Awoo.

Digimon - Digital Monsters

Soniman

"This world has chosen the future and reality that should not have been chosen"

...is this an alternate timeline?

"This world has chosen the future and reality that should not have been chosen"

...is this an alternate timeline?

• Thumbs Up 9

I find it hilarious that after months of waiting and excitement we ended up with six-episode OVAs instead of a season.

Toei is such a troll.

• Thumbs Up 1

Translation: Yes 02's ending was god awful, we have to fix this immediately.

Lol, good. And hopefully Taiora becomes canon.

I seriously hope this gets dubbed and they get the original english cast back. I mean sure, the dub had issues but I just have so many good memories watching it as a child and it would just really mean a lot to me if they dubbed it.

And hopefully Taiora becomes canon.

Digimon being retconned just to make that happen would be absolutely glorious. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait so Digimon Adventure 02 never happened?

Well, shit. and here I was hoping for an actual series.

Lol, good. And hopefully Taiora becomes canon.

I seriously hope this gets dubbed and they get the original english cast back. I mean sure, the dub had issues but I just have so many good memories watching it as a child and it would just really mean a lot to me if they dubbed it.

There is a english site for Tri ( http://digimon-adventure.net/eng/ ) so it most likely going to get a dub. Not sure if they going to bring the cast back though.

Well, the more I hear about this the more it feels like a trainwreck in the making, and I say that as someone who loves the Digimon anime. 

I have to confess here, I've never been massively hyped for Tri. I love Digimon, but for me, a lot of the excitement each series comes from what's new. What will the new characters and Digimon be like? How will they put a new twist on the usual plot tropes? What will the new evolution gimmick be, and the new Digivice?

Then with Tri, we're getting the same characters and setting. Oh.

Also, is it just me, or are they suddenly going back on a lot of what they said when they announced it? Delays aside, from what I recall, back when they first announced the show, they were pushing the fact that the original cast would be returning as a big selling point for the series, as well as stating that 02's ending would still be canon and that Tri wouldn't affect or change it. Seriously, was I misinformed or am I remembering it wrongly? I could have sworn they said both of those things at the time.

First they delay the series from April to July, then out of the blue we get a second delay to November and news that the original cast aren't coming back, and even worse that the series isn't a series at all, and is actually just six theatrical OVA's. And now they're being ambiguous as to whether or not 02 will remain canon?

What the hell is their excuse for not getting the original cast back? Also, the fact it's theatrical OVAs means it's highly unlikely anywhere like Crunchyroll will simulcast this, and TV rips will be impossible. Considering Japan have ridiculously strict laws on recording in cinemas, camrips in Japan almost never happen. Meaning realistically, Tri won't be visible in any way, shape or form outside of Japan until it gets a home release there. Which is usually 8 months or so after screenings. 

I already wasn't particularly excited for Tri, now this has managed to more or less completely kill off what little excitement I had. And I say this as someone who was so hyped for the Xros Wars Hunters finale that I was actually trembling with excitement as I watched it (even if it turned out to be godawful).

This whole thing just reeks of serious production problems.

Have they officially confirmed that 02 never happened though? For all we know someone is going to mess up with reality and erased the events of 02 but Tai and the others are fighting to set things right. Or he can be talking about something else entirely.

I don't think they've ever actually said anything in regards to 02 - which is precisely why people think it's being retconned (though the trailer certainly adds fuel to the fire).  I'm... not actually certain that they said anything for sure, really, regarding things like returning casts, TV, and dates, but they were more than happy to imply the wrong conclusions and let people sit there believing them for months and months.

Actually, I just went back and checked, and "2015 Spring" was 100% part of Tri's original announcement, from official sources, and it sure didn't look like that was simply meant to be an announcement of an announcement given that the publicity campaign right up until the last couple of months was exactly what you'd expect from a TV anime airing in spring 2015.  I would agree that there has to be suspicion of production problems, therefore.

And it is true that westerners are very likely to have a hard time seeing this unless Toei fast-tracks both the DVD release after the theatre airing and the English dub.

...Well this sucks. =/

I was hoping for some nostalgic Digimon fun with the old cast, but now I hear it's going to be a series of theatrical OVA's and we won't see it until WAY after November? Thanks Bamco, I got really excited for something Digimon related then...for once. And now you killed it!

...Well this sucks. =/

I was hoping for some nostalgic Digimon fun with the old cast, but now I hear it's going to be a series of theatrical OVA's and we won't see it until WAY after November? Thanks Bamco, I got really excited for something Digimon related then...for once. And now you killed it!

Theatrical OVA's? Oh fucking hell...

Have they officially confirmed that 02 never happened though? For all we know someone is going to mess up with reality and erased the events of 02 but Tai and the others are fighting to set things right. Or he can be talking about something else entirely.

02 had some stupid shit in it, like "everything Davis ever did" and "putting that fucking moron Davis in charge" and "wtf ending?", but I think it's rather... over the top to just throw it out completely. There was some pretty good bits in there that could be built off of if they wanted to go back to the original Adventure canon.

Fun little trailer edit for dubbies such as myself. Caution: DigiRap ahead.

• Thumbs Up 8

Is it bad that this actually made me more hype for the OVAs then the actual trailer? It have that impact of "oh shit this is back!" instead of "Okay here's the character standing around and stuff".

• Thumbs Up 3

Not my edit of the trailer. Just a guy that I happen to follow on Youtube, SpeedRacerFlubber. XD

Holy crap, that got me more hyped up than the original trailer. Now I'm REALLY hoping this gets dubbed.

I'll never be able to wash that digirap from my soul.

I'll never be able to wash that digirap from my soul.

You just need a better Digi-Tude.

• Thumbs Up 1

Butterfly or bust. :P

...sorry, I just hate the DigiRap and always have. It's a nice edit, though! I just got super duper excited for the original trailer 'cause I love the Japanese version so much.

If 02 gets retconned, I'm... not sure how I'll feel. On one hand ,the epilogue sucked. On the other hand, that's erasing a huge part of the Digimon legacy.

man if they edit the epilogue and actually go with "THEY MUST MARRY THE PEOPLE THEY KNEW WHEN THEY WERE 10 YEARS OLD BECAUSE THAT'S HOW RELATIONSHIPS GO" I'll be so salty

besides everyone with good taste knows Taichi X Mimi

Anyways I'm actually glad with the OVA path. In potentia, means a more focused story, and better animation than most of the franchise's seen.

The Pokerap and Digirap are literally yin and yang, light and dark, one cannot exist without the other.

We will probably never understand why the Digirap exits, but we have to accept it

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought it looked good. It being an OVA will at least mean the animation will be decent.

They said the plot will revolve around the "everyone gets Digimon" plot from 02's finale.

When did they say that?