Awoo.

Teen Titans Go! (New 2013 Animated Series)

Johnny Boy

The main reason this revival exists in the first place is because fans wouldn't shut up about wanting a continuation when there was already a show going on that filled that niche. To avoid conflicting interests and straight up repeating the same exact subject matter in a single block, they instead threw the fans a bone the best way they could by making it a gag series. Makes sense to me. Seriously, you have YJ which does TT but way better (no anime bullshittery)

And let's just recall how long the original show lasted

5 seasons, 63 episodes + A tv movie + a spinoff comic that lasted 5 issues longer than initially planned

Most shows don't get nearly that, even without getting screwed by the network. And now you're complaining because a spin off series (which most shows don't get either) isn't a full on revival. Just calm down, wait and see if the show is good. The Ultimate Spider-Man comparisons are fucking retarded, for starters entirely different production crew and writers leads to most likely better written humor and stuff (considering how USM is literally Teen Titans: Marvel Edition, i'm surprised you guys didn't eat it up, guess it's understandable considering it has no depth or real overarching plot like TT)

The main reason this revival exists in the first place is because fans wouldn't shut up about wanting a continuation when there was already a show going on that filled that niche. To avoid conflicting interests and straight up repeating the same exact subject matter in a single block, they instead threw the fans a bone the best way they could by making it a gag series. Makes sense to me. Seriously, you have YJ which does TT but way better (no anime bullshittery)

And let's just recall how long the original show lasted

5 seasons, 63 episodes + A tv movie + a spinoff comic that lasted 5 issues longer than initially planned

Most shows don't get nearly that, even without getting screwed by the network. And now you're complaining because a spin off series (which most shows don't get either) isn't a full on revival. Just calm down, wait and see if the show is good. The Ultimate Spider-Man comparisons are fucking retarded, for starters entirely different production crew and writers leads to most likely better written humor and stuff (considering how USM is literally Teen Titans: Marvel Edition, i'm surprised you guys didn't eat it up, guess it's understandable considering it has no depth or real overarching plot like TT)

"Stop complaining you're lucky to have this in the first place"

And that means we can't dislike the direction they decided going with this?

I'm all for waiting to see if it's any good, but from what we know it's really not very appealing to me.

• 4 months later...

So how Young Justice ended...

Wally died, Static joins the team, Nightwing retires, oh and fucking DARKSEID!

GODDAMMIT!

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 3

Saw the commercial for TTG during Young Justice today.  Needless to say, it looks... interesting?  I kind of hope it's a half hour show done in two 15 minute segments (half episodes).  I just think it would work better in shorter format.

Edited by Snatcher2047

This is worse than Ultimate Spider-man cartoon. I mean USM may have misrepresenting the theme, nature, and overall character interpretation of the character, but fuck, it was made after Sony released the rights to Disney so they couldn't keep Spectacular. In this case, Cartoon Network is intentionally swapping out quality for stupidity.

Quality is right, this new series's animation doesn't even look on par with the TT shorts they have been airing more/less on par with TT itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw the commercial for TTG.... 

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?

Just saw the commercial for TTG.... 

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?

A significantly more comically focused take on/continuation of(?) Teen Titans. Whether or not that focus will serve as a benefit or a detriment to the show's overall appeal... well, we'll see in due time. 

I really liked the original Tean Titans series. Ironic that I loved Terra so much in the original series and I read how horrible she is in the comics.

Either way, I'm not sure I like the premise of this show. I like the idea of a followup to Teen Titans, but this doesn't sound like it'll turn out very well. Pretty much like they're throwing out everything that was good in the original series.

(On that note, I LOVED the anime-style graphics from the original series. Nothing wrong with having more western graphics on Young Justice, but its nice for them to mix things up on occasion.)

Well I did kind of like the staff thing with Robin, but...that doesn't make up for what this entire thing entails.

• 2 weeks later...

Horrible. Simply terrible for me.

Cons:
The animation was on par with Johnny Test, another case of "Flash used horribly wrong"
There was no action, but that was to be expected.
There was something resembling a plot, but it was too thin for me to recognize it.
There were way too many MLP references in the first episode ( I understand Raven is voiced by Tara Strong, but seriously, everytime Raven showed up, she was watching MLP)
The characters were OOC too. VERY Out of character.
The humor wasn't very good.
The new intro isn't good.
This show isn't good, I'm sorry but it really isn't.

Pros:
The only good thing was Robin. Whatever jokes Robin said/did, got a little chuckle or smile from me. Two episodes in and it's easy to tell that he'll be holding this show up.
The original VA's still got it.
Return of Mother Mae Eye. I completley forgot about her and thought that was a nice cameo.

Verdict:
This show isn't Teen Titans. It's a (and I use this in the loosest term) "Comedy" show for kids that uses the characters from Teen Titans.
Sans setting, characters and voices, this was nothing like Teen Titans at all. It was terrible for me. Even when I tried to watch it as not Teen Titans but "it's own show", it was still pretty bad.

See this show I was talking about right This is good.
This new show? It's not good.

Also interview with show's creators

• Thumbs Up 1

It was on? Fuck I missed it.

Apparently you can count yourself lucky.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw the first episode, 

Well, I find the show funnier than most of Cartoon Networks crap like Looney Tunes and Gumball, that and it's chill to hear the old voice cast again. 

BUT still not my cup of tea.

Eh, I think it is pretty okay for the most part and I found some parts funny, not as good as Gumball yet I find it better than New Looney Tunes Show. At least, it's tolerable than Johnny Test (and why this series is still running and getting new episodes is beyond me).

Edited by AdventChild

There is nothing funny about tired sitcom plots when you put superheroes into them. Mad TV does that already to a craptacular degree.

Sending Robin shopping for groceries isn't amusing because nothing happens. It's a premise without a joke or a gag beyond waiting in line which is just as boring in here as in real life. The same plot on Regular Show had the characters go on a journey together for the sandwich and overcome adversity.

Likewise, Beast Boy getting a job is a premise that is never delivered on or explored in any depth. Cyborg is really an incredible asshole to him for having to work a shift at his party and drops food and broken glass everywhere. If somebody did that to me at my job they would never be my friend again.

Edited by Get Over Here

I'm trying to imagine both these episodes, with the original art and characters, and I find it near impossible. Anyone else? This is mainly due to how OOC the characters are.

God only knows what they'll do to the darker characters of the series...

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Pretty stupid show, compared to the original Teen Titans, WHICH WAS AWESOME. The first episode starts out with Raven watching Pretty Princess Ponies,an obvious parody of MLP, which is a bad start already. (I'm kidding, don't hurt me), and then the 3 males of the group come and discuss how awesome Robin's sandwiches are, and eat messily, which annoys Raven. So she plans to get rid of them by sending the three of them (and StarFire) on a wild goose chase for a legendary sandwich she thinks doesn't actually exists. It turns out to be real, and Beast Boy, Cyborg and Starfire all have to fight giant monsters in order to get the ingredients. Meanwhile, Robin is stuck at a supermarket waiting for them to call his very late number. They gather all the ingredients, then come back to Raven's surprise, and argue over who gets the first bite of the sandwich. Then, Starfire's pet silkworm eats the sandwich, regurgitates it, and Robin concludes it's not a good sandwich, and asks if they'd want to watch Pretty Princess Ponies.

I just watched it right now with my girlfriend who recorded the show. It was surprisingly good, and I was suprised it actually made me laugh. It might not be like the original show, but it certainly has enough charm to be good on its own. Then again, I like Gum ball and the Looney Tunes Show too...so yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

After watching the first episode, I thought it was just ok. While it was nice to have the original voice cast back, I personally preferred the original show more.

Personally, I still find gumball better than this show when it comes to humor.

Is this show that bad? (I hated Gumball.)

Well...I just saw it. All I can say is...eh. No love, no hate. Kind of like my emotions with Epic Mickey. I don't hate it, I don't find it boring, but I don't love it to death. I just don't wanna do it. And yes I prefer the old show and the movie over this new show.