Awoo.

Digimon - Digital Monsters

Soniman

Never cared about the anime shows, I remember playing the shit out of Digimon World 3/2003 when I was younger, and playing through Digimon World Dawn a few years after, right now I'm going through the original Digimon World, It's decent.

Not quite. Remember Kamina facing down that huge mecha with a katana at the beginning of the series? According to Word of God, had Yoko not shown up, Kamina would have won that showdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact he was using a sword as opposed to his bare fists *makes* him a pansy compared to Masaru. :P

The fact he was using a sword as opposed to his bare fists *makes* him a pansy compared to Masaru. tongue.png

They're both pussies compared to Simon anyway, let's see Kamna or Marcus invent teleporation with the intention of punching someone in the face, or create a mecha the size of the fucking universe with nothing but pure testosterone powering it.

So yeah, so I guess it's a tie between Frontier and Xros Wars: Hunters for worse season huh? I read about Xros wars, it doesn't look like a bad series, it just seems massively different from the previous ones. Oh, and am I the only one who gets weirded out by the Japanese version? I mean, it may be because I grew up on the Dub, but the voices just don't fit in Japanese, I mean I know that the average age for the cast is between 12-14, and that Japan does tend to use woman voices to voice young men, but it just doesn't work, it's like watching adult Goku in Subbed DBZ. Maybe it's the artstyle, I mean it makes the cast look about 3 years older than they actually are.

• Thumbs Up 2

Masaru blocks the sharp edge of a blade the size of a building with his bare fist, punches a god in the face and smashes them to pieces; your argument is invalid. :P

And Xros Wars Hunters is by far a much worse series than Frontier, sadly.

Also, the average age for a Digimon kid is more like 10-12 rather than 12-14. The latter are the minority rather than the norm.

Edited by -Mark-

And Xros Wars Hunters is by far a much worse series than Frontier, sadly.

That's impossible. Frontier (season 4) was a disaster and disgrace to the series. How can Xros wars be any worse than that?

Xros Wars Hunters, not Xros Wars itself. The first Xros Wars was either on par with or slightly better than Frontier, in my opinion.

Almost every single episode is filler, then they suddenly decide to rush a shambles of plot into the last three and a half episodes.

Adding insult to injury, they bring back all of the previous main characters (and a few of the side ones) in an 'epic' crossover then spit in the face of the fans by giving them three minutes in the spotlight before pushing them into the background and having the main character for this series (Tagiru) hijack not only the plot, the series, but the entire goddamn franchise. In his 25 episode series which largely comprised of filler, he somehow became the most important person to have ever existed in any Digimon universe ever. Despite doing nothing of any significance until the final episode.

There's a lot of suspicion that the series was cut short and forced to end at half the intended length, though. It really would explain a lot. But even if it had managed to last for a full year, it still couldn't have redeemed what would have been a shoddy and filler-packed first half.

Ahh, Digimon... I remember going around with my little blue digivice from Season 2 feeling like a boss.

AND WHEN THIS HAPPENED.

Digimon will always have a special place in my heart. <3

Seriously I thought this was the most epic transformation next to Angemon going Ultmate. I mean a freaking werewolf in my anime. AWESOME!

The Digimon english theme always make the evolutions epic, no exceptions.

• Thumbs Up 5

The Digimon english theme always make the evolutions epic, no exceptions.

Here on Brazil we had the english theme (dubbed in portuguese), but ONLY in the opening of the FIRST season. All the other musics during the episodes were the japanese ones. The openings for second, third and fourth seasons were also totaly dubbed in portuguese, but not over the english theme, but the japanese one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TrmWEQLj9o

As you can see here.

Edited by Jango

I just remember finding it awkwardly amusing in the semifinal episode of Adventure, where they all evolve, and spend about 3-4 minutes doing so. The whole time it's just playing goddamn "DIGIMON, DIGITAL MONSTERS, DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS" on loop.

Brave Heart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digi-Rap

• Thumbs Up 1

I just remember finding it awkwardly amusing in the semifinal episode of Adventure, where they all evolve, and spend about 3-4 minutes doing so. The whole time it's just playing goddamn "DIGIMON, DIGITAL MONSTERS, DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS" on loop.

Brave Heart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digi-Rap

Ehh... listening to that for the first time. It sounds kind of dull, the English theme is stupid yes, but this theme sounds like... a dummied down rainbow road theme. I've heard better that sounded just like that, with twice the excitement to it. *cough*HoshiNoKaibitheme2*cough*

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Brave Heart isn't meant to be an 'exciting' song, though. It's just really bright, uplifting and inspiring. :3

I dunno, the english theme is indeed stupid, but it always got me hype whenever Digivolution happened, I dunno Brave Heart is definitely not bad, it just doesn't have the same "aww shit" feel the dub has, or maybe that's the nostalgia talking.

However we all can agree this is shit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO2fF_gRIIs

This song is so awkward to listen to, even as a kid this felt "wrong" for some reason, even when ass kicking was ensuing.

I dunno, the english theme is indeed stupid, but it always got me hype whenever Digivolution happened, I dunno Brave Heart is definitely not bad, it just doesn't have the same "aww shit" feel the dub has, or maybe that's the nostalgia talking.

This song is so awkward to listen to, even as a kid this felt "wrong" for some reason, even when ass kicking was ensuing.

To be honest, I think a lot of the love for the dub songs and openings is nostalgia. Admittedly I still have something of a soft spot for them despite their badness because of that, but at the same time I can still see how blatantly ear-raping a lot of them really were.

Of course, as a kid I thought they were great, but then didn't everyone? D:

I actually kind of liked 'Hey Digimon' as a kid. mellow.png

Edited by -Mark-

To be honest, I think a lot of the love for the dub songs and openings is nostalgia. Admittedly I still have something of a soft spot for them despite their badness because of that, but at the same time I can still see how blatantly ear-raping a lot of them really were.

Of course, as a kid I thought they were great, but then didn't everyone? D:

I actually kind of liked 'Hey Digimon' as a kid. mellow.png

I think, like the rest of the dub, it falls under "So Bad, it's Good" territory, I mean the songs got better in 02, there's that.

I think, like the rest of the dub, it falls under "So Bad, it's Good" territory, I mean the songs got better in 02, there's that.

The music was at it's best in Tamers. Now I'm not sure if I remember Tamers having any insert songs in English, but the regular music was at it's best in Tamers. Thankfully the fool who inserted the music in the first series was fired and replaced with someone who knew where to put the right tracks. I also love the new music made for Tamers.

Ah yes, Digimon. It was one of my most watched shows when I was young and addicted to Fox Kids, though the only seasons they broadcasted was of Adventure 01 and 02, the rest was never shown in the Netherlands, but I should try and look up the others somewhere.

I was also disappointed by the ending of 02 with certain characters, but oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1sobcBpXz0

It could be worse. This played during

the scene when they defeated Puppetmon in the first series, and when they freed MetalGreymon in the second series...

^^That sounds a lot better considering it sounds like a climax song, it's still pretty shitty tho.

Although I love evolution music for Savers, in the dub. That upbeat techno mix just sets the fucking mood.

Edited by The Batman
  • Thumbs Up 1