Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

I'm glad you know more than us, really.

No, you think this is fans overreacting to something they actually don't know anything about.

We very strongly believe, without a shadow of a doubt that NiGHTS isn't due to appear.

I don't understand why. NiGHTS had two appearances last year, and there was no calling for one this year. WHY do you think that SEGA have pulled the plug? We currently know of 14 (15 counting Ulala) characters in the game. Seven of those of those are Sonic characters, and it's been confirmed that it's only those seven. And IIRC, there's supposed to be atleast twenty.

Edited by Blue Blood

NiGHTs has appeared in some form in like, every Sonic game before Sonic Unleashed (And probably other SEGA titles as well), was in every SEGA Superstars game before this one, somewhat recently got a sequel, and is like, the 2nd most popular SEGA franchise next to Sonic. He's in the game.

You know, I hadn't thought of it that way. I had absolutely no idea.

I guess everything I've had to say up until this point was done without realising any of that. Not that I'd previously covered those points or anything.

Look, I really don't want to get into arguments here, I really am here for the best intentions, and I apologise if I'm rubbing off a bit rude. We're simply one fandom asking another for a bit of help, not to be bitten in the arse by folk who don't understand the things we do. A couple of e-mails, will take, what, 5 minutes? About the same time it takes to try and write witty responses.

Actually, Jof, has Sumo perhaps told you something they haven't told anyone else? If the NiD fan base is that certain NiGHTS isn't going to be in it, maybe someone from Sumo Digital contacted them privately.

Not trying to get at anyone here, but in my opinion I think people should stop bitching at Jof and carry on. If you want to see NiGHTS in the game then give them an email, like he said it'd only take 1-2 minutes at the most. If you're not really that bothered whether NiGHTS gets in or not, just ignore it. Not saying you should do what I say, but just some advice on what I think would be best about the matter. It doesn't really bother me if NiGHTS is in or not and I seriously doubt emailing SEGA is going to fix this, but it's not like anyone is doing any great wrong here.

To be honest, I think the devs have been giving way too many 'hints' and spoilers for this game already. It's nice S0L and co come on all of these forums to be involved with the fans, but from what I've seen they've been giving no end of hints that are just working people up.

Thank you Bolt, that's the first kind reply I've had on the internet in the past day or so =P. This thing is stressing us all out over at NiD.com, so I apologise for my bluntness earlier.

I'm conflicted. Of course I'll help because I loved NiGHTS Into Dreams and still somewhat enjoyed Journey of Dreams, but then I have no reason to doubt thst NiGHTS will not be in this. If there is something that the NiGHTS fanbase is so worried about, some news we have not heard that would help. Because the reason. "NiGHTS hasn't been revealed yet and thus without a shadow of a doubt NiGHTS obviously isn't in." doesn't make sense to me. I can understand worrying but you guys say it with such force as if this is written in stone when as I said unless you know something we don't I see no reason for NiGHTS to not be in this. In fact, everything points to NiGHTS being in, besides NiGHTS not being revealed yet.

The "Not revealed yet" excuse runs even thinner when the other shoe-in character Ulala would not have been confirmed yet either if it was not for Nintendo Power's mentioning. The reason I am so uphand about this is because this reminds me of so many instances like Sonic games, Brawl, etc where people doubt a character's existence based on time. People doubted Ness, Luigi, Marth, Jigglypuff, and so many other characters were in because they weren't revealed for a long while until close to release. It's just, unless there is something we are not aware about, we don't see any reason NiGHTS wouldn't be in this, partly because NiGHTS already plays a big part of the Sonic series as it is and frequently appears.

Hell, NiGHTS appears in more Sonic games than a lot of actual Sonic character do. Also NiGHTS is a Sonic Team character, I mean they let them use a bunch of Sonic characters, I don't think they wouldn't let them use NiGHTS.

Edited by Dusk the Crypt Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 2

So... you guys were told by Steve that NiGHTS isn't going to be in this game via a personal email? Figures. It ticked people off about Vectorman, too.

Edited by NinMicroSega
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I honesty don't see why the NiGHTS fanbase could even believe that the series isn't going to be represented in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. There's the problem that NiGHTS has pivotal roles in both previous Sega Superstars games.

Sega Superstars/Sega Superstars Eyetoy

NiGHTS is one of the few series even featured in this game. The minigame is unlocked straight from the get-go, and even has some unlockable modes to play with. He's also the third character featured in the intro.

Sega Superstars Tennis

There is a ton of stuff from the NiGHTS series represented in this game. For starters, NiGHTS is unlocked straight from the get-go, and is the fifth character featured in the opening movie (Keep in mind that Sonic and Eggman aren't introduced until the very end). There are also two playable characters, a stage, and a buncha cruncha songs. The Puyo Puyo minigame also takes place in Nightopia.

tl;dr - the Sonic the Hedgehog, Samba de Amigo, ChuChu Rocket!, Puyo Puyo, Super Monkey Ball, NiGHTS, The House of the Dead, and Space Channel 5 series have appeared in every single Sega Superstars game since the debut of the series. There is no way that NiGHTS is not going to be re-included.

And this is not coming from the perspective of a Sonic the Hedgehog fan. This is coming from the perspective of a Sega Superstars fan. I am a fanatic of the series, and NiGHTS is one of the mainstays. A Sega Superstars game without NiGHTS would be like a Super Smash Bros. game without Ness. It doesn't need to be confirmed - you just know they're going to be included.

That's not even a good example...NiGHTS hasn't even been a "locked character". NiGHTS has always been one of the starters. Always.

Edited by HunterTSF

EDIT: Oops, this was intended to be an addition to my previous post. Oh well.

I believe you have it wrong. Big is in the game because the guys up at SEGA Japan told them so. No reason, other than they think Big is awesome.

And this is just silly. Sega Japan isn't all that fond of Big. He's been around for over 10 years, and has had a mere 15 appearances. Compare that to Silver the Hedgehog, who has only been around for 3 years... and already has made 10 appearances. He's one of the most neglected characters in the series, and has been confined to non-playable cameo appearances ever since the release of Sonic Heroes in 2003. NiGHTS has also appeared in 19 games - four more than Big's 15.

Speaking of which, out of Big's 15 appearances, only 7 of them have been in games developed by the Japanese division of Sonic Team. And only two of them have been important to the game's overall plot. So yeah.

Edited by HunterTSF

NiGHTS hasn't made a cameo in any game that would have started development after the release of JoD. That's what matters here.

JoD was released less than two years ago; how many games that we know of have been started after that?

So... you guys were told by Steve that NiGHTS isn't going to be in this game via a personal email? Figures. It ticked people off about Vectorman, too.

Firstly, you. Shut the hell up and stop speculating. I have never said anything of the sort. You're partly responsible for the whole drama on Vectorman too so you'd do well to shutting your mouth and not spreading personal theories like that. I don't think you understand that saying stuff like this, even when they're not even true, has the greatest potential to get people fired and end up in court. Name dropping people who might not even have anything to do with it could cause a lot of problems for not just them but YOU. So watch what you're saying.

Now that's out of the way, Sonic Stadium Message Board, let me introduce myself.

I'm DiGi Valentine, co-admin of the NiGHTS fanbase. Chances are most of you don't know me so get to know me real quick with what i'm about to say.

Being co-admin to the only active community for NiGHTS on this scale i find myself having to carry a lot of responsibility and there's a lot of levels of legitimacy i need to uphold.

I would not be the kind of person you would see online running little rumours around the web just for kicks. Things like that damage you and your websites reputation. And seeing as our one site is the centre for the entire NiGHTS fanbase i have to be 100% sure on what i'm saying online and offline because running fantasies and false truths as 'fact' is something i can never do. Understand my position and understand what i am saying here regarding this.

Now, with that in the back of your minds i am here to raise awareness to any and all NiGHTS fans who come here.

I don't believe NiGHTS is in ASR. I need people to trust me on this. Someone in my position and responsibility would not be coming here saying this if it was only even 99% truth. I strongly believe NiGHTS is not in ASR and the fans for NiGHTS need the right to fight for him to appear, which is why i've begun this campaign.

DLC discussions seem to be happening right now at SEGA regarding ASR so if us NiGHTS fans want to see NiGHTS it seems this time we may have to be fighting for him.

I've been called 'paranoid', been told i'm 'over reacting', many people have said "NiGHTS is expected", and none of this means anything to me because they're not in the position i'm currently in and should they come to understand why i'm even bothering to do this then they'll realise i'm not messing around.

I would certainly not have started this campaign at all unless there was a reason for concern. And there is.

So, i ask all of you to personaly trust me with what i am telling you here. I would not lie about NiGHTS. I did not spend all these years working for the NiGHTS fanbase just to give way to telling elaborate fairy tales.

In closing, please. If you have ever liked NiGHTS or cared much for the character then please show your support and request NiGHTS for DLC. And i thank you for your time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Right guys, let me ask you this.

Say there was a new Superstars game coming out, and all of a sudden one day Dreadknux told you that he believes Sonic won't be in it, and that you need to show your support to SEGA to make them change thier minds.

I sincerely doubt any of you would question him, you'd flock like sheep to his aid, and so would I, as a member of a neighbouring community.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've already sent off my email just to be sure, but I'm still confused as to what you're basing this theory off of. As much as I hate to say it, telling us you're sure NiGHTS isn't in but not telling us why you think he isn't clearly isn't enough to get the internet on your side =/

And as for Sumo contacting us, that's bollocks, i wish they WOULD, regarding our recent fears. Because after the happy way we were treated at Summer of Sonic i feel like more and more I had my hopes raised for nothing. Neither SEGA or Sumo have contacted me. This is from our own observations. I don't think theyre holding out on me, i think they either know they (EDIT – Inflammatory -T)ed up or nobody wants to be the person to tell us and let us down.

When Ulala gets revealed and the next character and so on and so on, you'll all begin to understand wtf is going on. In the same kinda way that you all laughed at that Wentos guy :P

I mean really, Sonic as a Werewolf? I'm sure a lot of you rolled your eyes.

Thank you to everyone who has leant a hand.

I'd do it for you guys too.

I done it for Shenmue and i done it for TJ&E. I would do it for Sonic.

Edited by TRiPPY

Say there was a new Superstars game coming out, and all of a sudden one day Dreadknux told you that he believes Sonic won't be in it, and that you need to show your support to SEGA to make them change thier minds.

Honestly, I'd be happy to take a break from Sonic and have purely other SEGA franchises. I think the main point here I'm picking up is that if SEGA do start to forget about NiGHTS then the series as a whole could disappear. It's quite thin as it is with only two major games and it'd be disappointing if we hear nothing more of the series again, like wasted potential.

And as for Sumo contacting us, that's bollocks, i wish they WOULD, regarding our recent fears. Because after the happy way we were treated at Summer of Sonic i feel like more and more I had my hopes raised for nothing.

I don't think they should contact you. I don't think they should contact anyone about anything. Their job is to make the game, not to give all its secrets away before release. Travis and Steve are massive SEGA nuts, they're bound to at least do a half-decent job at worst. I trust them with the franchises, I mean heck, they've even managed to get bloody Ryo in!

• Thumbs Up 1

telling us you're sure NiGHTS isn't in but not telling us why you think he isn't clearly isn't enough to get the internet on your side =/

Believe me, i know this. But again the position i'm in is awkward so the only thing i can offer people in terms of legitimacy is that if you know who i am you'd know i'm very unlikely to be doing this without good reason. So i just really need people to trust me on this. It's hard gaining trust when people don't know you or how you work but i swear this is a cause for concern.

I promise this community here i would not ask for help unless it was needed, because i don't particularly want to cause trouble for anybody but this is a situation i can't sit and watch go on.

Truesay, i like secrets too, but the more this goes on it just feels like our fanbase has been played :(

What was the reasoning behind Knuckles not being playable in SST anyway?

Hmn... Well I may not believe you or the reasoning, but I do have respect for the NiGHTS community and love the characters NiGHTS itself. I run a group of 40 voice actors as the leader and I'm very close with all of them, so I can guarantee you today and the next few days there will be 40 more emails. I also can pull my weight a little bit, you guys are obviously set to this so I can probably pull more than that and get in hopes around 100 or more emails contributed, if I try, and for being rough on you guys I will. Might as well since there is nothing to loose, but just to let you know I still think NiGHTS is in this.

Or maybe some other NiGHTS character? *shrugs*

EDITED BECAUSE: I can also pull off my fanboys and girls, so that might add a few.

Dusk, thank you. I recognise it's a lot to believe but i honestly HONESTLY would not lie about stuff like this, especially when it's for the greater good in regard to NiGHTS. Part of my life has become dedicated to serving this character and there's no way i would lie in regards to anything involving him.

If you even get half of those friends of yours to support the campaign, it is greatly needed and apreciated, so thank you SO much for the help you're providing.

Edited by DiGi Valentine

Brilliant thankyou! Madprops to you <3

And I'm outta here~

Thank you for reading our worries guys, even if you might not agree with them. Respect to you all.

xx

TRiP

Dusk, thank you. I recognise it's a lot to believe but i honestly HONESTLY would not lie about stuff like this, especially when it's for the greater good in regard to NiGHTS. Part of my life has become dedicated to serving this character and there's no way i would lie in regards to anything involving him.

If you even get half of those friends of yours the support the campaign, it is greatly needed and apreciated, so thank you SO much for the help you're providing.

I can help, believe me when I say one of the things I'm particularly good at is drawing hype at something if I think it deserves it, might as well help. I would love to have NiGHTS in the game and a stage, but if there really is no stage I can still help, I'll do a few things that will get a few to help. Believe me when I say I also understand stress of making people listen, so I'll give support based on trust, even if I still don't think it's true.

If you are an influencial person, Dusk, then make people understand that as of right now NiGHTS does not look to be in ASR and we need to make SEGA aware that if it came to DLC we would support that move.

The game is near completion and it's way too late to add any new characters in to the main game. DLC really is a last hope and it's all the NiGHTS fans have got going for them. I'm trying so hard for NiGHTS' fans but there is only so much i can do with the position i'm currently standing in. Your help will really make a great deal.

Thank you.

It is useless to continue this discussion. the first Sonic Riders went before JOD, so don't talk about it anymore.

NiGHTS is a true SEGA star, and his appereances proved it. SUMO has not show him yet because they want to make a big surprise with his stage (same thing for Ulala maybe).

stop doing usless syllogisms. NiGHTS is OBVIOUS in this game. SEGA and SUMO wants naturally to sell well with this game, so they have to use some popular characters. the 7 Sonic's, Aiai, Amigo and NiGHTS are the most famous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVlDj2UDpts

Did my first part to help, made an announcement video on my Sonic Unleashed account a lot more accounts to go. That's a potential 5,000 people right there depending how many look of my subscribers... In need to talk to the people I work with too.

I won't derail this much off topic. I will do the rest without mentioning it. Anyways, would like to see NiGHTS in this, hope I can help somehow.

It is useless to continue this discussion. the first Sonic Riders went before JOD, so don't talk about it anymore.

NiGHTS is a true SEGA star, and his appereances proved it. SUMO has not show him yet because they want to make a big surprise with his stage (same thing for Ulala maybe).

stop doing usless syllogisms. NiGHTS is OBVIOUS in this game. SEGA and SUMO wants naturally to sell well with this game, so they have to use some popular characters. the 7 Sonic's, Aiai, Amigo and NiGHTS are the most famous.

Considering the folks over at NiD knew about JoD a good while before it was announced I think that alone is reason enough to take what they say seriously. They're only trying to ensure that a cult SEGA franchise disappears forever, if you don't like it, ignor it. Even if its supposedly obvious it doesn't hurt to take some extra precautions.