Awoo.

GameTrailers Top 10 Fallen Angels - Sonic, once again, at #1

PSI Wind

Remember the last time we discussed about a GT Top 10 due to Sonic being at the top of Worst Blockbusters?

They've done it again

In other words...

brokenrecord.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

This topic is hilarious. Some list shouldn't effect your thoughts.

You're right, it shouldn't effect our thoughts, but it looks like we can't help but respond when exposed to stupidity, this is no exception seeing 100+ replies in this topic so far.

Looking at the video (and also losing a significant amount of brain cells in doing so) I honestly would of just said "This is stupid," seeing Sonic on this list period, and moved on. But number #1?! I honestly couldn't look past that without saying anything as it kind of felt like a slap in the face. That spot should belong to a franchise that is now obsolete. Once you become nonexistant, you can't fall any further than that, right? The last time I checked, Sonic is not such. He may have had a tough time in the past that people always want to bring up, but Sonic is not dead. He's still around giving us games to play and enjoy every year.

I think this joke of a list with GameTrailers is another case of jumping on the "Sonic Sucks" bandwagon, as bashing him seems to be the popular and cool thing to do among Video Game critics. Things aren't anywhere near perfect, but things have gotten better for Sonic since 2006 for the most part. And Sonic has been around through the good times and bad times, for over 21 years now. I don't think franchises with an iconic character such as Sonic existing that long should be on such a list, especially when things are improving, let alone being #1 on that list. It just doesn't add up and I can't take it seriously, nor can I take GameTrailers seriously for that matter.

One one hand, it's annoying to see GT smack down on Sonic yet again, but on the other hand, i definitely think that Sonic do belong on a list like this. Few video game franchises have gone from being considered among the very best the medium has to offer to instead putting out failure after failure to the extent that this series has.

I would not put Sonic at the number one spot on this list however. Partly because for all his critical failures, Sonic remained highly popular and recognizable, and partly because the series eventuelly did poll itself out of its rot in terms of quality. My own number one pick would probably be Crash Bandicoot. With the series main character going from being considered pretty much one of the Big Three of video game characters (along with Mario and Sonic) to becoming downright obscure among gamers to young to remember his glory days, and with the series itself going from extremely popular and accliamed to barely even existing, i'd say the fall of Crash is probably the hardest fall this medium has ever seen.

Edited by batson

'06 being a bad game isn't an opinion.

'hem. Yes it is. "Good" and "Bad" are always opinions. Some people might like the story, the level design, and perhaps even the glitches (Though I can't think why). It's just that the majority of people don't, hence it's considered a fact.

But, enough of this. Back on the topic: Screw you, Game Trailers!

Well we can still call Sonic 06 and unpolished, unfinished, buggy excuse of a game. That much is fact at least.

Exactly. A game can be very flawed, even if people like it.

Fixed so it fits my liking of Sonic Unleashed. :3

Blaming big stories in Sonic games as one of the reasons why critics hated Sonic doesn't sound right.

It wasn't that they were deep, it was the fact that they were BAD deep stories.

Blaming big stories in Sonic games as one of the reasons why critics hated Sonic doesn't sound right.

It wasn't that they were deep, it was the fact that they were BAD deep stories.

Or just bad in some form or manner. Adventures 1 & 2 had decent plots, but the script was weird, and the acting was questionable. Shadow the Hedgehog just over complicated Shadow's back story and the acting was really shoddy in general, and 06 was convoluted in almost every aspect. Sonic Unleashed had a pretty good story IMO, but it had a weak middle, and kinda left some plots hanging or resolved them too quickly. Colors was okay, but it lacked buildup to the final boss, and had some plot hanging. Generations was simply put, hacked apart, with no middle to speak of, and was a missed opportunity overall due to Sonic Team playing it too safe.

Edited by Enigmatus

Colors was okay, but it lacked buildup to the final boss,

The part where Sonic shoved Tails in an elevator was all the build up I needed.

GT, my friends, isn't even relevant at this point. I say, just forget about these jerks and do your own thing. Let's face it, even their own members don't agree with them.

I wonder if Gametrailers.will.make even more lists just to dig at Sonic.

Oh believe me they will. And it will just lead to them getting hated even more by their members and eventually losing all credibility.

But seriously, Sonic's dark age is over and the "Sonic Sucks" bandwagoning is really getting old.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh believe me they will. And it will just lead to them getting hated even more by their members and eventually losing all credibility.

But seriously, Sonic's dark age is over and the "Sonic Sucks" bandwagoning is really getting old.

I can imagine them now at their offices:

"What Top 10 list should we do next?" "How about Top 10 One Thing that Ruins the Whole Game No Matter How Good It Is?" "Brilliant! Let's put Sonic Generations at the top!" "But sir, one bad final boss doesn't make it a ba--" "I don't care! It's Sonic, therefore it sucks!"

• Thumbs Up 2