Game Grumps

Soniman

Jak and Daxter is a bad Banjo?????

Uuuuummmmmmm.

Nope, sorry.

/JakandDaxterfanboy

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 3

The sped-up "Escape From The City" parts had me in stitches. This is turning out to be glorious.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, and another sign of Jon and Arin not paying attention. They think they have to grab Sonic to save him, even though he says "Close the gate."

I wonder if Jon still wants to finish the game after they get a game over and have to restart from the very beginning of the game.

... Unless they get lucky and actually beats the speed section, that is.

I wonder if Jon still wants to finish the game after they get a game over and have to restart from the very beginning of the game.

... Unless they get lucky and actually beats the speed section, that is.

I can't wait to see their reaction when they realize that you cannot change directions while in mid-air in the Mach sections.

Jak and Daxter is a bad Banjo, what da fuck Jon!? WAT DA FUCK!? Ah well not the first time I've completely disagreed with him.

Edited by Noel Mu-12 Vermillion

I can't wait to see their reaction when they realize that you cannot change directions while in mid-air in the Mach sections.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. The Mach section is when I realized this game was going to be a complete nightmare from start to finish.

Don't mean to be Captain NoFun, but instead of just posting video links, could we have some words of wisdom with them too (there's always a bunch to say about Game Grumps LOL)? I mean if people want an update they can hit subscribe on Youtube, XD.

• Thumbs Up 1

This episode featuring Escape from the City as made famous by Alvin and the Chipmunks.

The sped-up "Escape From The City" parts had me in stitches. This is turning out to be glorious.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?

Edited by Phos

If they're really serious about completing this 100%, then I imagine we'll be hearing A LOT of City Escape. :P

I fell out of my chair and the headache I once had is now gone.

Don't know if I should be worried.

This will be absolutely without a shadow of a doubt the best GameGrumps playthrough.

Also, looks like they'll be doing Adventure 1 (and/or 2) in the near future.

Ooh, controversy there from Arin!

...Well, not on this forum particularly, but saying that SA1 and SA2 are shit is controversial across other places.

I'd have to disagree with Arin. They aren't shit.

However, they've definitely aged terribly, and show it.

Nowadays, they're mediocre at best.

That moment @ 2:40.

Seriously, I'm expecting to see the word FINALE on one of these videos in the very near future. There is no way they are finishing this.

Ha, jesus it's like in each video I find one thing to outright disagree with Egoraptor or Jontron.

Comparing SA1 and SA2 to 06 is just....just NO.

And his criticisms towards Classic Era Sonic are so......well, it feels like he doesn't really know what he's talking about, at least to me.

Edited by Soniman

I don't care if Arin dislikes Sonic Adventure, really. But saying it's the same as Sonic 2006, particularly the fucking atrocious high-speed section is just...no. It's like saying a pizza you personally dislike is exactly the same as one that's been tossed in a puddle, trampled on, ran over, and shat on by a cat. They might be fundamentally the same thing, but you can't say with a straight face that they would taste the same to you.

• Thumbs Up 3

I partially agree with Arin because SA1 and SA2 are complete messes in their own right.

I also have to agree with Jon when he says that SA1 and SA2 is designed more like what you'd expect from a Sonic game, and that's the reason why it's so much better than 06. 06 is a terrible game through and through no matter how you look at it; Sonic Adventure at least had some solid ideas and good design choices albeit poorly executed.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what I've always wanted with my SEGA? Game Grumps.

You know what that theme needs, a synthesized "Game Grumps" at the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been a while since the last VS episode, so how about...

GRUMPJIRAAAAAAA! GRUMPJIRAAAAAAAAA!

This should be interesting. biggrin.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I said it before, and I will say it again: they lack common sense, and I will add, they don't like to read!

If they spent a quarter of the time reading the mission's objective instead of rushing through it, the videos would carry a lot more content. I hate how it drags because they just bullshit talk and aren't actually playing the game.

It's like watching Star Wars while talking the whole time and complain about how the movie sucks.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm joking around with friends while playing games, we're not exactly prone to reading everything correctly or putting all of our concentration into doing well.

That's probably the biggest draw of Game Grumps for me. The two of them are so casual and chumsy that I don't even mind when they do shit incorrectly. It makes things entertaining.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm joking around with friends while playing games, we're not exactly prone to reading everything correctly or putting all of our concentration into doing well.

That's probably the biggest draw of Game Grumps for me. The two of them are so casual and chumsy that I don't even mind when they do shit incorrectly. It makes things entertaining.

Yeah, I don't think GG is for me; I will still watch it though, but I will try not to comment on that issue any longer.