Awoo.

GameTrailers Top 10 Fallen Angels - Sonic, once again, at #1

PSI Wind

I'm more surprised people are acting like it's the end of the world, and that Sonic has never had a bad game in the history of everything. 06 isn't the only bad game in the series despite popular belief.

While I think there's some melodrama here, no one's really wondering why Sonic is even on the list in the first place. Some people, including me, are wondering why he's number one beyond it being the popular thing to do when other game series have, you know, actually fucking died. To descend into outright nonexistence is a pretty worse fate than being a recovering Internet laughing stock. Under that stipulation, I probably would put Crash at the top spot... or hell, just Rare in general to be cheeky and bitter at Microsoft.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I think there's some melodrama here, no one's really wondering why Sonic is even on the list in the first place. Some people, including me, are wondering why he's number one beyond it being the popular thing to do when other game series have, you know, actually fucking died. To descend into outright nonexistence is a pretty worse fate than being a recovering Internet laughing stock. Under that stipulation, I probably would put Crash at the top spot... or hell, just Rare in general to be cheeky and bitter at Microsoft.

Wow, yeah, you're completely right.

Banjo-Kazooie should've been number one.

I never said it wasn't a stupid thing to do, just that people tend to overreact about things like this. Even the comments section says it's stupid for Sonic to be on the top.

I never said it wasn't a stupid thing to do, just that people tend to overreact about things like this. Even the comments section says it's stupid for Sonic to be on the top.

Because it is stupid for Sonic to be on the top. The list is terrible for multiple reasons thus the bitter feelings are understandable.

Edited by Nepenthe

I'm just really baffled really. It's not to pick on Sonic they say but then say he's had no good games even though you liked Generations and Episode 2(I think they gave E2 a good score.)The two games you were showing. Not to mention the other game franchises that were more worthy for that spot like Crash, Spyro and FREAKING BANJO.

Face it. They obviously put him at the top to get attention on their video and to be a dick in the process.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I'm still pondering on how the fuck Ratchet made the list. Ignoring the PSP games the series hasn't had a single bad game. Any other mascot could take his place and it would make more sense.

God GT's list are retarded, they really do deserve that "Worst List Makers in Gaming History" award I gave them way back when.

• Thumbs Up 3

Next year, after the reception New Super Mario Bros 2 is getting and its not good at all, I'll be expecting Mario in the list next year, then I'll be less inclined to be petty and immature about this.

Unfortunately I haven't really liked a Sonic game in the last 7 years (except for Sonic Generations but that's a nostalgia fest), so I'm not totally shocked.

I just find it funny they found some reason or another to excuse the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Banjo from the list.

I know other people have said it but, like, what.

At least Sonic is getting somewhere, as slow as the progress may be.

EDIT: Aaaand, this is right under the post explaining it. Goddamn.

Edited by Xenos

Because it is stupid for Sonic to be on the top. The list is terrible for multiple reasons thus the bitter feelings are understandable.

That would be a valid point if this wasn't GT, the god of terrible lists we were talking about.

Edited by Solkia-kun

@Carbo

I'd hardly say a mediocre downloadable title somehow automatically discredits two (or 3 if you fancy Unleashed) good main title games.

Edited by Soniman

I expected Sonic to be somewhere on this list, and Gametrailers really has the least amount of mercy for Sonic compared to other reviewers. But I really couldn't care about Sonic now. This list has some really shitty choices for "Fallen Angels" with like one or two exceptions.

@Carbo

I'd hardly say a mediocre downloadable title somehow automatically discredits two (or 3 if you fancy Unleashed) good main title games.

It kind of does, especially since Generations brought back the same exact gameplay a few months prior. You do well on two games, and then suddenly you throw something like that, it's going to raise a few eyebrows. Sonic Team are inconsistent when it comes to quality, they'll release a slew of good games for a year or two, and then dive right back into mediocrity. Maybe if they can make games that are consistently good then people might not look at Sonic with such disdain.

[T]hey threw themselves right back into the abyss with S4E2 after having two relatively fine games that only stuck to a functional formula.

You know what's the interesting thing about this statement to me? The fact that the two relatively fine games were made by Sonic Team and Sonic 4: Episode II was not.

Coincidence?

It kind of does, especially since Generations brought back the same exact gameplay a few months prior. You do well on two games, and then suddenly you throw something like that, it's going to raise a few eyebrows. Sonic Team are inconsistent when it comes to quality, they'll release a slew of good games for a year or two, and then dive right back into mediocrity. Maybe if they can make games that are consistently good then people might not look at Sonic with such disdain.

Makes me wish they just ditched dimps at this point so this problem wouldn't be so difficult.:/

Makes me wish they just ditched dimps at this point so this problem wouldn't be so difficult.:/

Except for the fact you just pointed out Sonic 4 EP2 had nothing to do with Sonic Team and their efforts.

Kinda funny.

You know what's the interesting thing about this statement to me? The fact that the two relatively fine games were made by Sonic Team and Sonic 4: Episode II was not.

Coincidence?

There we go, if Sonic Team really cared about Sonic's image after doing it good with Unleashed (sorta), Colours and Generations, they would have made Sonic 4 themselves also, or never made it at all if they didn't have the time or money.

Except for the fact you just pointed out Sonic 4 EP2 had nothing to do with Sonic Team and their efforts.

Kinda funny.

Exactly the problem. They should have actually tried themselves to create the long awaited sequel then to just pass it on to a company that barely cares.

Why everytime I leave the boards for a short period of time I come back to it and see a GT top 10 list with Sonic always as #1? huh.png

The list...yeah whatever. Sonic is doing better as of late so I don't really care what they have to say about the series anymore. They're still living in the past.

Edited by sonfan1984

Exactly the problem. They should have actually tried themselves to create the long awaited sequel then to just pass it on to a company that barely cares.

Except it was never the "Long-awaited" sequel to begin with, it started out as a simple 2D title, and then someone got the bright idea to call it Sonic 4 for no fucking reason.

That is where the problem is, not giving it out to Dimps themselves.

• Thumbs Up 2

Except it was never the "Long-awaited" sequel to begin with, it started out as a simple 2D title, and then someone got the bright idea to call it Sonic 4 for no fucking reason.

That is where the problem is, not giving it out to Dimps themselves.

I agree it shouldn't have been S4. I was merely calling the long awaited because at the time that is what sega kept calling it. I don't acknowledge it as S4. Changing it's name would have made people slightly more easy going i agree, but would not change the issues it still suffered from, so I still believe it was because they gave the project to dimps.

I agree it shouldn't have been S4. I was merely calling the long awaited because at the time that is what sega kept calling it. I don't acknowledge it as S4. Changing it's name would have made people slightly more easy going i agree, but would not change the issues it still suffered from, so I still believe it was because they gave the project to dimps.

While it's true giving it to Dimps in the first place is questionable, in the end it still doesn't make any of Sonic Team's efforts any different does it? As a matter of fact, Dimps make Sonic Team look even more competent in comparison.

They gave the project to Dimps, and Dimps fucked shit up, what does this have to do with Sonic Team though?