Awoo.

Game Grumps

Soniman

I give it say three episodes before Jon gives up like in The Great Cave Offensive.

*sighs* Why can't they play another Sonic game?

Let's review the math shall we?

Because JonTron + Egoraptor + an excruciatingly bad game = a great episode to viewers.

Edited by Balding Spider

Honestly, I hope that they play Unleashed some time after this just so they eventually realize that it isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as this. Every time that I hear Jon lump it on the same pedestal as this monstrosity, my heart sheds a small tear.

• Thumbs Up 4

It isn't anywhere near as bad but if they hate the werehog section and collectings coins then they hate a little over a third of the game :P

Honestly, I hope that they play Unleashed some time after this just so they eventually realize that it isn't anywhere NEAR as bad as this. Every time that I hear Jon lump it on the same pedestal as this monstrosity, my heart sheds a small tear.

I don't think they like Unleashed.

Egoraptor = day time stages

Jon Tron = night time stages.

Not grump enough.

Edited by Purple Heart Neptune

They are not gonna beat this game; the amount of glitch tolerance necessary to do such feat is only found in fans like us.

I wanna see them try to clear Crisis City, and putting up with the load screens all the way to the tornado Mach Speed section, just to lose all their lives and have to start over.

Just seeing their first reaction to a mach speed section in general should be absolute gold. laugh.png

Just seeing their first reaction to a mach speed section in general should be absolute gold. laugh.png

*recalls Wave Ocean*

*that moment where you first learn that the only way to make to the Goal Ring is by aligning Sonic all the way to the left edge of the loop before going through it or death is certain to follow soon after* X_X

Edit:

Skip to 1:00.

Edited by tenchibr

I still need to finish 06 myself.

Kinda stuck on Silvers tropical jungle level

Watching their playthrough now.

I think Game Grumps has redeemed itself for me :)

• Thumbs Up 1

*Sees Sonic 06 vid*

IT BEGINS

And so far, doesn't disappoint. I expect it to be the longest GG series yet, if they're actually serious about finishing this. As the Administrator would say:

"You've activated Mann Up Mode. You poor fools."

Edited by Masaru Daimon

MARIO LAND TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

'Dis is gonna be a goooooood one. LOVE this game. smile.png

Also Krabby:

Edited by chaoscontrol14

There's no way in Hell they'll ever manage to get through Sonic '06. Jon couldn't even get through The Great Cave Offensive, which was just a section of a really good game. And there wasn't even anything wrong with it, he just didn't like it as much as the other games in Super Star. Compared to that, a genuinely bad game like Sonic '06 is just gonna straight up murder him.

They probably won't finish Sonic's story. I doubt they'll even finish Wave Ocean before quitting on it, and even if they do, the save system will cause them to lose their progress and they won't be willing to do any of it again.

And I will not blame them.

• Thumbs Up 2

If the grump quota is enough to satisfy their audience I probably wouldn't see them stopping for the sake of entertainment. Games such as NSMB Wii and Castlevania 3 only grew tedious overtime and it became less earnest grumpage and more arduous grumpage, but if the infamous Pokecapn playthrough managed to be gold all the way through I can see this being the same. Hopefully.

It's probably going to be their longest series ever if they go through with it (padding be damned) and I hope they extend the running time for the parts.

I don't think they like Unleashed.

Jon has taken jabs in the past against Unleashed so I can't see them liking it, but he's been incredibly positive about Colors and Generations. I'm pretty sure he said in one of the Banjo-Kazooie episode that they should do Generations so he seems like a supportive fan.

On the other hand, I recall Ego did an AMA on Reddit around the airing of The Tester 3 where he voiced disinterest in the concept of doing a Sonic Sequelitis on account of never liking the formula of the series and assuming that it went from something that didn't work to begin with to something worse. It's kind of like a reverse of AVGN who said he had never played a bad Sonic game despite him saying that because he doesn't play modern games generally.

Ego in general has a bit of an interesting (read; different) view on game design. He's well versed in the way of articulating his opinions but a lot of his basis easily tend up being somewhat out there. He did two posts a day ago on Tumblr of all places defending his opinion on the distracting subtitle subject brought up in the 06 video. I don't know how controversial that ended up being but he was really defensive and descriptive about that opinion more than I'd expect someone to be about such an issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

I play all my games with subtitles on; I think it's extremely helpful in understanding all of the story, not having to rewind (if you even have that option), or worrying about people talking over the dialogue. It also helps me build my vocabulary and grammar (and being foreign, it surprises me how well I write versus native, subtitle-hating English speakers, but hey, that's irony for you).

I completely disagree with his view on subtitles, but I believe if you absolutely don't like them, you should have the option to disable them, even if it means you will learn less than me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I play all my games with subtitles on; I think it's extremely helpful in understanding all of the story, not having to rewind (if you even have that option), or worrying about people talking over the dialogue. It also helps me build my vocabulary and grammar (and being foreign, it surprises me how well I write versus native, subtitle-hating English speakers, but hey, that's irony for you).

I completely disagree with his view on subtitles, but I believe if you absolutely don't like them, you should have the option to disable them, even if it means you will learn less than me.

From what I've found, there's many subtitles (especially in Sonic games, strangely enough) that are incorrect to what is actually being said in that particular language. Anime is the worst culprit for it with the subtitles ALWAYS being in the original Japanese script rather than the English script for those who want to learn how to read and listen to English. When playing Sonic games, the subtitles seem to differ greatly and are doing the opposite thing that anime do (English script, Japanese language), but what is worse that Sonic games seem to have a habit of not having down what the character has actually said, I think it was Unleashed where I noticed this the most with Chip being the worst culprit as the VA went off to do his own thing instead of read the actual script.

Whether that is clear or not, I don't know. I'm not saying Arin is right or wrong, but the subtitles are often incorrect to the language itself.

Jon and Arin jump through hoops.

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 1