Awoo.

Where are the new Jazwares figures

AgentSilver96

I don't understand last year when the 20th anniversary figures came out they were out by the end of June. We still don't even know what rouge lpols like.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to toy websites the new figures should be out this month...aaaaaand I don't buy that for a second.

Jazwares are really starting to piss me off. They firstly said characters like Charmy and Rouge would be out early last year, then they had to backpedal on that claiming the 20th line messed up their schedule (even if the 20th line was mostly old sculpts with poorly made/painted badniks I guess this can be an excuse) but then they just went off the radar and seemed like they changed their Facebook PR guy (to a big douchebag it seemed) who liked to troll people asking legitimate questions. Then recently they've just been dodging all questions on Sonic figures altogether.

Seems fishy to me.

Meanwhile we're all waiting for figures that were supposed to be out a year and a half ago, and the fact we haven't even seen a prototype or anything of Charmy and Rouge isn't very comforting for figures that are supposedly out this month. Jazwares need a boot up their butt if you ask me.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1

1. We have a in the Market Place.

2. The Team Chaotix pack (With Charmy!), Sonic/Blaze comic pack, Shadow/Rouge comic pack, and Figures with Accessories assortment are currently scheduled for release this month.

According to toy websites the new figures should be out this month...aaaaaand I don't buy that for a second.

Jazwares are really starting to piss me off. They firstly said characters like Charmy and Rouge would be out early last year, then they had to backpedal on that claiming the 20th line messed up their schedule (even if the 20th line was mostly old sculpts with poorly made/painted badniks I guess this can be an excuse) but then they just went off the radar and seemed like they changed their Facebook PR guy (to a big douchebag it seemed) who liked to troll people asking legitimate questions. Then recently they've just been dodging all questions on Sonic figures altogether.

Seems fishy to me.

Meanwhile we're all waiting for figures that were supposed to be out a year and a half ago, and the fact we haven't even seen a prototype or anything of Charmy and Rouge isn't very comforting for figures that are supposedly out this month. Jazwares need a boot up their butt if you ask me.

We didn't see any prototypes for the most of the figures in the anniversary line and THOSE still came out.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

1. We have a in the Market Place.

2. The Team Chaotix pack (With Charmy!), Sonic/Blaze comic pack, Shadow/Rouge comic pack, and Figures with Accessories assortment are currently scheduled for release this month.

We didn't see any prototypes for the most of the figures in the anniversary line and THOSE still came out.

Well they did show the placeholder boxart for them, and it was a rather long time after that when they came out (so expect a long wait on the currectly announced ones. If you think just because its announced on a toy website as coming out this month that it HAS to then you'd be assuming too much I'm certain that delays can take place without them informing the toy companies and this is Jazwares we're talking about. Exatcly how long has it been since they said these figures were "coming soon" ?) Plus had they shown us prototypes for the 20th line I doubt there would've been much ethusiasm for them anyways seeing as they were just old scultps with really poorly made accessory badniks. I always figured that's why they never bothered with showing them off.

Too bad Adventure Time is more popular than Sonic, Jazwares announces anything AT related and BOOM! It's out a week or 2 later (the Marceline plush they showed off on their Facebook not too long ago is already available in stores)

I'm checking my TRU on a weekly basis again but the first sightings will be on eBay again

And it's rather sad when a company can't be the first ones to show off their cool new product and people who want to buy their stuff have to rely on spotting it on eBay. Jazwares need some better PR I think.

Well they did show the placeholder boxart for them, and it was a rather long time after that when they came out (so expect a long wait on the currectly announced ones. If you think just because its announced on a toy website as coming out this month that it HAS to then you'd be assuming too much I'm certain that delays can take place without them informing the toy companies and this is Jazwares we're talking about. Exatcly how long has it been since they said these figures were "coming soon" ?) Plus had they shown us prototypes for the 20th line I doubt there would've been much ethusiasm for them anyways seeing as they were just old scultps with really poorly made accessory badniks. I always figured that's why they never bothered with showing them off.

I'm not saying that a delay can't happen. All I said was that they're currently scheduled to be released this month on multiple sites. Plus, last I checked, we got placeholder box art for the Chaotix pack a while back at Toy Fair (Around the same time last year that we got placeholder box art for the anniversary line.), so your "long wait after the proto boxes" theory shouldn't really apply anymore.

Also, you seem to be forgetting that there were also a couple of brand new classic figures in the anniversary line that they didn't show any prototypes for that would've gotten people plenty excited. The entire line wasn't just a bunch of old sculpts plus Badniks. The classic figures were pretty much the main draw. Heck, I'd imagine even seeing the prototype Badnik sculpts for the first time would've still made people go crazy with hype. (Even if they were to be disappointed by the final product.) Plus, that's not even counting that 5 inch Super Sonic pack that absolutely no one saw coming. There were plenty of things in the anniversary line that they could've teased.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Well I think there behind schedule. Because if they were ready to release these products, at least they could've showed us something and stop being so secretive about everything. It makes me hate them more, to the fact it takes them so long just to get the license to make a figure. Like instead of shadow and rouge comic pack, it could've been omega and rouge comic pack. Just rebuying something that you don't want us just plain retarded.

Well, if you think about it, the real Jazwares sources haven't even announced most of these figures, if they're gonna quietly release figures like this, let them take their time. It's not like they're being forced to even make Sonic figures.

• Thumbs Up 2

As for the duplicates, that's how a lot of toy companies work. They always bundle a popular, well known character with the more obscure ones to ensure sales among the casual consumers. That's why a lot of Marvel Universe 2-packs have either Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Captain America in them and why DC Universe Classics went online only with only the well known All-Stars like Superman and Batman getting retail releases.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

I cannot believe Jazwares made Wave, Big, Silver, and Storm before Blaze. The figures are also very fragile. I don't really like them. If I were in charge, I would give the licence to say... Hasbro, Bandai, or Mattell and have them make Blaze first before Silver, and make some variants of her, and release Silver in a 3-pack with Metal Sonic and Rouge. Big, Wave, and Storm would be online-only or not made at all.

I cannot believe Jazwares made Wave, Big, Silver, and Storm before Blaze. The figures are also very fragile. I don't really like them. If I were in charge, I would give the licence to say... Hasbro, Bandai, or Mattell and have them make Blaze first before Silver, and make some variants of her, and release Silver in a 3-pack with Metal Sonic and Rouge. Big, Wave, and Storm would be online-only or not made at all.

And that is one reason why, no offense, I'm glad you're not in charge.

I get it, you like Blaze, and I can understand the reasoning behind wondering why less popular characters in the fanbase get made before th more obscure ones, but what good would come from not making characters at all? There are obviously fans of them, and they'd feel like you do about not having a Blaze figure only about say Big or someone else.

As a fan of ALL the Sonic cast I'm glad they've made Big, Wave and Storm, I'm happy with the products Jazwares make (well maybe not the paint jobs and some joint issues, but their sculpts are perfect) I just wish that Jazwares would hurry up with making these new figures, its been so long since they announced the ones that should've been out by now and to make it worse they dont even release any info like prototypes or finished products that would appease us for a bit before they actually are released. Seems to me like they just keep on taking on licenses for other figures yet they dont have the amount of workers to make it all in a decent time. They either need to stop taking on licenses or hire more people.