Awoo.

An Australian Billionaire Is Rumored To Be Making A Real-Life Jurassic Park

Winston

http://www.sfgate.co...ing-3754772.php

] There's a rumor floating around about Australian billionaire Clive Palmer.

According to someone in his inner circle, Palmer may be plotting to clone a dinosaur from DNA, Sunshine Coast Daily's Kathy Sundstrom reports.

Palmer would put the dinosaur in his new Coolum Palmer Resort in the Middle East, says Sundstrom.

The resort is also rumored to have a 20-story sky needle and giant ferris wheel.

"While Mr Palmer was quick to deny he had plans to build a sky rail to Mount Coolum, he remains silent about the latest [dinosaur] speculations," writes Sundstrom.

"He declined to answer questions relating to the dinosaur rumours and the Middle East. A spokesman said Mr Palmer would hold a press conference in Brisbane on Friday."

No word yet on what kind of dinosaur Palmer has in mind. (fingers crossed for an herbivore)

Palmer is the same billionaire who's set on making Titanic II, which he says will be ready to set sail in 2016.

Lets just hope this isn't real...please God, don't be real, I don't want Samuel L. Jackson to die...I mean, I don't want innocent people to die! This is kind-of freaky. Edited by Andrew GarFred
Text was white on a white background. When pasting text, please remember to hit the 'Remove Format' eraser in the top-left of the post options, thank you. :)

Permission to use this quote?

"If I may... Um, I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now

[bangs on the table] you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well...".

In short, I hope this doesn't become a reality and I thought the Titanic II was a tasteless concept. What's next a recreation of the Chernobyl disaster turned into a theme park? sleep.png

Also wouldn't there be laws or something to stop him from doing this?huh.png

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 4

What the flying hell.

Thiiiiis sounds exciting and dangerous at the same time. If this is real then it's also completely insane.

I wonder if this guy realizes that dinosaurs really can't survive in this environment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Part of me says "Awesome! An actual dinosaur theme park! :D"

The other part says "This sounds far-fetched. How is the guy going to revive dinosaurs? And would people even want to go there. We've all seen the movie. Want a T-Rex loose in a famous city?"

So, I'm both excited and skeptical at the same time. :/

This is the same guy who's making Titanic II?

Why is this even news?

Rich guy does stupid shit with his money

more @ 11:00

• Thumbs Up 3

Isn't the sole reason that dinosaurs were able to grow so huge that there was a hell of a lot more oxygen in the atmosphere back then than there is now?

So my question is: Would dinosaurs today be able to breathe?

• Thumbs Up 2

Dr. Malcom is the Hero the anti-dinosaur people need but not the one they deserve.

Seriously though, I'm on the fence about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait...it was years ago since I last watched a Jurassic Park movie...doesn't it all go horribly wrong and a man sitting on a toilet gets eaten?

Wasn't there also a movie called Titanic 2? I'm sure I read or heard about that somewhere...

...and this same guy want's to make that also?

Hmm...I'm sorry, I can't take any of this seriously. I've never seen stupid on such a large scale before. Surely if this person was going to bring anything into reality from a movie, then it should be the Death Star!

• Thumbs Up 1

Did this guy actually watch the movie? I mean wasn't the whole lesson "Don't make a zoo filled with dinosaurs?"

That's like watching Titanic and deciding to make another one - OH WAIT.

If none of you honestly want a pet dinosaur, you have no soul.

Who doesn't want a pet dinosaur?

Problem is they won't last as long as you would think though. D:

Okay guys, don't worry, I know how to get this under control if the dinosaurs break out. We use freshly 3D printed Kuratas, and we catch the whole shenanigan on video, and release it as a science fiction movie.

• Thumbs Up 3

Isn't the sole reason that dinosaurs were able to grow so huge that there was a hell of a lot more oxygen in the atmosphere back then than there is now?

So my question is: Would dinosaurs today be able to breathe?

What about the smaller dinosaurs like Compsognathus and Velociraptor (which is NOT more than 6 feet tall as shown in the Jurassic Park films >_>)?

Anyway, I call bullshit on this despite the fact that seeing a live dinosaur would be EPIC, especially for a dinosaur nut like me. But, if it's not possible to get live dinosaurs back, why not make a theme park using the same animatronics/puppets as Walking with Dinosaurs Live? Look it up on YouTube, they're amazing!

What about the smaller dinosaurs like Compsognathus and Velociraptor (which is NOT more than 6 feet tall as shown in the Jurassic Park films >_>)?

I'm not saying extra oxygen automatically made everything huge. I'm just saying the upper limit for how large an animal could become was a hell of a lot higher back then.

I'm still questioning if the small dinosaurs would be able to breathe, what with their lungs being developed for a different atmosphere than we have today. I don't know enough about biology to say it'd be impossible, but I do find it hard to believe.

Also cloning.

They still would have had smaller lungs than an animal today of that size would have possessed.

It would be nice to have a theme park based on Dinosaurs, provided that the plant life, animatronics etc used all of the latest research and evidence to recreate as accurately as possible the worlds of the Dinosaurs.

Obviously having real Dinosaurs would be impossible, but that doesn't mean it has to be bad. And at least the man, as crazy as he is, is pouring his money into this, as opposed to, say, a creationist "museum".

Don’t you need something intact from the animal in order to clone it? Pretty much the only thing left of the dinosaurs are fossils, and I doubt there’s not enough blood-gorged mosquitoes in amber around to successfully make a dino.

Is it bad that I really want this to happen?

No it's not. Who doesn't want to see a real live T Rex for the first time ever? Make it happen billionaire dude!