Awoo.

GameTrailers Top 10 Fallen Angels - Sonic, once again, at #1

PSI Wind

Also was Final Fantasy on the list, if not why?

I've seen you post this twice now... and on every occasion I have no fucking clue what you're talking about or how this relates to Sonic at all.

Final Fantasy was on the list at 9 when it should be a lot closer to 1.

And apparently if any game shares the same gameplay formula as Unleashed, its considered an Unleashed expansion pack, which makes zero fucking sense.

I'm not gonna argue that Sonic shouldn't be on the list, cause he damn well should be. He just shouldn't be 1. Sonic's had a slew of bad games, but he's slowly and steadily making his way back up the totem pole. Unleashed (to an extent), Colors, Generation, and Sonic 4 (to an extent, again) were all good games. If I were to remake the list, Sonic would probably be around 7, and where the hell is Banjo at? He should be on there somewhere.

HAHA OH WOW.

Yes, Sonic was crappy in 2006. Are these guys still stuck in the 00's or something? The games have improved considerably since that time! This is why I hate gamer critics.

Edit: And number 1 is WAY too high for Sonic! Crash or Final Fantasy should be on that spot!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

And apparently if any game shares the same gameplay formula as Unleashed, its considered an Unleashed expansion pack, which makes zero fucking sense.

Oh, that nonsense again? I thought he was trying to say Street Fighter or Marvel vs. Capcom should have been on the list or something.

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait...what in the flying fuck is Ratchet and Clank doing on that list?

That alone makes the entire list bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wait...what in the flying fuck is Ratchet and Clank doing on that list?

That alone makes the entire list bullshit.

I saw that Ratchet and Clank part. And doesn't Splinter Cell have a big game coming out next year. Final Fantasy is and probably always will be the RPG juggernaut.

Here's a thought for everybody. They rated Shadow the Hedgehog 8.8. Sonic Generations was given an 8.1. I love Shadow the Hedgehog, but even I wouldn't give it that.

They rated Shadow the Hedgehog 8.8. Sonic Generations was given an 8.1. I love Shadow the Hedgehog, but even I wouldn't give it that.

They gave Shadow an 8.3 actually.

I'm surprised Banjo Kazooie isn't on there. GT didn't like Nuts n Bolts. I'm also surprised Ratchet is on there. Did they really give up the IP?

Also GT didn't like Colors right? So of all the sonic games this past decade, isn't Generations and Shadow the only one they liked? It still doesn't make sense cause the former they liked.

What a cruddy list. Where's Star Fox? Where's Medal of Honor? Hell, where's Rare in general? That one should be #1.

They gave Shadow an 8.3 actually.

I'm surprised Banjo Kazooie isn't on there. GT didn't like Nuts n Bolts. I'm also surprised Ratchet is on there. Did they really give up the IP?

Also GT didn't like Colors right? So of all the sonic games this past decade, isn't Generations and Shadow the only one they liked? It still doesn't make sense cause the former they liked.

Wasn't Gametrailer the site that has a boner for FPS games? If so, then that's maybe the reason why Shadow the Hedgehog got the score it did; cuz it had guns and swearing in it.

I'm more upset that the Ratchet series was on it than Sonic.

..Seriously? Have you played A Crack in Time? Like, at all?

Wait a minute What?

Ok, now I know without a doubt that GameTrailers is run by a bunch of complete tossers, and they have just lost all respect from me.

Aside from that, as much as this is gonna sound like I'm victimizing Sonic, all these Top Tens seem purposely made to rag on Sonic; usually filling it with a bunch of half-assed excuses to fill out the list so they can spend another minute and a half going "sawnik haz bad gaems guiz!" They did this back in March with "Worst Blockbusters" too.

Edited by Rusty Spy

"Remarkably confusing things with Sonic"

What? I don't find anything confusing with his games

I take it that a lot of you people know about the Ratchet and Clank Collection (which I happily preordered). Apparently Gametrailers has not.

In their defense, Sonic isn't as big as he used to be. Nor do I think he ever will be, at least not for quite some time, because the fanbase is just too damned divided. Never mind the focus on games has shifted from cute and cartoony to omg graphics and realism. It is funny to think that while nowadays Call of Duty and whatnot are the big titles, it was cute characters like Mario, Sonic and Crash who were once in charge of things.

Doesn't change the fact that Sonic bashing has just gotten tiresome, and outright fallacious. I really wish Sega would just stop caring about game reviewing groups because no matter what they do, they always bash Sonic. It's the cultural practice in those circles, and it's time Sega declared cultural warfare.

Really, this whole thing is just making me picture a game where Sonic is the supreme fallen angel, and thus is a demonic overlord or something. Planning to cleanse the world with infernal hordes and re-establish the Hedgehog Order. All while trying to fend off the assassination attempts of his second in command, Herr Bandicoot.

...well. I have fanfiction to write now. Later all! tongue.png

Edited by TaniciusFox

I take it that a lot of you people know about the Ratchet and Clank Collection (which I happily preordered). Apparently Gametrailers has not.

I still have the old collection on PS2.

And regardless of the Collection, the fact that they even acknowledged the R&C franchise should be enough of an incentive to look into the other games. Not every one of their games is as lacking as All 4 One, and even that has it's charms despite me thinking it's not one of their best games.

The reasons are quite obvious. Super Hyper Ultimate Real Bout Sonic Unleashed Alpha EX Special Unchained Gold Turbo Modern Warfare The Movie Arcade Edition, light or no story, no other playables, etc.

Last time I checked, heavy stories and multiple characters were a large part of why critics hated the 3D Sonic games to begin with.

And will you please stop it with the Hyper Unleashed HD stuff. You didn't impress anybody the first time and you're not impressing any of us the tenth time either. I understand you grew up with the blatant mess of inconsistency that was the Adventures/Heroes/06 era, but most people actually consider it a good thing when new games build upon previous gameplay rather than the "start something new every time" thing Sonic Team did for the last decade.

EDIT: Fixed a typo. Had "Sonic Team was did" due to only half-editing what I was trying to say. Now I just feel stupid. ^^;

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 3

Last time I checked, heavy stories and multiple characters were a large part of why critics hated the 3D Sonic games to begin with.

And will you please stop it with the Hyper Unleashed HD stuff. You didn't impress anybody the first time and you're not impressing any of us the tenth time either. I understand you grew up with the blatant mess of inconsistency that was the Adventures/Heroes/06 era, but most people actually consider it a good thing when new games build upon previous gameplay rather than the "start something new every time" thing Sonic Team was did for the last decade.

Not heavy story, just poorly written story with poorly executed characters for us. Although since most game critics seem to have difficulty telling the difference, it probably won't matter anyways.

Edited by Enigmatus
  • Thumbs Up 2

So miru thinks Colours and Generations are Unleashed DLC and is posting complete drivel... so what else is new?

Anyway to be more on topic, I haven't read the article but I guess Sonic was one of the most mainstream that fell the hardest. Sure he's on his feet now, but as much as anyone else says, he will NEVER be as popular or well loved as he was back then, as the games and whatnot are far too divided now, much more than they ever were. I think a lot of people, especially outside the fanbase, would expect it to be as simple as "good games = more popularity" because they're not familiar with the intricacies of the fanbase or the series itself.

On a side note it's the mess left by the Adventure games that drove the series down into it's most fallen state, even if SA1 and SA2 are relatively well received, which is food for thought.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

On a side note it's the mess left by the Adventure games that drove the series down into it's most fallen state, even if SA1 and SA2 are relatively well received, which is food for thought.

There's more to it than that. What about the SEGA Console/add ons that failed to sell like the Mega CD and 32X. The SEGA Saturn also struggled to sell. The Dreamcast started off well enough, but the arrrival of the Xbox and Playstation 2 soon put that in trouble. There's also the games that were cancelled like Sonic-Xtreme, which did not help. This all would have had an effect on the SEGA staff and the quality of their games.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

There's more to it than that. What about the SEGA Console/add ons that failed to sell like the Mega CD and 32X. The SEGA Saturn also struggle to sell. The Dreamcast started off well enough, but the arrrival of the Xbox and Playstation 2 soon put that in trouble. There's also the games that never made it, like Sonic-Xtreme did not help. This all would have had an effect on the staff SEGA had and quality of the games.

That's a good point actually, it's probably more the downfall period starting out much sooner than most people expect. I was purely referring to gameplay and tone decisions rather than the issues on staff and consoles because I don't know enough about it to talk about it in great or correct detail. Sega were pretty silly with the CD/32X/Saturn weren't they?

Edited by Semi-colon e

I can't believe people still say this. Even if you're happy with the modern games, ShtH was crap, Heroes was bad, S4 was garbage, Chronicles was just sad, the storybook games were lame and lamer respectively, and there's plenty of other spinoffs that no one really cares about. This series has had serious problems, not one lone slipup.

That's just your opinion though, Dio. There are actually a lot of people who enjoy these games. Just like there are people who enjoy 06.

The reason '06 is a generally considered a BAD GAME (this is an opinon), is because it was poorly recieved by the majority of the fanbase (and the critics, who basically said "Don't buy the game").

But, screw G.T. I don't let critics dictate what I play.

Sonic is not a fallen angel. He's an angel who tripped up a bit but is climbing back up...

That's just your opinion though, Dio. There are actually a lot of people who enjoy these games. Just like there are people who enjoy 06.

The reason '06 is a generally considered a BAD GAME (this is an opinon), is because it was poorly recieved by the majority of the fanbase (and the critics, who basically said "Don't buy the game").

No, those games are considered bad games because of stupid design decisions, horrible story structure and dialogue, and general issues that just make it hard to find enjoyable.

• Thumbs Up 2

But, screw G.T. I don't let critics dictate what I play.

Sonic is not a fallen angel. He's an angel who tripped up a bit but is climbing back up...

'06 being a bad game isn't an opinion.

After watching this, It's fair to say that GT is a little bit too harsh placing Sonic at the top but they did point out some interesting stuff as they were explaining.

Just because Sonic had a couple of slip ups, doesn't mean it's now a really bad franchise. With games like Colours and Generations these are signs of improvement and it looks like Sonic is about to go back to where he was the first time.

Arguably there are other franchises that should really be on top of the list so I can't see why this is an excuse to place Sonic at number one. Sonoc should be placed way lower than that.

Also I don't take critic's reviews very seriously and I do enjoy playing Sonic 06, despite the glitching and some parts of the storyline which would be inappropriate. I only play the games where I find them fun, exciting, epic and not tedious or bland. IMO I find almost all Sonic games at least fun to play and that's why I think the Sonic franchise is the best and most memorable of them all.

GT can say anything they like but I don't care so let them say whatever. It's their opinion and not stating facts so this is something we can all argue about. Remember never judge the book by its cover.

Wait, GT LIKED ShtH? They liked that PoS, but they didn't like Sonic Colours AND they rated it just a bit higher than Generations?!

tumblrl7p0yuf0ba1qzuz6d.png

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

BREAKING NEWS: GameTrailers puts Sonic at the top of another "Worst of" List.

In other news, Sand is dry and Water is wet.

• Thumbs Up 1