Awoo.

Game Grumps

Soniman

To be honest, I don't see much appeal. I haven't watched Jontron, but I've watched Egoraptor and really like him. The thing is, it just feels like another Let's Play channel. Other than the novelty of who's playing, nothing makes it stand out much to me.

Except maybe the orange borders on the gameplay videos. Ugh.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've seen all their videos so far and I can say that their the funniest let's play (Don't care what Egoraptor says It IS a let's play channel) channel ever to grace the interwebz!

I'm a huge fan of both and their senses of humor really blend well together. They could make a joke that doesn't make any sense at all but make it hilarious in their delivery. I'm currently in the middle of their Kirby SNES gameplay and I can't stop laughing.

This is easily my favorite game commentary channel ever (sorry Brainscratch crew). I just love how in sync they are, especially when they burst into song. It's like they share one beautiful brain. They were already some of my favorite people individually (JonTron is my favorite internet personality), and they are just as hilarious together. They make me laugh out loud on a regular basis, something almost no shows can do.

And for the record, I think this is my favorite remix.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've been watching this pretty religiously to be honest, XD. It's fun to watch the two just act so casually while playing games, since it reminds me of the rare times I get to do this with my best friend from back home. Almost every single episode I'm laughing out loud, or damn right losing my shit haha.

Kinda wish they'd hurry up with Emerald though. I have a feeling they won't finish it, but I'd like them to at least pick up the pace a bit. Goof Troop is probably my favorite one to watch, but I'm kinda torn with Kirby too, since every single Kirby one so far has me giggling like a school girl.

I love Egoraptor's stuff, but I'm not very familiar with Jontron.But this should be enjoyable.

Edited by Nick

I like JonTron's reviews and Egoraptor makes some relatively good animations, but it's obviously just another YT Partner acount made with the soul intention of making money and nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like JonTron's reviews and Egoraptor makes some relatively good animations, but it's obviously just another YT Partner acount made with the soul intention of making money and nothing else.

Not even enjoyment? Just because people may want to make money doesn't mean they usually do these things solely for money. And besides, if it brought us something good, who cares why they did it?

• Thumbs Up 4

La dee da don't mind me just embedding this so people without 18+ YouTube accounts can actually watch

Fuck you, Youtube.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since the channel started, these guys have made everyday worthwhile. I dare you to watch an episode without cracking a smile.

Also, because of Game Grumps, I feel super compelled to buy Goof Troop off of ebay right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Its pretty entertainig to see Jon go fucking bonkers over this game.

Ironically, Ive seen him mention Banjo Tooie all of one time during his entire tenure.

I'm not actually a big fan of Banjo Kazooie. I like how the game feels, in regards to movement and pulling off all of your skills. I like how you aren't booted out of a world after completing a single objective, which makes the game flow much smoother than any 3D Mario title. And I think the music is pretty catchy and enjoyable, though nowhere near the level of the DKC games.

However, I absolutely hate, hate, HATE having to collect notes. It's necessary to collect almost all of the notes in every level in order to pass the note doors in Gruntilda's castle. But every time you die in a level, the notes re-spawn and you have collect them all over again if you want to beat your previous note score on that level. This means you have to collect all 100 notes in each level in one life. Now, it's not a particularly challenging game, but dying isn't a foreign occurrence. This is absolutely infuriating game design, and I cannot forgive it. Every time I've tried to play through the game, the notes system has managed to sour the entire experience for me and force me to quit.

I eagerly look forward to Egoraptor discovering this horrifying feature as he plays through the game. He has such a great eye for game design; I can't imagine he will be able to overlook such a flaw.

The notes are maybe my only gripe with the game. Thankfully they improved that in Banjo-Tooie.

I'd be curious to hear Jon's thoughts on Grunty's Revenge. Why has everyone forgotten that game's existence? It wasn't a classic, but it's still more of a true Banjo game then Nuts and Bolts.

Edited by Speederino

I'm not actually a big fan of Banjo Kazooie. I like how the game feels, in regards to movement and pulling off all of your skills. I like how you aren't booted out of a world after completing a single objective, which makes the game flow much smoother than any 3D Mario title. And I think the music is pretty catchy and enjoyable, though nowhere near the level of the DKC games.

However, I absolutely hate, hate, HATE having to collect notes. It's necessary to collect almost all of the notes in every level in order to pass the note doors in Gruntilda's castle. But every time you die in a level, the notes re-spawn and you have collect them all over again if you want to beat your previous note score on that level. This means you have to collect all 100 notes in each level in one life. Now, it's not a particularly challenging game, but dying isn't a foreign occurrence. This is absolutely infuriating game design, and I cannot forgive it. Every time I've tried to play through the game, the notes system has managed to sour the entire experience for me and force me to quit.

I eagerly look forward to Egoraptor discovering this horrifying feature as he plays through the game. He has such a great eye for game design; I can't imagine he will be able to overlook such a flaw.

Egoraptor is a bit too obsessed with retro game design for it to hold much of a significant meaning in quite a lot of games that stand up on their own and he's better at comparing games rather than judging their merits. The part in the video where he criticized the game for locking your moves if you chose to do the tutorial strikes me as a really superficial detail that doesn't really matter and I don't see why it should be marked down as something against it's favor.

Honestly upon my first replay so many years after I first got it, the note collecting in this game really isn't that bad as you can easily breeze through a multitude of the levels with a fair amount of notes that can last you roughly two doors, and this is even setting aside the fact that I completely forgot where most of them were located. By the time I finished the game I didn't even need to collect half the notes in Click Clock Wood and Rusty Bucket Bay to get to the last level. Where it all became a problem though was in Banjo-Tooie where levels were so interconnected, obtuse and filled to the brim with padded content that it embodied some of the worst traits of fifth generation gaming. The upside of games like Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie was that like most games in starting points of generations they focus less on padding and more on concise structure, and BK is probably the most concise and tight 3D platformer crafted on that end as the levels are varied and structured such a way that you reach so many notes easily while on your adventure for Jiggies.

• Thumbs Up 4