping those conversations between us - in the spirit in which they were sent.

For example, I've had a mail from a guy whose desire was to have someone at Sega hear his song. I made that happen. We've also done some game tweaks based on feedback, got some cameo's in. We've gone and got some music that wouldn't have been in.

We pride ourselves on being open when we can, and trying to support you the fans as much as we can. In return all we ask is you don't go stirring up trouble for us!

Bear this in mind whenever you see leaked info. Especially as when it comes to us, we're very, very careful about what is said. I've seen a number of rumoured leaks that are really completely false in the last few days too - but of course, I'm not putting anyone straight now :P

---

S0L

---

Edited by ShadiWulf

^ If that's the case, maybe it's best it stay silent. S0L was cool with us up until now, I agree it'd be sad to lose that contact. It shouldn't be dangerous to be casual with fans, but I guess we're a rabid bunch at the end of the day.

The last place the Emails need to appear is TSSZ News.

Heh, a quick Google search reveals that TSSZ has already done an article on this, albeit minus the emails of course. Still, you can't go conversing with fans one on one, accidently reveal something, then try to cover it up.

God damnit....I've already seen the 360/PS3 version enough. Now, show us the Wii & DS version please. They've had, ike, 7 trailers for the HD versions. I think thats a little much TBH.

I'm Daniele92 guys. Steve told me to not reveal anything. Anyway the info I have aren't compromising, and they refers about details that we already know about the game.

at the beginning I thought to do a good thing to reveal the email, because I've seen the same thing happened before about ToeJam and Earl on SEGA forum. Then Steve told me not to publish around his email, and I just did what he wants.

I want to underline that these info aren't anything special, you don't have to worry about anything. Steve didn't reveal anything new.

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

It looks to me as thought the difference between the PS360 version and the Wii versions are relatively limited. The Wii version appears to be using polygonal shadows, slightly lower poly cars, and reduced detail on the foliage. The HD versions have real time shadowing (which allows for self shadowing), more detailed cars, and more detailed foliage, perhaps using speed tree.

Oh wait, I forgot the reflections. The ones on the HD version appear to be real time, the Wii version is using specular maps.

Edit: OK, who voted me down for stating facts? I'm not terribly concerned with ratings, but seriously?

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 1