Awoo.

Vortexx on The CW, SABAN's replacement for 4kidsCW/Toonzai

goku262002

So as you guys know, 4kids is dead and all rights and assets were split between Konami and SABAN.

But out of this deal we get something pretty cool!

vortexx_02.jpg

Saban will be launching Vortexx on The CW. It will run on Saturday mornings from 7AM-noon starting August 25. Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal have been confirmed to air on the block. There will also be an online streaming service, available at MyVortexx.com. Oh, and Konami got Toonzaki, the original online site that 4Kids once owned.

And now the programming line-up:

7:00 a.m. CubixIn

7:30 a.m. Rescue Heroes

8:00 a.m. Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy

8:30 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

9:00 a.m. Iron Man: Armored Adventures

9:30 a.m. Justice League Unlimited

10:00 a.m. WWE Saturday Morning Slam

10:30 a.m. Dragon Ball Z Kai

11:00 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic

11:30 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Sonic X among allot of other 4kids shows are gone, only ones left are Zexal and Yugioh!. We have 2 E/I shows, old school power rangers, That Iron Man show from nicktoons, Justice League! (Yay a DC show is back on WB/CW block!!), and a fucking westling show (waste of a slot if you ask me). Oh and DBZ KAI is there but thats not important since its just probably saiyan-freeza sagas.

Reminds me of the blocks of old when I was a kid, pretty cool Saban. What do you guys think?

JLU? That show is a surprise if anything. I certainly didn't expect to see something like that on a kids block, considering the things parents would say about it. The episode with joker as the main villain is usually an example.

I guess Saban just didn't see any profit in Sonic X. Oh well, might as well let the show die out then. I still have Satam and Aosth.

So Konami has allowed them to continue to air Yu-Gi-Oh huh? And from the news, it seems like Zexal is keeping the same cast of actors.

I believe with everything yugioh! including its dubbing is handled by Konami now. so I'm pretty sure Konami salvaged whatever cast and dub handling crew they could get from 4kids and hire them as freelance contractors. Konami looks to be pretty cool with keeping consistency with the anime and games considering that they kept the dub names and voices when it came to other forms of yugioh! like games and commercials so I'm pretty sure if they need and old or new voice actor they will hire them instead of a voice alike.

I'm hopeful that Konami will release uncut and re-dubbed DVD sets of the yugioh! sagas like how 4kids was going to do before they canceled them.

Same shit different name. :)

I'm kind of surprise that they got rid of Sonic X(good riddens). Hopefully this will finally a fucking end to the false "Sonic X is coming back in 20XX rumors".

• Thumbs Up 2

No Sonic X? Eh... I hate Sonic X, so I'm okay with this.

I never liked 4Kids, and I hate how they screwed up TMNT 2003 (DAMN YOU FAST FORWARD AND BACK TO THE SEWERS! DX)

But Saban did acquire the rights to Sonic X, its been confirmed by a ToonZone user with an inside source who also confirmed most of the new line-up. Sonic just won't be part of the launch, it'll probably return at some point in the future as Sonic X was always one of 4Kids' biggest ratings anchors on Fox and the CW even in its endless loop of reruns. I won't be surpised to see it streaming on the Vortexx website.

Even though the line-up isn't completely new content, I'm still excited about the possibilities Vortexx can bring. This is the same company that brought us Fox Kids.

Edited by Kamina

Will this also give us unnecesary censoring so that the kiddies willboth understand the shows and not get scared? I hope not. Good riddance to 4Kids. They certainly won't be missed a single bit.

So as you guys know, 4kids is dead and all rights and assets were split between Konami and SABAN.

But out of this deal we get something pretty cool!

vortexx_02.jpg

Saban will be launching Vortexx on The CW. It will run on Saturday mornings from 7AM-noon starting August 25. Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal have been confirmed to air on the block. There will also be an online streaming service, available at MyVortexx.com. Oh, and Konami got Toonzaki, the original online site that 4Kids once owned.

And now the programming line-up:

7:00 a.m. CubixIn

7:30 a.m. Rescue Heroes

8:00 a.m. Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy

8:30 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

9:00 a.m. Iron Man: Armored Adventures

9:30 a.m. Justice League Unlimited

10:00 a.m. WWE Saturday Morning Slam

10:30 a.m. Dragon Ball Z Kai

11:00 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic

11:30 a.m. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Minus Yugioh, this is a pretty unusual line up. Cubix, Rescue Heroes, DBZK. Those alone kill the line-up. Good thing PRLG, Yugioh old and new, Iron man AA and JLU saves it. I guess this is a sign that the next Power ranger season will show up on that channel soon.

Minus Yugioh, this is a pretty unusual line up. Cubix, Rescue Heroes, DBZK. Those alone kill the line-up. Good thing PRLG, Yugioh old and new, Iron man AA and JLU saves it. I guess this is a sign that the next Power ranger season will show up on that channel soon.

Cubix and Rescue Heroes are only there to fulfill that stupid E/I requirement, they wouldn't be there otherwise. I'm not the biggest DBZ fan, but I'm not sure how it kills the line-up. DBZ was another ratings staple on the CW4Kids and is probably why it stayed.

To me Power Rangers and WWE kill the line-up, even as a kid I never saw the appeal and I never will. I'd get rid of those and the E/I filler if it were up to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Certainly has a bit of potential. Don't know if it'll be enough to revitalize the now almost dead concet of Saturday morning cartoons, but it looks better than what 4kids has been dishing out.

WWE seems really random compared to everything else, though. Gotta make sure the youngins are buying them John Cena action figures at an early age, I guess.

Cubix and Rescue Heroes are only there to fulfill that stupid E/I requirement, they wouldn't be there otherwise. I'm not the biggest DBZ fan, but I'm not sure how it kills the line-up. DBZ was another ratings staple on the CW4Kids and is probably why it stayed.

To me Power Rangers and WWE kill the line-up, even as a kid I never saw the appeal and I never will. I'd get rid of those and the E/I filler if it were up to me.

Seems like I forgot to add WWE in the weird line up. Not really sure how I missed that. But that def is the most random of the bunch. The 7am block wont be watched by many anyways so I gues the E/I hour doesn't matter. Still needs more KIRBY and Pokemon.

Edited by Eternal X

Wait, 4kids is finally dead and Sonic X is gone forever?

An it's also nice to see Justice Leage Unlimited is on the line up. Haven't seen that show in ages.

• Thumbs Up 4

4kids were actually dead at around June, and I'll probably be the only one who will miss them. I like the employees over there, and I even forgive them for One Piece, both them and Toei made the mistake about licencing the show on Saturday mornings without doing their research. And they still brought us Ultimate Muscle, Pokemon, Yugioh, TMNT2K3, and Kirby Right Back At 'cha. And some of their practices I excuse at this point, since they learned their lesson when they tried to impliment Toonzaki.

Edited by VisionaryBlur
  • Thumbs Up 1

Same shit different name. :)

How? Because Kai and Yugioh! are still there? I see this as much different. And keep in mind Kai was on loan from FUNi it was never a 4kids show.

4kids was pretty decent overall, they did bring the US pokemon, Yugioh!, and a decent TMNT series (save for the future arc). its just the butchering of our beloved animes that allways got our undies in a bunch, if they just thought of a way to release both TV edits and uncut dubs they would've had a different rep then what they went down with.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, 4Kids is dead? I know this is late to the party, but...

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

So 4kids is no more, huh? It truly is the end of an era given how long they've been around. Nothing of value was lost though since their dubs were terrible (although I give them credit for TMNT 2K3). but hopefully the new owners of their assets will do a better job.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering that Saban is helming this lineup, Power Rangers is almost mandatory. I wager after the two upcoming Seasons of Megaforce, (as Nick's contract for Power Rangers runs out in 2014) this block will be the new home of PR.

Also, my response to 4kids folding and the death of Sonic X.

Edited by Aquaslash

YAAAY OVER 200 PEOPLE LOST THEIR JOBS IM SO HAPPY

I've always wanted to check out Rescue Bots, no matter how childish it is.

• Thumbs Up 5

It's good that Power Rangers is on there. Do we really need Sonic X redubbed, with Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins as Sonic and Tails, just for those really faithful fans? Probably not. I mean, the Rescue Heroes GRT is airing on qubo Channel, now, unless it turns out to be a NEW Rescue Heroes show. If Konami is partially responsible for this block, I guess this is glad tidings for them. I downloaded the MGS4 Trophy Patch, which took me 75 minutes (And lemme tell you, what a doozy of a waiting time THAT was!), and my first trophy earned was "Hands Up!"

Still, the whole block is comprised of the following:

25% Yu-Gi-Oh (courtesy of Konami), One Part WWE, A gracious helping of Power Rangers (Woulda been better if if it were Power Rangers Samurai, never really caught that season, much, due to work, but I was let go, so Rangers Together, Samurai Forever!), a Marvel Show, and a DC Show. Oh, and DBZ Kai, which will NEVER have the Saga of Androids, Cell and the Cell Games airing, mainly because of the factor of DEATH it plays, with Androids killing people, Cell absorbing people to be more powerful, a rare disease that Goku catches, and Gohan ascending to Super Saiyan, and with the help of his dead father Goku, defeating Cell, once and for always! Kids wouldn't wanna deal with Death that way!

But the thought of Marvel and Konami in the same block makes me wanna buy the X-Men Arcade game on PS3! MAGNETO, WELCOME TO DIE!! Warner Bros. and Konami, makes me wanna get any Konami title from Genesis or NES from that era. Still, I guess I'll just say it:

THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER, 4KIDS! DIE!!!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Justice League Unlimited being on this block automatically makes it better than anything that was on 4KidsTV since Cartoon Network bought out Pokemon. Otherwise, bleh. The Purple Mr. Popo version (I assume) of Kai, MOAR YU GI OH! and Power Rangers? Woo.

THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER, 4KIDS! DIE!!!

Wait, 4Kids is dead? I know this is late to the party, but...

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Wait, 4kids is finally dead and Sonic X is gone forever?

YAY! AN INCREASE IN UNEMPLOYMENT STATISTICS! TRULY A CAUSE OF CELEBRATION!

Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 4

YAY! AN INCREASE IN UNEMPLOYMENT STATISTICS! TRULY A CAUSE OF CELEBRATION!

Jeez, you didn't have to sound like your namesake (being a jerky griffon), and be a killjoy about it.

Unless that company did something truly despicable such as enlist child labor or sell off women as sex slaves, then the death of a company is not a particularly noble thing to celebrate.

Besides, 4Kids stopped being relevant years ago. This is beyond beating a dead horse; you're digging up that horse's bones from its grave and beating it with a decaying stick that has termite carcasses. Let it go.

Besides, there were NO Edited DVD releases for Shaman King (4Kids didn't care enough for it), and Ultimate Muscle only had ONE DVD, and it had problems that FUNimation didn't even bother to fix (in Episode 2, it repeated the second act, twice!). And Ultimate Muscle was great for an English Dub!

Shaman King was a bomb for 4kids, so they had little reason to care. Ultimate muscle though, that was a disappointing DVD.