Awoo.

Game Grumps

Soniman

I for one don't mind the NSMBWii playthrough because I agree with most everything they say XD Yeah it's not the most fun to watch on account of the game being so damn dull, but if I wanted a legitimate, serious Let's Play I wouldn't be watching Game Grumps.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they can fucking make a NES game based on Jeporady entertaining and fun to watch, then they can sure as hell do the same for a Co-op Mario game.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they can fucking make a NES game based on Jeporady entertaining and fun to watch, then they can sure as hell do the same for a Co-op Mario game.

This is kind of straw man-ish considering how blurred the comparison is. There isn't that much that really happens worth talking about in NSMB compared to most other games they played. The one exception would be Secret of Mana but that didn't do much to them either which is why they seem to have dropped it.

I can see them doing the same to this as all the videos were clearly recorded in one sitting, and despite them claiming the game was "fun", overall the quality had little to do with their commentary. They were working on Conker's Bad Fur Day which is widely considered a fantastic game, but the commentary didn't really go anywhere. What they'll do with NSMB really depends on how it goes once the two examine the feedback and record the next batch of videos.

On another note they've been asking on Facebook for good co-op games so I dunno if they're going to continue with the NSMB Wii line of videos. I'm glad if they lay it down actually. Despite me enjoying it, if they don't really end up having fun it kind of dissipates the experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fun co-op games, huh? I guess a Castle Crashers LP would be pretty coo-

brb goin' to their Facebook to make a request~

I would say Crash Bash would be a fun co-op, but I don't know if either one are fans enough to know that game.

Fun co-op games?

Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Do it.

I think that one is inevitable since Jon loves it so much.

Good co-op games...perhaps Zelda: Four Swords? It would be like watching more Goof Troop =D Honestly though I just want them to start the Animal Crossing playthrough because OMG THAT IS STILL THE GREATEST IDEA EVER!

Edit: Waitwait did I say Four Swords? Fuck that, I mean Mario Party. Any of them, they're all the same.

Edited by Original Character Blonic

I'd like to see some Mario Party action. 2 seems to be a fan favorite. As for Co-Op games, there are a few I can think of. Rayman Origins, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Castle Crashers, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, Final Fight, Streets of Rage...

Edited by Crow T. Robot

DogTron and MegaRaptor burn down a forest.

Also, more Emerald hijinks.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am so glad I came home from work to find that waiting on my Youtube homepage. I've spent the past week watching the Mega Man 7 episodes and the Proto Man bit is probably what I laughed hardest at. I mean seven asses is funny and all but imagining Doctor Light saying "When did I say it was okay to listen to him? Fucking when?" is just hilarious.

On the show as a whole, it's alright. It's funny every now and then and I'll probably watch more now that I've finished the MM7 episodes but it's not something I'll follow religiously.

Aww man JonTron should've been Beat and done the glowing red eye effects like Jock.

Let the final Jeopardy battle begin!

Also, more Pokeymanz with Torkoal.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

There have also been some fan animations similar to Egoraptor's own.

Probably would have helped recommendations had they spelled Grump normally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally they explain what their issues they have with this game in a clear manner.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly I'm done with their NSMBW playthrough, I find just as boring to watch as it is to play. :/ Even with Jon and Ego.

Despite me initially enjoying the NSMB vids but growing a bit weary of waiting for the batch of first videos to run out, I think this episode was rather good on its own. It reminded me a bit of their LTTP videos in that it provides material worth discussing about rationally. Churning out the baseless criticisms was good for one or two episodes but they kind of painted themselves into a corner with the estimate so I'm glad that they're promising less critical analysis of this kind of caliber further on.

I think most people just want them to play Rayman Origins at this point though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Personally I kind of like hearing them being more analytical from time to time. They said themselves that they don't consider Game Grumps to be exclusively a comedy show. The way I see it, with the variety of games they play, there's plenty of room for a variety of commentary styles.

I agree that comedy should be the focus, but if they want to spend a few playthroughs analyzing things instead, I have no quarrels. Until they diss a game I love THOSE BASTARDS!!!

Edited by Original Character Blonic

Did anyone else hear Ego say he likes Other M? I'm glad the nuttier Metroid fans on youtube didn't hear that or they'd skewer him.

More Banjo with Capn' Jontron and EgoBelcher.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

They've kinda screwed themselves over in Emerald. Why would they not evolve the Torchic? That means no Double Kick if they do choose to evolve it and it doesn't learn another fighting type move until freakin lvl 50.

Yes! Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, YEEEESSSSS!!!

I haven't even watched it yet but YES!

• Thumbs Up 3

I got way too excited when I saw the Animal Crossing video on my homepage. It'll probably end up being my favorite playthrough because they don't really have to pay attention and they can just goof off. First video was great and they didn't even start anything.

"Hey Duck, your hair looks FUCKIN' AWESOME!"

In addition to their trip to Athens, we also have sum moar EMEROWDS!