Wentos

>Criticize SBTS for being too long

>Praise S3&K as best 2D Sonic game

How long was that one again?

• Thumbs Up 1

Not as long as BTS, with far more engaging stages to boot. So yeah, I don't know what on Eath you think you're getting at.

BTS has 11 zones, so I'd guess it's about 30 to 33 acts. S3K has 26 acts (potentially more if you want to split acts into Sonic/Tails and Knuckles versions where they're totally different) spread across 14 zones, and not all of them can be accessed in a single playthrough. But like I've said before, it's quality, not quantity. BTS is seriously lacking on the quality side. It's a fan game so of course things are going to be of a different standard, but the comparison has to be made.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

General census for the game seems to be mediocre at best, though I personally think its decent.

I would never call this game mediocre by any stretch of the imagination. It has it's shortcomings, but at worst it's cheap.

At most I'd say it has some excess fat and a lack of focus, something that After the Sequel looks to have improved on dramatically.

I could criticize this to hell and back, but in comparison to other Sonic fangames, it's among the best fangames out there (whether or not that says anything is up to you), and as a game, it passes in my book.

Personally, if they cut out 2 of the 3 metro levels and skipped straight to the cloud level, I'd rate this game much higher.

Edited by Rusty Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

WAY too short.

I do agree that the Eggman bosses do feel odd. But I do like the boss designs so far. Seeing the machines with angry eyes makes me smile.

I only just downloaded it, and have so far gotten to Tails second zone. The down button on my keyboard is slower to react, so I often end up crashing into enemies. I also find it a shame there is no pushing animation when your pressing forward into a wall.

But I still think it's a great fan game and the creator should be proud.

I wish I could create cool stuff like that...

I'm up to Fortress Flow, and I love the fact they give you a permanent Bubble Shield. It avoids the annoying, and tense air bubble problem, but it makes it feel a bit too easy for me. I still like it, though. ^_^;

PS: I was talking about Fortress Flow in the last sentence. :)

Can I re-map the controls in this game? I'd really to use my USB controller for it.

• 3 years later...

This game in not compatible with Windows 10, make sure to go to properties and change the compatibility to Windows 7.

blablabla.png

• 2 weeks later...