Awoo.

Teen Titans Go! (New 2013 Animated Series)

Johnny Boy

Also, let me bring something up. This came from an interview on IGN.

Now lets look at this:

tumblrmlvzg4ptzs1rshjbi.gif

I've never been more terrified of Raven before seeing this

Now lets look at this:

Let us not forget Raven also fell in love twice in the original series, just throwin that out there.

Remember the episode where Starfire and Raven switch bodies?

Remember how Raven controls her powers by suppressing her emotions?

Wonder how many buildings she destroys when she plays with ponies.

• Thumbs Up 8

I don't know about this show.

After watching the first episode, I'm still on the fence on whether I like this or not. There were a couple of jokes that got a chuckle out of me, and one joke in particular that actually made me laugh out loud (Robin's freak out when he's being attacked by the goose), but when a joke fails, it fails HARD! Absolutely terrible.

I'm still slightly intrigued by it, and I'll probably end up giving the second episode a watch before making a conclusive opinion. Hopefully it can pick up, but with the direction it's currently going in, I doubt it will.

I do have one complaint about this show. Why flash? Seriously why? I mean Fosters got away with, but still. 

I do have one complaint about this show. Why flash? Seriously why? I mean Fosters got away with, but still. 

It's cheaper? I dunno. Is it animated in Canada? I think the standard there is all cartoon must be Flash-animated.

Remember the episode where Starfire and Raven switch bodies?

Remember how Raven controls her powers by suppressing her emotions?

Wonder how many buildings she destroys when she plays with ponies.

Fridge horror at its finest.

It's probably not entirely Flash in the strictest sense, but regardless, object-oriented animation is cheaper than straight traditional, and not only that, but it still has the potential to look great anyway as MLP:FiM has already shown us. Jake and the Neverland Pirates is also great object animation, and I'd say newer things like Scaredy Squirrel and Almost Naked Animals don't look bad either.

Now lets look at this:

Oh come on now you're over-reacting, are you saying this

1367176111268.jpg

Is not true to this?

RageTrigonNevermore.jpg

I will say one thing though, the intro for the show is kinda catchy.

YawUG6e.png

@ this thread.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 6

If they actually think that their staying true to the characters,they must not have actually watched or payed attention to the original series.

Trigon didn't have much of a character to begin with tho...

I still personally think that's a dumb reason to turn him into that.

Let us not forget Raven also fell in love twice in the original series, just throwin that out there.

theres falling in love(which isn't really OOC. Even dark loving girls have feelings.:/) and then there's this. Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Trigon didn't have much of a character to begin with tho...

Even that one short someone posted was in character. That......./THING/ is not

If they actually think that their staying true to the characters,they must not have actually watched or payed attention to the original series.I still personally think that's a dumb reason to turn him into that.

theres falling in love(which isn't really OOC. Even dark loving girls have feelings.:/) and then there's this.

Then please enlighten me.

Fun fact: the creative staff on this show has seen very little of the original Teen Titans. Might explain why everyone's so OOC.

Why haven't they? Shouldn't that kinda be one of the first things they should do?

@Azure which part are you talking about? Ravens OOC moment, the way her dad is being portrayed?

If you're talking about my comment about her dad then I'll say this. Although he didn't have a lot of personality in the original,what we did get from what we saw was I'd say enough to see the dramatic overhaul in his character now. He's a evil monstrous entity. Go!, literally just seems to make a mockery of who and what he is.(yeah I get that was kinda the point,but still)

About the raven thing. Raven can like people. There is nothing wrong with that. It's not severally OOC unlike the ponies scene. It's common for character to fall in love. However there is a line. Making it a dominant feature that raven is a pony fanatic just seems wrong. It's a complete contrast with who she is.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Fun fact: the creative staff on this show has seen very little of the original Teen Titans. Might explain why everyone's so OOC.

I can't even. I just. *breathes*

Give it a few more episodes before judging- Give it a few more episodes before judging- Give it a few more episodes before judging. *breathes into paper bag* i'm ok. i'm ok. everything's cool.

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrr

• Thumbs Up 8

If you're talking about my comment about her dad then I'll say this. Although he didn't have a lot of personality in the original,what we did get from what we saw was I'd say enough to see the dramatic overhaul in his character now. He's a evil monstrous entity. Go!, literally just seems to make a mockery of who and what he is.(yeah I get that was kinda the point,but still)

Like I said earlier on this page, this is not a continuation of the original series. Its essentially its own thing at this point. Its like complaining how Ultimate Spiderman(the comic) is different from the main book. So characterization isn't meant to be consistent.

About the raven thing. Raven can like people. There is nothing wrong with that. It's not severally OOC unlike the ponies scene. It's common for character to fall in love. However there is a line. Making it a dominant feature that raven is a pony fanatic just seems wrong. It's a complete contrast with who she is.

I'd have an easier time believing this, but Raven is still shown to be ya know, Raven. She's still brooding, she's still sarcastic. Like...this pony gag only shows up for literally one episode and suddenly its her entire character now?

He emphasized they're staying true to the characters, just doing different “weird” stuff with them.
this is when it becomes a issue for me. They said they were staying true to the characters. It doesn't look like their staying that true with Ravens dad.:/ Raven was shown almost every time that first episode with a pony related thing. It feels like they were pushing a little on that. If it's a one time thing,I won't have a huge problem with it. But after that first episode I hope we don't see it as much or at all anymore.

this is when it becomes a issue for me. They said they were staying true to the characters. It doesn't look like their staying that true with Ravens dad.:/ Raven was shown almost every time that first episode with a pony related thing. It feels like they were pushing a little on that. If it's a one time thing,I won't have a huge problem with it. But after that first episode I hope we don't see it as much or at all anymore.

Yea, I'm gonna post a rant that can probably explain this a lot better than I can:

http://senume.tumblr.com/post/49128722499/misunderstandings-about-teen-titans-go

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw that rant and got pissed because I can't do good words like that so if I replied it would come out terrible.

• Thumbs Up 4

…wasn’t there an episode in the old show where Raven became emotionally attached to a fantasy story to the point of obsession but didn’t want anyone else to know about it?  Except that plot point actually lead somewhere.