Awoo.

Teen Titans Go! (New 2013 Animated Series)

Johnny Boy

To be honest, I found that clip pretty funny. Is it stupid pop culture humor? Yes, yes it is but I don't think its "ZOMG RUINED FOREVER" you guys are making it out to be. The original Teen Titans was more plot based, but it should have been obvious since this was announced that this wasn't going to be that.

I need ya'll need to take your hater glasses off and take a chill pill,

I don't want to hate this show. I don't want to hate any show. It's not as if I decided day one that this was going to be terrible; worried and skeptical, yes, but I didn't want to hate it. However, I have been presented with banal humor, lack-luster character designs/animation, and characters bordering on one-dimensional. What, exactly, is there for me to like about this show thus far?

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 2

T-Man and Soma pretty much nailed it, yes we hate the show, we hate it because it makes a mockery of the original Teen Titans and instead opts for unoriginal shit comedy that just happens to have the Teen Titans cast in it just so it can boost ratings.

It's just an bad show, nothing more to it.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Sonic Colors of Teen Titans.

To be honest, I found that clip pretty funny. Is it stupid pop culture humor? Yes, yes it is but I don't think its "ZOMG RUINED FOREVER" you guys are making it out to be. The original Teen Titans was more plot based, but it should have been obvious since this was announced that this wasn't going to be that.

I need ya'll need to take your hater glasses off and take a chill pill,

It's not that I hate this show, I find it to be a very big step down from the original TT show and I just...don't know how to address it right now. It's in the neutral zone mostly because I haven't seen anything past episode 2. And the people that do hate it have a reason, they are the more hardcore fans than me.

why aren't we allowed to hate on things we actually hate for reasons that are actually justified actually

It's not just that it's unfunny. It's that it has nothing to do with what Teen Titans actually is aside from featuring dumber versions of the characters.

Also, humor is a very subjective thing. Are we suddenly not allowed to find this crap cringe worthy?

Sweet Lord, every time this happens, someone's always gonna come in all "YOU KNOW YOU GUYS ARE REALLY OVERREACTING" as if we're all idiots for being annoyed with this annoying thing. Put things into perspective for once. Maybe it doesn't seem so bad to you, but for a lot of the people who grew up with the original show and probably even the comics that predate said show, this is a moronic parody whose heart is in the wrong place, and it's nowhere near funny enough on its own to make up for it.

OH come off the bitch fit dude. I get all of you don't like this show, but everyone is acting like its raped your puppy and kicked you in the nuts.

I'm not saying you can't hate this show, I'm saying stop treating it like its the worst fucking thing ever.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 2

OH come off the bitch fit dude. I get all of you don't like this show, but everyone is acting like its raped your puppy and kicked you in the nuts.

I'm not saying you can't hate this show, I'm saying stop treating it like its the worst fucking thing ever.

When did we EVER say that? I think you're the one who is playing up our complaints and making them look worse than they actually are.

• Thumbs Up 4

I would say it kicked me in the nuts(metaphorically), but DotNW basically made mine shrivel up and fall off (metaphorically) so that's not really possible.

When did we EVER say that? I think you're the one who is playing up our complaints and making them look worse than they actually are.

Its called a hyperbole man, jeez =\

And yes, one clip, just one clip and suddenly the entire show is terrible? Are you kidding me?

I could understand better if the show was out for like a few weeks, but it hasn't even been a month.

I also wanna note, I'm not defending the show but calling out the massive amount of hatred produced by just a clip, not even a full episode.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 1

A Clip is supposed to represent what they're trying to get you to watch. Either they made a really shitty choice of a clip to show or it's safe to assume this is a good representation.

I also wanna note, I'm not defending the show but calling out the massive amount of hatred produced by just a clip, not even a full episode.

I judge things on insignificant amounts of evidence, it's one of my hobbies.

Edited by Solkia

A Clip is supposed to represent what they're trying to get you to watch. Either they made a really shitty choice of a clip to show or it's safe to assume this is a good representation.

That and judging from the reactions of the first episode, I say it's safe to assume as well.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but all I'm saying is cool the hate train.

I'm not saying you can't dislike the show, by all means tear it apart, but I prefer something more constructive than "UGH, THIS SHIT IS SO BAD"

I stated why I hate it, too lazy to check if anyone else did.

(I know you weren't targeting anyone specifically, just saying it in general)

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but all I'm saying is cool the hate train.

I'm not saying you can't dislike the show, by all means tear it apart, but I prefer something more constructive than "UGH, THIS SHIT IS SO BAD"

Well like I said, I don't hate the show. I can't pass any judgements yet, it's in the middle right now. In fact it works like this for me;

ftvQ80u.jpg

I'll have to see more of it,(whenever I choose to watch it that is...) to make any solid decision of how I feel about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still have that stupid pie song stuck in my head. Come on, the pie song was the best thing about the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

All I'm saying that with the same concept, The DC Nation shorts are more superior then this trash. it did a better job of Teen Titans with comedy then show will ever do with its forced humor and antics.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know I'm a bit late to the conversation, but...

This is all I have seen of this show. 

http://youtu.be/LkNrxQ-4JlI

I watched the original, I loved it. This? While I don't hate the art style as much as some do, I certainly cannot say the same for the script and the humour within. 

There is little room for error when you bring back the original voice cast. Unless, y'know, you write a bad script?

I don't find this funny. [in a good way anyway] It's either hilariously bad or borderline awkward. I really can't tell. Although it's probably just that scene, unless someone wishes to correct me. 

I don't think I'll be following this past what I have seen.

birthday-dog-meme-picture-02.jpg

It seems more like a cheap Flash animated, (outdated) internet-meme based pastiche of the original more than anything else. And an unfunny one at that.

Also have to agree that the NTT shorts were a lot better than this in both writing and animation. What went wrong?

Edited by Gabe

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Sonic Colors of Teen Titans.

Yeah, let's not get crazy in here. I think it'd be more appropriate to call it the Sonic 4 of Teen Titans.

How dare people express their disapproval for something they are annoyed by.

Did I say you couldn't? No, I said you were overreacting, as if you've never seen a bad adaption (or whatever you wanna call this) of a good cartoon, going on dramatic mini-rants about it. Like, does the show's quality (or lack thereof) really necessitate something like that? Especially when there have been worse cartoons on TV?

I'm not saying you can't make small rants about it, but just know I think you're blowing things out of proportions.

Edited by Longshoreman X

Yeah, let's not get crazy in here. I think it'd be more appropriate to call it the Sonic 4 of Teen Titans.

Nah, it seems more like the Sonic Heroes of Teen Titans, especially when you factor in the scriptwriting.

"Let's crack that Eggman wide open!"

"It will be a date to die for!"

"Because, we're Sonic Heroes!"

The dialogue seems to share the same level of cringeworthiness.

Nah, it seems more like the Sonic Heroes of Teen Titans, especially when you factor in the scriptwriting.

"Let's crack that Eggman wide open!"

"It will be a date to die for!"

"Because, we're Sonic Heroes!"

The dialogue seems to share the same level of cringeworthiness.

...that actually makes sense.

Come on, the pie song was the best thing about the show.

Really? I thought it was annoying and went on too long. And they do it twice. Ugh.

Edited by Longshoreman X

Did I say you couldn't? No, I said you were overreacting, as if you've never seen a bad adaption (or whatever you wanna call this) of a good cartoon, going on dramatic mini-rants about it. Like, does the show's quality (or lack thereof) really necessitate something like that? Especially when there have been worse cartoons on TV?

I'm not saying you can't make small rants about it, but just know I think you're blowing things out of proportions.

Ah yes, the "there's always something worse" argument. Comrade, I must ask, when is it alright for people to get mad at a television program? Must it kill their dog first or something of that nature before people are allowed to vent? 

And as an aside, I don't think, honestly, that most people here really hate the show as much as it might come off as. Mostly, it just seems to be a bit of venting (and a smidgen of hyperbole, for humor's sake). Just let them get it out and be done with it, and they'll get calmer on their own. Telling them that they come off as overreacting or what not in such a detached fashion, no matter how right or wrong you may be, is only going to rekindle the flame.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah yes, the "there's always something worse" argument. Comrade, I must ask, when is it alright for people to get mad at a television program? Must it kill their dog first or something of that nature before people are allowed to vent? 

And as an aside, I don't think, honestly, that most people here really hate the show as much as it might come off as. Mostly, it just seems to be a bit of venting (and a smidgen of hyperbole, for humor's sake). Just let them get it out and be done with it, and they'll get calmer on their own. Telling them that they come off as overreacting or what not in such a detached fashion, no matter how right or wrong you may be, is only going to rekindle the flame.

I'm not saying you can't make small rants about it

Yeah I'm venting, because we had something better then this and it got turned into a Frankensteins monster and now I can't even watch it.

You gotta know something went wrong when a 1:30 short can ground pound your 30 minute program.

Edited by goku262002

*text*

goddamnthisquotesystem

Just gonna jump in for a second...

If they can go ahead and make small-rants, what in the hell was the entire point of telling them they were overreacting? Nobody is going to get any calmer because they feel outraged about something and feel strongly about it, only to be told that that "Oh, it's no big deal, stop being fucking babies"

Frankly that's not going to let anyone blow off any steam they had already.

• Thumbs Up 6

If they can go ahead and make small-rants, what in the hell was the entire point of telling them they were overreacting?

"You're overreacting" =/= "Don't overreact", at least in my mind.

I don't know why people are treating this like its a continuation of the original series anyway, like aside from the voice cast and the characters its essentially its own thing.