Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

See that's my point exactly, i bet you all expected Knuckles to be in the last game. He's an important character isn't he? But he wasn't.

I bet there were a bunch of Knuckles fans holding out for him to make an appearance at the last minute as a playable character.

You guys might not know me very well but I'm the head of the entire online NiGHTS fandom. When i get worried about something you should wonder why.

I don't think NiGHTS is going to be revealed and even if there's no doubt in your head that NiGHTS will be included, do me a favour and say if you'd LIKE NiGHTS to be in this game regardless.

I like the cross fanbase friendly competition to be honest, if NiGHTS isn't there then it only further alienates the NiGHTS fanbase from the SEGA community as a whole. And that deeply bothers me.

I like Nights, and I like to see his Allstar move being him turning him into Rocket Nights from JOD. But what did you warn about by JOD? D=

I really really doubt NiGHTS is not in it. NiGHTS is besides sonic the most popular sonic team character, they always consider him/her/it from the start! dont worry! but I guess some e-mails cant hurt.

NiGHTS would be the second with a flying/hovering gear. I would actually love if he transformed in his dragon forme for the all-star move, it would be truly EPIC!

I think I'd rather forget NiGHTS after that abysmal second game.

Regardless, in hope you guys will get your wishes I emailed the message off too. I do think NiGHTS will still be included in the game, I think Travis and Steve just enjoy pulling the fan bases legs. If it's not in it, it's not the end of the world, NiGHTS has been in plenty of spin-off titles, even Sonic Riders.

And Ristar I want in. People should do an e-mail thing for him!

Please don't. As much as I really want to see Ristar in the game, I feel sorry for these poor devs. It's just going to turn into "I wish to see x in the game, let's all email SEGA!"

vvv Bit of a harsh way to put it, isn't that? But yeah, it's bound to be in. vvv

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 1

You guys are going mad. How can you say that NiGTHS won't be in the game? He is one of the most important and iconic SEGA char,and has a recent game for the Wii. Beat and Ulala don't have it, and they are in ASR. Amigo an Aiai have a Wii apereance, and they're in the game too.

NIGHTS is the SEGA charcter with most appereances in SEGA games. Just shut up and waste your time better

Exactly, i wouldn't say something so stupid, because i feel the same way you do.

So why am i?

Isn't that a bit... uh odd?

Thanks to those of you showing some support :)

Regardless, in hope you guys will get your wishes I emailed the message off too. I do think NiGHTS will still be included in the game, I think Travis and Steve just enjoy pulling the fan bases legs. If it's not in it, it's not the end of the world, NiGHTS has been in plenty of spin-off titles, even Sonic Riders.

Thank you for e-mailing in with your support even if you didn't feel it was needed. Nothing here is going to waste, no-one is losing anything for giving it a shot.

The main point here, is that if NiGHTS isn't in one of the only games that celebrates all things SEGA (and is almost solely about fanservice), then you might as well say goodbye to him as a franchise altogether. Say bye to one of SonicTeams most original creations.

We very very very strongly believe (not without reason) that NiGHTS is not in this game, probably due to the poor sales of JoD. It sounds as if someone up high has decided to give up on the franchise, and call it a day.

Would you agree with me that NiGHTS has more fans than Beat, or Amigo or frickin Big the frickin Cat?

NIGHTS is the SEGA charcter with most appereances in SEGA games. Just shut up and waste your time better

Name the last game you seen NiGHTS in. Superstars Tennis, a very different kind of game. After his JoD appearence, his cameos has stopped completely. It used to be you couldn't walk two feet in a Sonic Game without NiGHTS turning up. Last Sonic game with NiGHTS cameo in it ? Shadow the Hedgehog. Someone isn't too happy with the way JoD performed (even thought it was mainly their fault anyway) and is trying to cut their losses.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I recall, wasn't NiGHTS essentially confirmed/leaked right along with Ulala? They were revealed/hinted at in similar ways. NiGHTS was mentioned before we even heard about Ryo being in the game. Actually, wasn't it at Summer of Sonic?

OK, listen NiGHTS fans

I am sure NiGHTS is in. I THINK the reason they haven't shown him in yet is the same reason they haven't officially confirmed Ulala. Ulala was leaked through Nintendo Power, but she was a shoe-in as well. Ulala and NiGHTS appear in like, every single one of these compilations. The reason I don't think they're revealed yet is because the developers are waiting to show them with their stages. Think about it, with NiGHTS and Space Channel 5's creative locations, they are probably waiting to reveal NiGHTS with a stage. Hell, if they really wanted too maybe their stage is based on Christmas NiGHTS and like the Halloween trailer they are waiting until Christmas.

Point is, Ulala wouldn't have been confirmed by now either if it wasn't by Nintendo Power's slip. I am almost 100% sure they reason they are holding off the announcement is because of the stage the characters are based off of.

As I recall, wasn't NiGHTS essentially confirmed/leaked right along with Ulala? They were revealed/hinted at in similar ways. NiGHTS was mentioned before we even heard about Ryo being in the game. Actually, wasn't it at Summer of Sonic?

This needs to be made clear. NiGHTS has never been confirmed, ever.

TRiPPY, DiGi and I attended Summer of Sonic on behalf of the NiGHTS fanbase. Shortly before SoS, the NiGHTS fanbase went on an e-mail frenzy to Sumo Digital asking for our favourite character. It was a simple show of support. Needless to say, alot of people heard about it (Iizuka heard about it we hear too).

We met up with Sumo at SoS to semi-aplogise for the e-mails (it kinda hit their sever hard) and they were really very nice about it. We joked and laughed all through the convention. At the panel, we shouted out some shit, they shouted out back to us, it was a barrel of laughs. But that was it, no-one confirmed shit, just people mis-understanding what went down.

This needs to be made clear. NiGHTS has never been confirmed, ever.

TRiPPY, DiGi and I attended Summer of Sonic on behalf of the NiGHTS fanbase. Shortly before SoS, the NiGHTS fanbase went on an e-mail frenzy to Sumo Digital asking for our favourite character. It was a simple show of support. Needless to say, alot of people heard about it (Iizuka heard about it we hear too).

We met up with Sumo at SoS to semi-aplogise for the e-mails (it kinda hit their sever hard) and they were really very nice about it. We joked and laughed all through the convention. At the panel, we shouted out some shit, they shouted out back to us, it was a barrel of laughs. But that was it, no-one confirmed shit, just people mis-understanding what went down.

I understand but I would not worry about it. NiGHTS inclusion is highly likely. The guys at SUMO are smart, they are good at pleasing fans, and are more than aware there is a huge NiGHTS fanbase out there. I'm expecting them somewhere down before February-March to show a trailer revealing NiGHTS with NiGHTS stage, because the NiGHTS locales are so unique and fun and creative, and now imagine a NiGHTS stage powered by 360 and PS3 visuals, it'll look beautiful probably, and I think they know the stage is beautiful so they are waiting to show it. I think it's the same for Ulala and Space Channel 5 because Space Channel 5's areas are visually interesting too.

NiGHTS has cameoed more than any character in Sonic games. Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Shuffle. I don't think they are just going to pull NiGHTS out now. Knuckles wasn't in each of these SEGA All-Stars/Superstars titles. NiGHTS was. Back to when the series was on the PS2 with that webeye thing to Superstars Tennis, and I am telling you NiGHTS will be here too. I think the order they are revealing the characters is just a bit odd, but not particurly in a bad way. If I'm wrong, I'll take back all I said, but I'm almost 100% sure I am not.

Would you agree with me that NiGHTS has more fans than Beat, or Amigo or frickin Big the frickin Cat?

I believe it was Travis that picked Big the Cat to be in the game simply because he liked the character. I think it's all up to the lead developers to pick who's in or not, and then it's simply a case of asking SEGA for permission. I doubt Sumo Digital would leave all you NiGHTS fans in the dark after all the times they've mentioned the NiGHTS forum (and especially since their demo kiosk at Summer of Sonic had a massive cardboard NiGHTS cut-out right next to it!)

Your theory of JoD having poor sales might be correct mind you, but in my opinion it deserved that anyway. I'm sure Sumo would do all they could to get NiGHTS in the game if they wanted, what more can you ask for?

Edited by bolt7

I believe it was Travis that picked Big the Cat to be in the game simply because he liked the character. I think it's all up to the lead developers to pick who's in or not, and then it's simply a case of asking SEGA for permission. I doubt Sumo Digital would leave all you NiGHTS fans in the dark after all the times they've mentioned the NiGHTS forum (and especially since their demo kiosk at Summer of Sonic had a massive cardboard NiGHTS cut-out right next to it!)

Your theory of JoD having poor sales might be correct mind you, but in my opinion it deserved that anyway. I'm sure Sumo would do all they could to get NiGHTS in the game if they wanted, what more can you ask for?

I believe you have it wrong. Big is in the game because the guys up at SEGA Japan told them so. No reason, other than they think Big is awesome.

Of course Sumo will have had some ideas for characters they'd like in, but if SEGA say they want a certain one in, or a certain one out, then they have no further say in the matter. It's entirley up to SEGA who is in and who is not. I'm certain Sumo aren't the ones holding back on NiGHTS.

As for the cut-out, that was AAUK doing it for us lol.

Edited by Jof

You know I'm a big Sonic fan, but I'm a little ashamed to admit I never really got into any other Sega series. Mostly because I just never got a chance to try a lot of the other characters games. I guess what I'm trying to say is at this point I personally don't really mind who is playable and who isn't. I'm just looking forward to another fun, high quality, mascot racing game. We really could use more then just Mario Kart. I do understand how those of you who are big Sega character fans feel about your favorite character making the cut though. Most likely the same way I felt when Brawl was being developed. :lol:

Name the last game you seen NiGHTS in. Superstars Tennis, a very different kind of game. After his JoD appearence, his cameos has stopped completely. It used to be you couldn't walk two feet in a Sonic Game without NiGHTS turning up. Last Sonic game with NiGHTS cameo in it ? Shadow the Hedgehog.

Not true. NiGHTS has appeared in Sonic Riders and Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (the latter of which was released after Journey of Dreams).

I believe you have it wrong. Big is in the game because the guys up at SEGA Japan told them so. No reason, other than they think Big is awesome.

How do you know that? Did S0L specifically said so, or is it just an assumption? Be careful, Big is more popular than you may think (just check this thread for example).

How do you know that? Did S0L specifically said so, or is it just an assumption? Be careful, Big is more popular than you may think (just check this thread for example).

If memory serves me right, in one of the interviews with one of the devs, it mentions that he added Big since he liked the character. I'd link to said interview, but I forgot where I read it. I'm sure someone here will link it.

Of course Sumo will have had some ideas for characters they'd like in, but if SEGA say they want a certain one in, or a certain one out, then they have no further say in the matter. It's entirley up to SEGA who is in and who is not. I'm certain Sumo aren't the ones holding back on NiGHTS.

As for the cut-out, that was AAUK doing it for us lol.

Ah fair enough. I might not be 100% sure but I thought Travis told me he put Big in because he loved him and it'd be comical to have him on that tiny bike. Did think maybe either you guys or AAUK put that there for a laugh though. XD

NiGHTS is also the only one who appered in both Sonic Riders games. Shenmue also sees NiGHTS as capsule toy. NiGHTS is always hinted everywhere. Christmas NiGHTS is the very first game where Sonic went 3D. NiGHTS is just a symbol for SEGA. Stop these doubts

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

NiGHTS is also the only one who appered in both Sonic Riders games. Shenmue also sees NiGHTS as capsule toy. NiGHTS is always hinted everywhere. Christmas NiGHTS is the very first game where Sonic went 3D. NiGHTS is just a symbol for SEGA. Stop these doubts

Ok, you've got me with the Riders games, I forgot about them, but still, that was around the same time as JoD. He was probably in it for the same reason he was in Superstars Tennis.

And they aren't just doubts, we, the most knowledgable people on the web about the NiGHTS franchise, firmly believe NiGHTS is not in this game.

Would it kill some of you to just lend a hand for 5 measly minutes? We aren't exactly worlds apart as communities.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This is why I hate fanbases. We forget that developers are people, and whine at every chance we get. Sometimes people fuck up, but most of the time, they're just doing their job and it's not good enough for you.

Enjoy the game for what it is- the presence of one character won't make any difference to the overall quality. Big deal if NiGHTS isn't in it. Being a staple in the SEGA Superstar series, he's probably in anyway.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This is why I hate fanbases. We forget that developers are people, and whine at every chance we get. Sometimes people fuck up, but most of the time, they're just doing their job and it's not good enough for you.

Enjoy the game for what it is- the presence of one character won't make any difference to the overall quality. Big deal if NiGHTS isn't in it. Being a staple in the SEGA Superstar series, he's probably in anyway.

This isn't about Sumo. I have nothing but the utmost respect for them. This is about SEGA and the fact that after all the bullshit they gave us about Journey of Dreams being for the fans, and due to fan demand, they decide to do this shit and decide that no, NiGHTS is now dead. Sure people are just doing thier jobs, I have nothing against that. But it seems that someone, somewhere up the line has told them that NiGHTS shouldn't be in this game, and that's the person we're trying to hit back at.

And of course it won't affect the game. This is about much more than just this game. We are at a crucial point in losing NiGHTS as a frachise forever.

• Bad Quality Post 2

No... this is fans overreacting to something they actually don't know about.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

No... this is fans overreacting to something they actually don't know about.

I'm glad you know more than us, really.

No, you think this is fans overreacting to something they actually don't know anything about.

We very strongly believe, without a shadow of a doubt that NiGHTS isn't due to appear.

Edited by Jof

NiGHTs has appeared in some form in like, every Sonic game before Sonic Unleashed (And probably other SEGA titles as well), was in every SEGA Superstars game before this one, somewhat recently got a sequel, and is like, the 2nd most popular SEGA franchise next to Sonic. He's in the game.