Awoo.

GameTrailers Top 10 Fallen Angels - Sonic, once again, at #1

PSI Wind

Remember the last time we discussed about a GT Top 10 due to Sonic being at the top of Worst Blockbusters?

They've done it again

As the name of the Top 10 implies, once again they're calling Sonic out as the franchise that was once an amazing series, and is now the laughing stalk of the industry........Even though the only truly bad Sonic game was Sonic 06. SEGA's been listening to the complaints that the likes of GameTrailers and IGN and many more have said, fixed them, and what do they do in return? Shoot a dead horse. Multiple times. In the ass.

Fucking hell.......

If they keep doing this, Sonic will never fully dig himself out of the reputation hole.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't spell IGNORANT without GameTr... wait...

Okay, I'm watching this and freaking Bomberman made the list because of ONE bad game. What in the... this is dumb.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 8

Sonic is improving. If they adjust more things, like add optional characters and such, then it would be perfect.

We all know that Sonic won't ever be as popular as he was before, but that doesn't mean he's dead. Sure, he had a rough time a while ago, but he's getting better.

I just.... can't believe people would think this.

Actually, looking at the comments section of the GT video itself, even their own userbase are getting sick of the Sonic bashing.

Oh, and half the other entries on the list, too. This was a very bad idea for a Top Ten to begin with - entirely subjective, and even the subjectivity has shoddy logic.

• Thumbs Up 7

Looks like they're ignoring the fact that we have games like Colors and Generations.

For the record only one of those two games recieved a positive score from Gametrailers.

I'm more upset that the Ratchet series was on it than Sonic.

..Seriously? Have you played A Crack in Time? Like, at all?

They did, and then they played All 4 One.

I'm more upset that the Ratchet series was on it than Sonic.

Seriously?

I'm up with this. Ratchet & Clank 100% does not deserve a place on this list. At all. All 4 One may not have been appealing to the critics and fanbase, but the series is still going strong.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I honestly wasn't even aware Ratchet and Clank still got games. I'd assumed they'd gone the way of Jack, Spyro, and Crash.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

They did, and then they played All 4 One.

Which was obviously flawed but still a fun game and far from a reason to put it on the list with the likes of Crash Bandicoot and Bomberman.

• Thumbs Up 2

Do people really still care about Gametrailers in general?

And yeah, people are still living in 2006. Big news.

• Thumbs Up 2

It doesn't deserve to be number 1, but they aren't totally wrong. Sonic was really big in the 90s, but nowadays his name is mirked with a lot of bad cred. He fell from much higher up then some of those franchise, so it's much more noticeable. He's definitely fallen quite deep, even if he is climbing back up.

Aside from that, besides R&C the list makes sense, even if their reasoning, for the most part, is less then stellar.

Also, they say Sonic was almost a big of name as Mario for decades, but now isn't. You know that whole year.laugh.png

Do people really still care about Gametrailers in general?

Well, if there's one good thing about GT, it's their Pop-Fiction series; a good and informative introduction to some gaming urban myths. But yeah, that's about the only reason I go there.

Also, they say Sonic was almost a big of name as Mario for decades, but now isn't. You know that whole year.laugh.png

You know, while Sonic was definitely pop-culture phenomenon, I wonder, worldwide at least, if this status hasn't been conflated some, because the sales compared to the competing Mario titles and the fact that his gameplay has not been influential or standard in any meaningful capacity in the industry don't reflect this idea that he honestly was on par with Mario.

Edited by Nepenthe

Probably the coldest insult I will give GameTrailers: "once a discriminate jerk about things not being 110% to your liking, always a jerk about imperfection. So quit being FPS Nazis, you baboons!"

I'm more surprised people are acting like it's the end of the world, and that Sonic has never had a bad game in the history of everything. 06 isn't the only bad game in the series despite popular belief.

• Thumbs Up 5

because you can't have a top 10 worst video without Sonic in it. That would break tradition!

But yeah it's gametrailers what do you expect. They've become the new IGN. They want to try and be the cool main gamer central website. And apparently it's still relevant and "cool" to say Sonic sucks.

Again we get it. Sonic has had bad games in the past! but like the rest of the world you gotta keep moving towards the future and what it will bring.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Lol they say he's had bad outings and show the best 3 games (ok they're not amazing but they're not bad) that have come out for Sonic within the past 2 years. tongue.png

Eh, I don't really care, but still reading reactions is funneh.

Edited by Silencer

Hm, nice to see that they're still firmly holding onto their "Top Ten Worst List-Makers in Gaming History" position.

Well shit Komodin, you stopped me from refrencing my own damn joke, im proud of you.

• Thumbs Up 1