Awoo.

Teen Titans Go! (New 2013 Animated Series)

Johnny Boy

I know I'm a bit late to the conversation, but...

This is all I have seen of this show. 

http://youtu.be/LkNrxQ-4JlI

I watched the original, I loved it. This? While I don't hate the art style as much as some do, I certainly cannot say the same for the script and the humour within. 

There is little room for error when you bring back the original voice cast. Unless, y'know, you write a bad script?

I don't find this funny. [in a good way anyway] It's either hilariously bad or borderline awkward. I really can't tell. Although it's probably just that scene, unless someone wishes to correct me. 

I don't think I'll be following this past what I have seen.

Yeeaaah...I think I'll be seldom viewing this show now.

btw, your sig is hilarious dude.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, so, I didn't even bother watching the first episode. As soon as I saw that it was animated in Flash, it lost all appeal for me. But this...

WOOOOOOOOW.

"hey guise look STARFIRE IS QUOTING INTERNET SLANG AND TALKING IN THIS REALLY STEREOTYPICAL MANNER THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT LAUGH NOW PLS"

"ROBIN FLEXED HIS BUTT BUTTS ARE FUNNY AREN'T THEY BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS"

"AND LOOK AT HOW BEAST BOY TURNS INTO THINGS THAT'S SO HILARIOUS AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

"and like LIKE THEN CYBORG HAS A PUPPY HAND LOOK ISN'T IT FUNNY HOW THIS TOUGH GUY CHARACTER HAS A SOFT SPOT FOR CUDDLY ADORABLE THINGS HAAAAAAAA"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just...wow, okay, WOW.

I can't even WOW

And people tell me Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time had cringe worthy jokes.

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH "WOW"s

And you know what? I think the fact that it's using the original voice actors is the most insulting thing about it. It's not only a slap in the face to the original show but...I can't help but feel like it's just so far below all of them, too.

Teen Titans was seriously one of the few action-oriented cartoons I really loved as a kid, but this...THIS...

Saw the first episode, 

Well, I find the show funnier than most of Cartoon Networks crap like Looney Tunes and Gumball, that and it's chill to hear the old voice cast again.

Don't even

How could you even say that

This is like the equivalent of one of those Genie wishes that you asked for but it comes out a way you weren't expecting at all.

People who wished for more Teen Titans? Well you got it, congratulations.

Fuck everything.

• Thumbs Up 4

I can say that I don't really like this show, but it's not bad enough to be worth hating.

TBH Cyborg is kinda funny at least. 

This is like the equivalent of one of those Genie wishes that you asked for but it comes out a way you weren't expecting at all.

Coincidentally, that seems to be the attempted plot of the clip. 

Man, genies kinda suck, don't they?

I know I'm a bit late to the conversation, but...

This is all I have seen of this show. 

http://youtu.be/LkNrxQ-4JlI

I watched the original, I loved it. This? While I don't hate the art style as much as some do, I certainly cannot say the same for the script and the humour within. 

There is little room for error when you bring back the original voice cast. Unless, y'know, you write a bad script?

I don't find this funny. [in a good way anyway] It's either hilariously bad or borderline awkward. I really can't tell. Although it's probably just that scene, unless someone wishes to correct me. 

I don't think I'll be following this past what I have seen.

.... What the hell did I just watch?

Say what you want about the original Teen Titan's humor, but at least it wasn't this cringe worthy.  Hell, I feel really dirty for saying this, but this makes Ultimate Spiderman look like comedy gold. At least Ult. Spiderman made me chuckle or smile in some parts. This on the other hand... I didn't even crack a smile, I just sat at my desk wondering how in the hell people would find Robin flexing his ass and Starfire talking like Facebook user hilarious.

Just... UUUUUUGGGGHHHH. I can safely say that the original Teen Titan's was probably one of my favorites during my early Teen years, and (as I've said before) was a huge influence a comic I'm working on. This... this is Just... painful to watch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mediocre comedy that barely meshes. Okay, cool, fine.

The problem for me isn't really that it's shit, it's the problem I have with Starfox Adventures and Tales of Symphonia DotNW: It has nothing to do with the franchise they're associating it with. They merely used Teen Titans as a means of easy marketing for this crap. 

• Thumbs Up 4

It's moments like this where I really miss Young Justice, and I didn't even watch that all that much.

This show has got to be set in an alternate universe considering that beast boy is eating meat, and -they are not remembering the villans they fought before.

I think this was said to be a complete reboot, which makes sense considering the latest clip that has them forgiving/liking the demon that almost destroyed mankind and the Earth.

Don't forget guys, the creators of this show said that if this is recieived positivley, they'd like to do this to other DC Superheroes.

And knowing how kids'll eat up anything these days

Get ready to see Justice League GO!

Maybe it's because I wasn't a super-huge fan of the original carton, but I feel like are the people who feel "insulted" are overreacting. It's just another bad cartoon, not the end of the bloody world.

• Thumbs Up 1

What DID happen with those? The animation style is actually similar to the actual show, not the subpar flash garbage we ended up getting.

What DID happen with those? The animation style is actually similar to the actual show, not the subpar flash garbage we ended up getting.

Similar? no its the same, only difference is the SD style the characters have.

Not only that it keeps the voice actors that were used, still uses the same universe TT set up but adds comedy to it, and has enjoyable humor.

Fuck I want this instead, this is what I thought we were getting until I saw TTGO!. these shorts make TTGO! look like fucking crap.

EDIT: Ok, this ticks me off more.

The shorts did the same fucking plot concept as that clip above and did it right!:

GO! Doesn't even have original plotlines. Ugh...

Edited by goku262002

I personally find Go to be pretty fun, pretty enjoyable, i'm not that attached to OG TT so i find it fine as a standalone comedy series spinoff, i can understand the annoyance if people were expecting a continuation of the series, or find the humor unfunny, etc. yeah it's fine to criticize it. Claiming that it rapes your childhood and somehow retroactively ruins the original series, yeah that's bullshit and you're dumb. If anything, the fact that this IS a parody gives it more leeway, meaning you can retcon whatever and ignore canon stuff for the sake of situations based on pre established character and their personalities. It's basically having cool funny stuff while not messing up the originals. 

Duh money reasons, it's the same production team and writers and everything on the OG series, DCN shorts, and now TTG, CN just would rather cheap out on the animation (the art style is cute but the animation really is pretty meh)

• Thumbs Up 1

If anything, the fact that this IS a parody

Holy crap, this thing already has people doing the parody retcon thing. That's gotta be some kind of record.

meaning you can retcon whatever and ignore canon stuff for the sake of situations based on pre established character and their personalities

Alright, I'll bite. If you're aiming for character-based humor, then why would you reduce their character traits to such a degree? So far, all the GO Titans seem pretty interchangeable with a number of kids' show characters. There's not enough of the original characters to make them any more distinct. Heck, replace all the characters in that newest GO clip with corresponding character archetypes from say, Adventure Time, and there'd be no difference.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 4

Heck, replace all the characters in that newest GO clip with corresponding character archetypes from say, Adventure Time, and there'd be no difference.

Funny you should menction that since Hynden Walch voices both Starfire and Bubblegum.

Funny you should menction that since Hynden Walch voices both Starfire and Bubblegum.

Actually, the comparison came to mind because of this:

Recycled Script: The ending of "Legendary Sandwich" bares a lot of resemblance to Princess Bubblegum's story in the first "Five Short Graybles" episode of Adventure Time. Both stories involve the characters going to painstaking lengths to create the perfect sandwich only for it to be chewed up and spat out by someone who didn't appreciate it.

Well compared with that and the clip I posted above, I have a feeling that this show is going to have allot of recycled plots we have already seen elsewhere.

Well compared with that and the clip I posted above, I have a feeling that this show is going to have allot of recycled plots we have already seen elsewhere.

The amount of recycled materiel would be a bit disappointing in a show three times as long as this one. It's a bit sad, to be honest.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Sonic Colors of Teen Titans.

To be honest, I found that clip pretty funny. Is it stupid pop culture humor? Yes, yes it is but I don't think its "ZOMG RUINED FOREVER" you guys are making it out to be. The original Teen Titans was more plot based, but it should have been obvious since this was announced that this wasn't going to be that.

I need ya'll need to take your hater glasses off and take a chill pill,

• Thumbs Up 1