Awoo.

Strongest to weakest Final Bosses in Sonic

miketastic5

So, I would like to know if I have this list right. Also, I believe Hyper form is equal to 2 super forms and that a super form that really isn't "super" ( Like Silver or Knuckles and Tails in Heroes) count as half of a super. Okay, here's the list.

1. Solaris- This wins by a landslide because it can supposedly eat dimensions for lunch and can most likely destroy time itself. It took 3 supers, but 2 were only 1/2, making it 2 supers. However, I add another .5 because it takes the most super hedgehogs to defeat. Difficulty: 2.5 supers

2. Perfect Dark Gaia - He is second because it takes 1 super, a .75 super (Chip) and a .5 super (Base Sonic) to defeat him equaling 2.25 supers. Al though it takes 3 different forms, it is technically still only 2 people, so it is still weaker than Solaris. Difficulty: 2.25 supers

3/4/5/6/7. Metal Overlord/Finalhazard/Egg Salamander/Egg Wizard/Time Eater- All of these guys took 2 supers to defeat (Knuckles and Tails together count as a super and the Sol Emeralds are equal to the Chaos Emeralds) and were still incredibly tough. Difficulty: 2 supers

8. Doomsday - I have moved this all the way up here because I realized that it could possibly take Hyper Sonic to win. However, since it could also only take Super Sonic, I averaged it out to 1.5 supers. Difficulty: 1.5 Supers

9. Gemerl - Gemerl is this high because Super Sonic alone couldn't beat him, he needed the help of Eggman as well. However, it's not 1.5 supers because Eggman is only there for gameplay purposes. Difficulty: 1.25 supers

10. Super Ix- The reason this guy is this high is simply because he uses the most powerful emerald, the Master Emerald. However, he is still beaten by 1 super. Difficulty: 1 super

11/12. Perfect Chaos/Devil Doom- The reason these guys are higher than the next 2 are because they use power from the Chaos Emeralds. Difficulty: 1 super

13/14. Alf-Layla-wa-Layla/ The Dark Queen, Merlina- These 2 would be tied with the higher 2 if it weren't for the fact that they have no Chaos powers. Difficulty: 1 super

Eggman: Eggman has varying machines that could take no supers or 2 supers to defeat. However, the strongest Eggman creations have already been listed. So I will now list 2 tiers for Eggman: High and Low. High tier includes the ones that take a super or are a lot of trouble without one. Low tier is where the ones that take no problem without a super are placed. Anyway, let's get started!

High Tier:

Super Egg Robo- 1 super
True Area 53- 1 super
Chaotic Space- 1 super

15:Ifrit: The only reason this boss is higher than the next is because it took 2 people to beat it. Difficulty: .9 supers

Big Arm - .75 supers (Thanks to Autosaver, forgot about that one attack)

16. Emerl: The reason I am putting Emerl this low is because Sonic could beat him without going super but he had to use everything he had normally to win. Difficulty: .75 supers

Metal Sonic Kai- .75 supers
Heart of Death Egg MK II- .75 supers

Death Egg Robot- .75 supers

Nega-Whisp Armor- .5 supers

Egg Extractor Robot (fan-made name due to having no actual name)- .5 supers

Final Fight- .5 supers

Low Tier:
Egg Destroyer- .5 supers
Mock Ball- .25 supers
Crystal Egg- .25 supers
Final Zone- .25 supers
Sky Base- .125 supers
Atomic Destroyer- .125 supers
Spiked Egg- .125 supers
Killer Turkey-gou (Translation, don't blame me if it's wrong) -.125 supers

17: Grand Battle Kukku the 15th: This guy is beaten by Tails and his gadgets. Tails is weaker than Sonic. 'nuff said. Difficulty: .125 supers

Labyrinth Final Boss- .09375 supers
Robotnik's ship- .09375 supers

18: Wendy Witchcart- Same thing as number 17, except without the gadgets! Difficulty: .03125 supers

I hope you all understand any mistakes I made and give constructive criticism. I believe I am only missing the Riders bosses as I don't think they are really bosses, just races with a stipulation. Also, I would like to know if Fang is a final boss as he is a boss in the last special stage. Anyway, thanks in advance to any constructive criticism!!!

P.S.: This took a lot of work to put together! Over an hour! Really hope you appreciate it!

P.P.S.: I've edited this list for the 4th and most major time now, and if I choose to, and have good reason to, I will add more bosses or change places as this will be an ever evolving list with each Sonic Game released, if this site is still around. See ya, and hope you enjoy the list, however many search for this one day!

Edited by miketastic5
  • Thumbs Up 1

There seems to be a lot of arbitration and assumptions in there. How did Solaris take two and a half Super characters to beat when Sonic, Shadow, and Silver turned Super? How do you know the disparity of power between Super and Hyper Sonic to determine that Hyper would have trouble with Solaris? Why does Chip count as a Super character when he does not display Super characteristics like physical invulnerability to pain? How can you properly determine the power of the Storybook games' MacGuffins to reach your conclusion about where the appropriate bosses sit? How are you determining the percentage of power a normal character has in relation to a Super character- Why does Eggman equal a quarter of a Super?

I do like the idea however, but I think you would do better by simplifying it by way of determining the general destruction the bosses are capable of, and determining how many Super characters and normal characters it took to defeat that character.

Interesting way of rating them. Hm, I can't say I can strongly disagree with any of that.

I thought all final bosses are all strong enough to beat Sonic and frustrate the player endlessly.

Storyline wise I'd say pretty much anything that's close to a physical God may as well be the strongest so almost all of them then. :P

Edited by Beetlejuice

Sonic could have defeated Gemerl by himself, they just wanted to add a partner since the whole game you had to have a partner.

Liked for effort

Wouldn't Big Arm be placed higher for the fact that he can remove Sonic's Super form?

Also, about Metal Overlord. Didn't it take 9 characters including the final team to defeat him? You counted "partial Sonic" with Dark Gaia but you didn't count that Team Dark, Rose, and Chaotix all attacked him.

THE POWA OF TEAMWORK

Edited by Autosaver

I think Metal Overlord is a bit an outlier because of the narrative characteristics of the fight. Are twelve characters actively battling him because he's so powerful that such force was necessary to whittle him down enough for Super Team Sonic to deliver the final blow, or are nine characters providing the distraction Shadow indicated in one of the cutscenes so Super Team Sonic can actually do the real legwork?

There seems to be a lot of arbitration and assumptions in there. How did Solaris take two and a half Super characters to beat when Sonic, Shadow, and Silver turned Super? How do you know the disparity of power between Super and Hyper Sonic to determine that Hyper would have trouble with Solaris? Why does Chip count as a Super character when he does not display Super characteristics like physical invulnerability to pain? How can you properly determine the power of the Storybook games' MacGuffins to reach your conclusion about where the appropriate bosses sit? How are you determining the percentage of power a normal character has in relation to a Super character- Why does Eggman equal a quarter of a Super?

I do like the idea however, but I think you would do better by simplifying it by way of determining the general destruction the bosses are capable of, and determining how many Super characters and normal characters it took to defeat that character.

Edited by miketastic5

1. If you read the beginning of my topic, I said supers that aren't really super as in super silver because he didn't use the Chaos Emeralds count as half of a super.

I did read the opening post. My issue is that the numbers are subjective because we can't reliably calculate things like Chaos energy, hence why I suggested ditching these calculations and focusing on more easily-quantifiable things like the general number of characters involved in battle. Also, Shadow didn't have any Chaos Emeralds. Sonic possessed them, having turned Super first before his comrades did. That would mean Shadow would also count as half, so under your own calculations, wouldn't the fight count as two Super forms instead? 1 + 0.5 + 0.5?

Has it ever been stated in canon that the Super Emeralds are twice as strong as the Chaos Emeralds? Remember, the Master and Chaos Emeralds are already tapping into potentially-infinite energy, so how do you know exactly how powerful each one is in relation to another? At best, you can only make general estimations (i.e., Chaos Emeralds < Super Emeralds) which are useless for determining exact numbers.

But not all gods and demi-gods are equal in power.

MacGuffins are plot devices in the form of highly desireable objects that the protagonist is after; in the case of Sonic, that can be the Chaos Emeralds, Time Stones, World Rings, the Knights' Swords, etc.

But what is "effort"? What is the formula for that? "Effort" is merely the result of attempting anything; the physical and mental exertion one puts into a task. Even with cut scenes and your own experiences playing the game, how do you properly determine a numerical value for something like "effort?"

I don't understand. Do you mean Eggman would be significantly more powerful if he wasn't dumbed down by the gameplay?

1. I completely forgot that Shadow did not have the Chaos Emeralds, either. I will change this.

2. It was just an educated guess as in the comics, it states that Super Emeralds have greater power than Chaos Emeralds, so my brain instantly thinks twice as powerful. However, I believe it is safe to assume that if the SE were 2x as powerful as the CE, this would be somewhat accurate.

3. Exactly, that's why Dark Gaia was able to beat Chip, because not all are equal in power.

4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

5. I rated the difficulty of the people playing in the videos through a 1-10 on how much I could see that they wanted to go Super or even Hyper to "cheese" their out of the fight and into victory. I then averaged in the numbers I collected and then proceeded to take that number into a calculator and make it into a comparable number with the others. If you couldn't go Super or Hyper in the game, I measured how much difficulty they were having with the boss. Same for those who can only be Super or Hyper.

6. If you play the classics, you would know Eggman has only slightly inferior speed to normal Sonic and that is strength, smarts and overall comfort with machines makes him more than a capable match for Sonic.

Edited by miketastic5

I prefer to think of this as comparing how good of a fight it was. But first I'm going to mention that you can also enter Doomsday Zone with only Super Sonic and it's the exact same fight.

So many Super Sonic fights have been so ill conceived that I can barely articulate their problems. They're all trying to be like Doomsday Zone, but none seem able to come close. I guess I should just list things about them:

- So much talking: It's really great for thematic tone when people won't stop gabbing about what's going on, right? No, it isn't.

- Music: Just taking the game's already dumb main theme and throwing together a symphonic version doesn't cut it.

- Strange controls: How hard is it to make "starfox with ramming"? Why's there this boost up, boost down, paraloops, none of this makes any sense.

- Conceptually snatching defeat from the jaws of victory: Take some outlandish concept and make it boring. Giant Megazord? Fly at it and then punch it, with a QTE. Then he teleports away or something. Really? Was that the first type of gameplay that popped into your head? And then we find out Sonic could have gone super any time instead of that stupid god damn instakill obstacle course. Then he goes Super and is hurt by... rocks. OK, I guess. This seriously might be the worst boss fight I've ever played.

I have a bit of a correction, I notice you said that the Egg Snake needed 2 supers to defeat it, but I think you may mean the Egg Salamander, at least if you're talking about the Final Boss of Sonic Rush. Also technically Perfect Chaos can be defeated by normal Sonic, according to Generations.

I have a bit of a correction, I notice you said that the Egg Snake needed 2 supers to defeat it, but I think you may mean the Egg Salamander, at least if you're talking about the Final Boss of Sonic Rush. Also technically Perfect Chaos can be defeated by normal Sonic, according to Generations.

1. Thanks for reminding me, I will fix that.

2. I am going by their original appearance as many of these opponents could be beaten by the older, more experienced Sonic nowadays.

I prefer to think of this as comparing how good of a fight it was. But first I'm going to mention that you can also enter Doomsday Zone with only Super Sonic and it's the exact same fight.

So many Super Sonic fights have been so ill conceived that I can barely articulate their problems. They're all trying to be like Doomsday Zone, but none seem able to come close. I guess I should just list things about them:

- So much talking: It's really great for thematic tone when people won't stop gabbing about what's going on, right? No, it isn't.

- Music: Just taking the game's already dumb main theme and throwing together a symphonic version doesn't cut it.

- Strange controls: How hard is it to make "starfox with ramming"? Why's there this boost up, boost down, paraloops, none of this makes any sense.

- Conceptually snatching defeat from the jaws of victory: Take some outlandish concept and make it boring. Giant Megazord? Fly at it and then punch it, with a QTE. Then he teleports away or something. Really? Was that the first type of gameplay that popped into your head? And then we find out Sonic could have gone super any time instead of that stupid god damn instakill obstacle course. Then he goes Super and is hurt by... rocks. OK, I guess. This seriously might be the worst boss fight I've ever played.

I wasn't measuring how good the fight was, I was measuring from multiple sources how hard it was for the hero to defeat them!

I think Sonic just got stronger over time. That, or the Time Perfect Chaos is just an illusion. I mean, there's nothing really powering him, he's just a memory of time there.

Couldn't we also judge a bosses strength by its actual difficulty? I found Solaris hell (albeit probably for the wrong reasons).

Solaris was so far the strongest one with Dark Gaia Second and Biolizard Third. It took 3 Supers to defeat Solaris and it "Eats dimensions for lunch"

Edited by HUNTER297

2. I determined Hyper= 2 supers because to get Hyper, you need to collect the Super Emeralds, which are twice as strong as the Chaos Emeralds therefore, Hyper=2 supers

Not even two supers can cause seizures.

Why do we even take Hyper forms into account? They were just selling point of Sonic&Knuckles add on.

Why do we even take Hyper forms into account? They were just selling point of Sonic&Knuckles add on.

I'm just going to list the bosses in order that gave me the most trouble to the least amount of trouble:

1. Perfect Dark Gaia (Irritating, took me a week, and this is the PS3/360 version)

2. Time Eater (Confused the hell out of me the first time I played)

3. Death Egg Robot (Sonic 4 Episode 1: Took me 2 hours, yeah I suck, and it caught me by surprise)

4. Final Hazard (Couldn't get by the LAZORS!!)

5. Death Egg Robot (Sonic 2: Took me a good long while to do it)

6. Big Arm (Kinda caught me off guard)

7. Death Egg Robot 2 (S&K: The 2nd bit took me a good few tries)

8. Tube Machine (Sonic 1: Found the trick quickly)

9. Perfect Chaos (Just basic)

10. Mock Ball (CD: Easy)

11. Metal Overload (Pressed B the whole time)

When you say strongest, do you mean the hardest boss? Or strongest as in physical strength?

Because if you mean physical strength then Solaris wins by a landslide. Next up would be Time eater. And after that it would be a tie between Dark Gaia and Perfect Chaos. From there it just goes down hill.

Now if you mean strongest as in hardest then I would say Death Egg Robo (Sonic 2). That is the only final boss that I've played that has pissed me off to an extreme level. I've rage quit that more times than I've gotten killed by campers in FPS games. (That's a lot) After DER, I was probably say.....Time eater because gosh that boss fight was a major pain in my ass.

When you say strongest, do you mean the hardest boss? Or strongest as in physical strength?

Because if you mean physical strength then Solaris wins by a landslide. Next up would be Time eater. And after that it would be a tie between Dark Gaia and Perfect Chaos. From there it just goes down hill.

Now if you mean strongest as in hardest then I would say Death Egg Robo (Sonic 2). That is the only final boss that I've played that has pissed me off to an extreme level. I've rage quit that more times than I've gotten killed by campers in FPS games. (That's a lot) After DER, I was probably say.....Time eater because gosh that boss fight was a major pain in my ass.

I am rating them by how much effort it took from both cutscenes and various videos I've watched, as well as the overall difficulty.

Edited by miketastic5

1 Solaris - character can destroy whole timelines (and the universe within each), and had to be destroyed 3 times to be truly defeated, its strategy was to swat the super hedgehogs away like gnats

2 Time Eater - can erase time and space, and it seems it can do it with whole cities very quickly (as long as the cities are not restored by super fast hedgehogs) so it could probably destroy the world very efficiently if the 2 Eggmen wanted to

3/4 Perfect Chaos / Dark Gaia - tie

* Perfect Chaos can destroy cities in seconds and given time can destroy the whole world, it generally was treating Super Sonic like a gnat (the Generations fight seemed to have nerfed PC, perhaps as someone else said it is a memory shadow created by the Time Eater's power plus it only had 1 Chaos Emerald, in fact while Super Sonic made PC explode several time in the original fight this new fight against base Sonic barely even featured that from Sonic's attacks, most importantly it did not even use its most powerful attack which could bring down the EggCarrier II with one hit; I call the Generations appearance a false Perfect Chaos)

* Dark Gaia can destroy the whole world, it was on the defensive for much of the fight but was clearly only building its own strength up to 100%

5 Metal Overlord - had the copied data of Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, and Chaos (and maybe Tails too) and was able to take some of the offensive against Super Sonic, Tails and Knuckles but its strategy was clearly to stall for time until Team Super ran out of Ring power, it is highly unlikely that it had the power to destroy the world but probably rain great destruction on a city Godzilla style

6 Devil Doom - powerful enough to bring some challenge to Super Shadow but was clearly not enough to defeat him so his strategy was to stall until Super Shadow ran out of Ring power, was on the defensive the whole fight and would even retreat with Chaos Control, definitely did not have the power to destroy the world on his own

7/8 FinalHazard / Doomsday Zone Eggrobo - tie

* FinalHazard - had a good deal of power to hold the Super hogs at bay but was clearly only stalling for time to suicide crash the ARK, not to defeat the Super hogs

* Doomsday Zone Eggrobo - also had a good amount of firepower to keep Super Sonic away but was only trying to get away and retreat, not defeat Super Sonic

Edited by Darth InVaders