Awoo.

DreamWorks Animation SKG

Nepenthe

hey, I liked the Dudley do right Movie, then again I have a minor weakspot for campy movies

If this film does well, then I certainly wouldn't mind this film team taking a stab at Rocky & Bullwinkle and Dudley Do-Right movies.

A Rocky and Bullwinkle short will be preceding the film.

• 2 weeks later...

An image of how Rocky and Bullwinkle will look in the short has recently been uploaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! What did DreamWorks do to you guys?!

original.jpg

Pictures of the characters from the original show and the live-action/CG film for comparison's sake:

dreamworksrockybullwinkle-580x414.jpg

-i-had-a-good-time-on-rocky-bullwinkle--

Edited by Gabe Scrooge
  • Thumbs Up 4

Wait is this Rocky and Bullwinkle thing real or a joke? I'm not sure how to respond to this happening.

They got the IP to Mr. Peabody and Sherman; them doing something Rocky and Bullwinkle-related isn't too farfetched. xP

I also don't see the problem with the models? Rocky's a little chubby in the cheeks, but they're overall well done.

Wait is this Rocky and Bullwinkle thing real or a joke? I'm not sure how to respond to this happening.

Apparently, it's real.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 5

They got the IP to Mr. Peabody and Sherman; them doing something Rocky and Bullwinkle-related isn't too farfetched. xP

I also don't see the problem with the models? Rocky's a little chubby in the cheeks, but they're overall well done.

Apparently, it's real.

I think it's Bullwinkle that's mostly the problem. The textures on his fur look weird, although it's probably the lighting, I dunno. That and his eyes look a lot smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

President Obama Will Visit DWA

The White House announced today that President Obama will speak on November 26th about the economy at DreamWorks Animation in Glendale. “The motion picture and television industry is a growing industry, and continues to create thousands of jobs across the country,” a White House official told Variety. The evening before his DreamWorks speech, Obama will attend a fundraiser at the home of Inspector Gadget theme song composer and billionaire Haim Saban.

[uPDATE]: It looks like the visual effects industry wants to make the most of President Obama’s visit to DreamWorks. Stay tuned to the VFX Soldier Twitter account. It would be even more amazing though if all the DWA artists on campus choose to wear green to work that day!

obama-dreamworks-vfx.jpg

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cartoon-culture/president-obama-will-visit-dreamworks-animation-91277.html

Sounds interesting. Maybe they can get him to make a cameo in one of their films? :P

Edited by Gabe Scrooge
  • Thumbs Up 1

0HutDvt.jpg

DreamWorks released a brand new How To Train Your Dragon 2 poster on their Twitter a few days ago, and I forgot to post it here for y'all. So here it is in all of its glory. 8U

and hiccup looks so manly homigosh

• Thumbs Up 4

• 4 weeks later...

omfg I'd rather see THAT than Mr Peabody and Sherman! Looks epic as hell and dayum Hiccup looks good~

..ahem anyway I think the sequel is going to be ten times better than the first. While I've always regretted not seeing the first film in the cinema, that one's weakest point was the plot, though I don't blame them since it only took them a year to finish it! This one is going to be much better in the story department, I can tell!

• Thumbs Up 2

Pretty much all of DreamWorks's "first" sequels to their films (Shrek 2, Madagascar 2, Kung Fu Panda 2) were (arguably) better than their predecessors, and from the way HTTYD 2 looks, this will not buck that trend.

• 1 month later...

spoiler'd because huge image

Kjv7YLy.jpg

DreamWorks' released another HTTYD2 poster, this time featuring Astrid. It's in the same style as the Hiccup one, character standing in front of their dragon posed in a black background, but I really find Astrid adorable in this here poster.

Oh yeah, and I saw the trailer a few posts above me when I saw Frozen in theaters, it even makes me more excited to see this movie, it's easily my most anticipated animated film this year other than Big Hero 6 (which Disney should really release more news of >:U). I liked the first film a lot, but I thought the story was the weakest part of it. From the looks of it, it seems like this'll be better than the first in every way. 

• Thumbs Up 2

it's easily my most anticipated animated film this year other than Big Hero 6 (which Disney should really release more news of >:U).

I know right! Dreamworks at least tries to update news on their movies from time to time, yet we still haven't even seen what the characters in Big Hero 6 look like! I think it's part of Disney's marketing tactic though because this happened before Wreck it Ralph and Frozen were released too.

The hype is SO REAL right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9a4PvzlqoQ

I hadn't seen the trailer for this today, and now I'm excited to see it! I don't want to wish away months from my life, but it will be one more thing to look forward to when summer finally arrives! happy.png

New clip of Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TXy2cKccXY

Love how Stephen Colbert's hamming it up here. :)

I have no interest in seeing Peabody and Sherman, but I am curious to know how the movie plays out in terms of surprises.  Because I've seen the trailer twice now while seeing other films and it feels like it spoils everything.  The pieces of history falling on the modern day city from the sky seems REALLY finale-ish, along with the fact that you see a bunch of the history characters in the city.

It's why I leave to go to the bathroom for my pre-movie pee as soon as a trailer for a film I WANT to see comes on.

I imagine the film is just going to be as you expect in terms of sheer plotting, and that the historic characters all meeting up in the city is in the climax. It will probably be formulaic but the premise is fun enough on its own that I'd go see it on an off day. Pushing it up the list though would be if the characterization, specifically if the relationship between Peabody and Sherman (which they're barely showing) is done in an endearing enough way to carry the film beyond its inherent wackiness. Basically, it's looking like solid fun now, but if critics start talking about how good the characters are then that will elevate it to something more.

• Thumbs Up 4

What I don't like so far about the film, is the girl character. And not because she's a girl, but she's a girl born to be a love interest. You just look at her and she screams first draft cliche and is boring. 

I'm hoping the film focuses more on the relationship between Peabody and Sherman than Sherman and the living macguffin.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

So, I got to seeing Mr. Peabody & Sherman yesterday, time for me express my thoughts:

I'd say that I overall liked it, it was much better than I thought it would be. It a really energetic, zippy pace and I adored the art direction and Danny Elfman's score. Seriously, it's positively delightful! I also liked some of the historical lessons they gave when they visited various time periods, gave the movie a bit of an educational edge. Most of the characters were pretty fun, notably Peabody and Sherman themselves and Patrick Wartburton's character. Now it's time for me to talk about the problems I had with this movie...

I felt the jokes were hit and miss (moreso hit, though) and that the third act fell into a sea of oversentimentality and cliches. I mean it, it has so much sap it'd make a maple tree jealous. The father-son relationship between Peabody and Sherman was nicely executed for the most part, but not done to the emotional heights it could've reached. The girl character, Penny also sorta felt let she didn't need to be there, and felt like a plot device (she was a cutie tho').

So yeah, in my book, t'was a good movie and made for a pleasurable diversion. A preview for DreamWorks' new film set to be released this November, Home, was played before the film (whatever happened to the Rocky & Bullwinkle short? :C) and I must say it was rather amusing. Now I eagerly wait for How to Train Your Dragon 2. <3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...