Soniman

Digimon - Digital Monsters

Speaking of the dub, I can’t help but think this series would be the perfect opportunity to try getting the franchise going in the west again.

The original series caught on and became popular in the west back in the day. Maybe introducing the original gang to a whole new generation of young viewers could spark that flame again?

Digimon has a special place in my heart as it was one of the very last of my childhood cartoons. I think it started airing here in Sweden around 2000 or 2001, at which point I was 13 or 14. I didn't watch it religiously, but what I saw of it was entertaining, and I could tell that it was objectively a better show than it's rival Pokémon. Pokémon was fun as a phenomenon (I loved trading the cards, playing the games, ect) but as a show it was very bland.