Awoo.

Sonic Before The Sequel

Wentos

The Sonic stages are

The cutscenes don't really add anything. Nobody gives a fuck wether or not they are in. Mac users just wanna play the damn game.

You can easily watch the cutscenes on Youtube anyway...

Well, sorry for caring then. I'll go ahead and add the link.

Yeah, there are later levels that are entirely original, and it's not like the ones that are altered are just recolors of old stages. They all have something unique about them.

So true.

Which was your favorite stage?

The Metropolis city zone, the Metropolis City zone: Underwater Edition, or Metropolis City zone 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I not going to say I didn't enjoy the game; it's definitely worth checking out, but it's not great, just subpar.

The level design is incredibly straight forward with absolutely no challenge for the first half of the game, then starts throwing an unfair difficulty spike by introducing vague level design, cheap enemy placement, and a lot of interesting level gimmicks that never actually get used in the level. Not to mention the flow of the game comes to a screeching halt when you're forced through the aforementioned 3 Metropolis City Zone Super Star Tag Team, (which is actually 6 zones counting both Sonic and Tails' levels). The first couple levels are harmless if insubstantial, but the later half of the game just feels like a chore. And the only really unique level themes are the very first level. The rest don't have much of anything that makes them stand out.

The bosses are either stupidly easy or annoyingly cheap, or both at the same time. They're not terrible but there's just no feeling of accomplishment in beating them.

Musics nice... but once again, the Metropolis City Zone Trilogy turns out the weakest part of the soundtrack.

Have to agree with Blue Blood on the level design. When you aren't bouncing off springs, you're sitting through bland shit 101

The control is stiff as hell too.

I will just say, the one small thing that really pisses me off is how next to impossible it is to enter the special stages. I know they're only bonus levels, but still. You literally cannot get in without predicting that the goal is about to appear and going crazy slow.

• Thumbs Up 2

This right here is amazing. Great music, graphics and level design. Add in a touch of epic story and you have an awesome fan game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Edit: The fuck am I talking about? Was Metal Tails in the SAtS teaser?

<_< I think I'm having some kind of reality lapse.

Anyway, just played '12. Holy. Goddamn. God-tier music.

Edited by Billionaire Playboy Wario

I really like this game.

The gameplay is fun, the gimmicks are interesting and unique, the music is kickass, and the level art is great, even is some of them use level assests from past games.

Problems I had with the game were wokny control, sometimes bland level design or just plain bad design (that water level with Tails, ugh). Also there is also good number of bullshit enemy placement which can be somewhat frustrating.

Oh and for a 2D Sonic game, this game is looooooooong. Which is good or bad depending how you look at it.

Overall, good game. Can't wait till After the Sequel.

WinRAR is more reliable.

WinRAR is free....once your trial runs up just press okay and you never have to pay....no secret either

But back on topic, this game looks great and actually I saw the trailer earlier today and was debating about downloading it and trying it.

WinRAR is free....once your trial runs up just press okay and you never have to pay....no secret either

But back on topic, this game looks great and actually I saw the trailer earlier today and was debating about downloading it and trying it.

Why debate when you can just do it? C:

Well...I played it and its safe to say I am pretty disappointed. The stages with Sonic are just "Hold Right to win!" shit and Tails levels are just bland platforming. The physics are...meh. Now unlike Sonic 4, rolling is actually a decent way of obtaining speed, but you can walk up walls, in a fashion very similar to Sonic 4. sanik wurldz engin is grat aint it

But the original music is still great...awesome CD quality...

VizardJeffhog: You and me both, dude… Now, which Sonic game do you find has the best soundtrack, and why?

Falk: DON’T DO THIS TO ME, I DON’T KNOW!

VizardJeffhog: EVERY MUSICIAN’S NIGHTMARE QUESTION!

Falk: …Sonic Chronicles!

VizardJeffhog: Pfhahaha!

Geniunely loled at this. But the entire thing was a great read. Thank you for this.

• Thumbs Up 3

>Complains about level art and design

>Stops after first level

Yeah, there are later levels that are entirely original, and it's not like the ones that are altered are just recolors of old stages. They all have something unique about them. Don't know where you're getting that the stages aren't fun, because in my and most other peoples' opinions, they are.

Anyway, I fucking loved this game, no idea it had been revamped. Can't wait for Sonic After the Sequel.

The level design a really indistinct- just a show off slopes and hilla with nothing that particularly stand out interesting or fun. And sorry, but if the game leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the first four levels then I don't need to play anymore to make a judgement, thank you very much.

Edited by Blue Blood

I just finished the uhh... forgot the name but it's the one where you're constantly climbing up the tower and use wall zippers to boost up and there's the pitch black segments. And there's more! This game is endless!

I will say from Act 3 of that level, I'll take precision platforming over bottomless pits any day to precision platforming over bottomful pits where every time you fall down you have to do the whole thing again. Gaw.

The mini Death Egg Robot is nigh impossible. Also this game is far too long. If we took out like 2 or 3 levels for each character, it would be more bearable.

It's not bad, but it's not that good either, though I loved the water levels. It quickly becomes cheap as all shit, though.

In essence, it's quantity over quality, unfortunately. It's far from terrible but the levels just get repetitive as all shit, especially the overuse of dark blue and grey for 3 zones (I did like the water one though), and it seemed to take the game far too long (up to the water level actually) to introduce any interesting level gimmicks. I loved the gimmick with the tower level and how it went dark, with the music going quiet, but act 3 of that was dicks.

The music is amazing though.

But yeah, serious ending fatigue and "get on with it already", and I've NEVER felt this from any Sonic game or hack.

The two water levels are my favourite zones, they feel really unique compared to the rest of the game and have some nice level gimmicks.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 4

I'll just say this. The soundtrack is funkaliclious. Yeah, I said it.

It is catchy and is well done. Beats Sonic 4 any day

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll just say this. The soundtrack is funkaliclious. Yeah, I said it.

It is catchy and is well done. Beats Sonic 4 any day

This I will agree on. All 3 Titanic Tower acts have fantastic music. The whole disco thing where the lights go off and the music gets muffled is awesome as well, it's one of the more memorable gimmicks in the game.

I also like Fortress Flow's music a lot, and as a level I feel it's more well designed and less repetitive. But part of that might be my natural affinity for water levels in Sonic games.

Oh and there aren't that many rings but also very few checkpoints, there needs to be a lot more, even if only to improve the poor pacing.

I should be clear that I don't dislike the game at all though, I just find it's a better example of a greatly detailed fan project with a lot of effort put in than it is a fun game to play.

Edited by Semi-colon e

So what's the hype for this game anyway, I mean I like classic fangames as much as the next guy, but that separates this from the likes of Sonic fan remix?

So what's the hype for this game anyway, I mean I like classic fangames as much as the next guy, but that separates this from the likes of Sonic fan remix?

An AMAZING OST, a unique story that takes place in between Sonic 1 and 2 with flash-sprite animated cutscenes, and original Zones.

Oh and the fact that it's actually finished.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Probably the fact it's actually complete.

• Thumbs Up 1

The soundtrack is lovely enough to prompt me to download a copy, but I've lost the drive I once had to play fangames and hacks, and the sentiments expressed in this topic mirror my own on the majority of fanmade classic-styled games out there. Maybe I'll get bored enough to try the game out soon, but I'm not expecting it to change my mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

This game... meh. The music and the visuals are superb, but the gameplay itself ... eh, maybe I'm just bored of all the classic-styled Sonic fangames nowadays, but it doesn't really wow me all that much.

• Thumbs Up 2