Awoo.

Teen Titans Go! (New 2013 Animated Series)

Johnny Boy

yeah I know Raven hides things she likes from others and all that. If they had just lessened the MLP references I would have been fine with it.(it still would have been a little cheesy though.:P) Again,it's the first episode so we'll see where this series takes her.

Focusing on the rant a little, I'd like to put my view on those points. The visuals aren't terrible. I will say that. Not my taste or first choice for animation,yes , but they are not bad by any means. It looks better than some stuff on TV. Her second point on people hating it due to not being dark: Look, did I want the thing to be taken more seriously?yes. I was fine with the series being more humor based. (Had the humor actually been funny)My problem was more they took out,from what we've seen, any actual interesting characterization. The characters just come off as generic,lol reference gag, people. I'm not saying it had to be as deep and dark as its older brother, but at least have some moments where it takes itself a little seriously. If you like it fine. If you think its harmless fun, good for you. But her acting like everyone who had a problem with it was either mindless or just dumb, really didn't seem necessary.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

…wasn’t there an episode in the old show where Raven became emotionally attached to a fantasy story to the point of obsession but didn’t want anyone else to know about it?  Except that plot point actually lead somewhere.

The one where she meets a guy in a book called Malchior, who claims to be a good guy and wants to be resurrected, and teaches her dark magic to help get her to trust him, and then when he is resurrected it turns out he was actually the dragon in the book and simply swapped names with Rorik, the actual good guy, but then Malchior gets screwed over by his own dark magic that he taught to Raven?

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile

I remember asking for more teen titans. And then I got this. Fuck me.
I will say this. At least they didn't fuck over their fans as much as moonscope did with the Code Lyoko fanbase. Evolution......*shudders*neverforget.

I will say this. At least they didn't fuck over their fans as much as moonscope did with the Code Lyoko fanbase. Evolution......*shudders*neverforget.

I have not seen that yet. I love the original though. You know what man I just don't know anymore. I really don't. I understand this is a spin-off but why not give more of something that was so successful ya know?

I have not seen that yet. I love the original though. You know what man I just don't know anymore. I really don't. I understand this is a spin-off but why not give more of something that was so successful ya know?

because Young Justice. They apparently didn't want more of the same. Which is ironic,because of what we got.

Oh,and don't watch Evolution. Don't. It will make you a sad pony.

because Young Justice. They apparently didn't want more of the same. Which is ironic,because of what we got.

Oh,and don't watch Evolution. Don't. It will make you a sad pony.

I dislike anything MLP related damn you haha. haha I heard Young Justice is pretty good though so I might check it out soon. As for evolution.......well its time will come if ever I guess.

Focusing on the rant a little, I'd like to put my view on those points. The visuals aren't terrible. I will say that. Not my taste or first choice for animation,yes , but they are not bad by any means. It looks better than some stuff on TV. Her second point on people hating it due to not being dark: Look, did I want the thing to be taken more seriously?yes. I was fine with the series being more humor based. (Had the humor actually been funny)My problem was more they took out,from what we've seen, any actual interesting characterization. The characters just come off as generic,lol reference gag, people. I'm not saying it had to be as deep and dark as its older brother, but at least have some moments where it takes itself a little seriously. If you like it fine. If you think its harmless fun, good for you. But her acting like everyone who had a problem with it was either mindless or just dumb, really didn't seem necessary.

Well like she said, if you want an action series with deep, and/or interesting characters then go watch Young Justice or the original series. The entire series from the start was a comedy so I don't know why you expected otherwise.

And its not like the characters are even as shallow as you're making them out to be; I found Beast Boy trying to get Cyborg a gift he wanted, but for Cyborg to tell him he didn't need to  pretty interesting. That's pretty deep for such "shallow" characters.

I said in my post, I was fine with the show getting comedy treatment. I was just hoping they'd have more in the characters and plot department. It didnt have to even be a lot. The beast boy part while nice from what we were getting,just barely passes the line for me. It didn't really seem that deep to me.

Well what were you expecting then? Because I'm getting that you have less of a problem with the show itself and more that it doesn't reach your expectations.

Considering this is the first episode, I don't think I can say the things I'm expecting, won't or will be met, but I'll give them anyway. I was hoping for them to have plot devices that don't just last for one episode. Breaks in between all the comedy/fighting every once in awhile that actually do meaningful things with the characters.(that actually develop the character somehow. Again, the beast boy thing barely makes it past,as it does show something about BB and Cyborgs relationship I guess. But I bet we won't get a lot of those moments in the show.)Humor  that doesn't have to sound like it came from 8 year olds and meme creators ass. lots of comedy series have done these kind of things, and Go! could do this as well(although I highly doubt they will) 

From what I've seen, I do hate the show itself for it's below average humor and sub-par plots, but that's from what I've seen. I'll give it a few more episodes to (hopefully)change.

The reason the beast boy thing didn't really do that much to me, is mainly due to the plot and writing itself. There really wasn't much to work with as it was. I mean, it was kinda expected.

Edited by Roxas

Even that one short someone posted was in character. That......./THING/ is not

So I'm a someone now? mellow.png

Edited by goku262002

I watched a clip and I cringed the entire duration. I've never even seen a single episode of Teen Titans. I just can't see myself choosing to sit down and watch through some of these episodes if this clip is really indicative of what the show is going to be about. From what I've gathered and heard about the first cartoon, I can understand somewhat why fans would be majorly disappointed in this.

I watched a clip and I cringed the entire duration. I've never even seen a single episode of Teen Titans. I just can't see myself choosing to sit down and watch through some of these episodes of this clip is really indicative of what the show is going to be about. From what I've gathered and heard about the first cartoon, I can understand somewhat why fans would be majorly disappointed in this.

Here's some mouthwash to gargle the horrible taste if you need it: The original Teen Titans :3!

So I watched the first episode....it was pretty...not good, at all.

My biggest gripe was Robin and Rave.....like, do they have ANY idea how these characters are supposed to act?

I just saw this after rumors of a brony reference.

I never I'd say this and actually MEAN it, but... my childhood has been brutally raped in the ass multiple times. That was appalling to all five senses.

Visually it looks like something a single animator could do for youtube, not something you'd see worth getting a whole TV slot for.

The excuse that 'it's on their off work days' is just another excuse to make them OOCtards. I don't see why the audience has to be treated like a bunch of Spongebob enthusiasts.

A bit problem is the terrible excuses for OOCtardness, one being the bacon thing. Calling it 'magic bacon' still makes it flesh and not quorn bacon or something; you wouldn't want to eat those steaks the scientists made because they're made from human poop and definitely 'not from an animal', I'm sure some know what steaks I'm talking about here.

Raven acting like a complete tard. She's a teenager and supposed to control her emotions and all I've seen from her is emotional overload to the point of insanity. Last time she let her emotions control her, she turned into her demon half.

Don't get me started on Raven's dad.

Robin is supposed to be Dick Grayson, I don't think they know how he acted at all from a DC perspective.

I could say a lot more, but I don't think I need to repeat everybody. It's definitely something that appears as if only one person needed to animate...I mean, OneyNG is an example of one guy producing animation that this show seems to be imitating. Did it really need a TV slot?

I think this thread is really showing that we're Sonic fans.

No, just that we're fans.

It’s as if this is turning into that Starwars dancing mini game where half the fans were viciously offended and proclaiming how a dance off between Sith Lord and Darth Vader will destroy the franchise, while the rest find it hilarious and the best part of the collection but not engaging enough to buy the title.

Personally I thought the first episode was “meh” and I have more of an issue with the absence of punch lines.

This topic is basically half people complaining about the show and the other half complaining about people complaining/overreacting.