Awoo.

Sonic Battle Virtual Training...

PerfectChaos

Seriously, how the hell is this even possible? One punch and you're batterred by all three characters simultaneously, instantly killed. And Rouge is just irritating because her flight means it takes ages to actually kill her, and it's not even safe to combo Gamma because he self-destructs. Blocking never seems to work because they always instinctively attack after you've finished blocking, no matter how well you think you've timed it. Comboing is hard because there are three characters. But not dealing with all three at once leads to the others healing and setting traps.

Even by exploiting a strange infinite Ichikoro glitch I found, I can't do it. 20 consecutive fights is just too much!

Anyone got any tips? I really want more Ultimate Cards!

• Thumbs Up 1

I always put the Shadow Combo card for Emerl's power move. The CPU hardly ever block it and once it hits its pretty much a 1HKO.

Not sure how effective it is anymore but its worth a shot.

Edited by Eddie Riggs

Any of the combos will work, computers can't block it. Just wait until they get close, then boom. Rinse and repeat.

My advice, use the Sonic combo card. It'll launch you back afterwards meaning you escape Gamma. Though I could never do more than 20's. I even got a backup copy of my moves put on another game so I could delete my save and try again from the strat with my most powerful cards. It only gave one...

• Thumbs Up 1

What are 'combo cards' for? Cos I don't have any...

And do you get them with passwords at that place?

What are 'combo cards' for? Cos I don't have any...

And do you get them with passwords at that place?

Yeah. They're insta-kill moves. Here:

Obtain "Amy Combo" Card: alogK

Obtain "Chaos Combo" Card: EkiTa

Obtain "Cream Combo" Card: ZAhan

Obtain "E-102" Combo Card: tSueT

Obtain "Knuckles Combo" Card: yU3Da

Obtain "Rouge Combo" Card: AhnVo

Obtain "Shadow Combo" Card: ArmIa

Obtain "Sonic Combo" Card: 75619

Obtain "Tails Combo" Card: OTrOI

Note that I've never gotten Shadow or Chaos to work.

EDIT: Fuck that was a lot of enters and backspaces.

Edited by Billionaire Playboy Wario

The combo moves are a shortcut, but its almost suicide to abuse it once com characters get enough lives to earn a free Ichikoro insta-kill. Once you initiate a move, your a sitting duck. The best stradagy in the early rounds is to run away until all 3 com units are aligned single file, and then catch all three in your volley of blows. (use sonic's combo, its the safest)

If you can't capture all 3 at once via special combo, then don't use it. Its much safer to rely on your fighting skills and keep characters away from them while you whittle them down.

(tbh Rouge is actually one of the characters you want to fight. Her slow descents mean you can launch her and then focus on the other two characters and fight her 1 on 1 when the other guys run out of lives. shadow and gamma are by far the nasty ones. The can both kill you 1 hit without even needing the insta-kill ability)

Virtual Training can be absolutely ruthless. But I find that Sonic's combo move always results in a OHKO if the opponent is directly in the hitbox. Whatsmore, the wave attack that finishes this move off propels you away from the opponent, so if you've used Sonic Combo on Gamma, it should get you out of range of his self-detonation upon being KO'ed.

Going back to the codes...

Obtain "Amy Combo" Card: alogK

Obtain "Chaos Combo" Card: EkiTa TikaE? It's too close to Tikal to be a coincidence, maybe the E is supposed to be Emerald?

Obtain "Cream Combo" Card: ZAhan

Obtain "E-102" Combo Card: tSueT

Obtain "Knuckles Combo" Card: yU3Da Yuda3- Knuckles was designed by Takashi Yuda and first appeared in Sonic 3

Obtain "Rouge Combo" Card: AhnVo

Obtain "Shadow Combo" Card: ArmIa Maria

Obtain "Sonic Combo" Card: 75619 9/17/65 is Yuji Naka's birthday (S2 level select is 19-65-09-17 too)

Obtain "Tails Combo" Card: OTrOI

Anything other Easter Eggs in there?

Edited by Blue Blood

• 7 years later...
On 8/14/2012 at 6:55 AM, Vertekins said:

Virtual Training can be absolutely ruthless. But I find that Sonic's combo move always results in a OHKO if the opponent is directly in the hitbox. Whatsmore, the wave attack that finishes this move off propels you away from the opponent, so if you've used Sonic Combo on Gamma, it should get you out of range of his self-detonation upon being KO'ed.

I DID complete it one time(In 20 rounds, that is), with Sonic Combo. But that was a few years ago.
I used the Sonic Combo today in the Virtual Training, I won 18 rounds. But THEN in Round 19, I came across Sonic, Tails and Shadow in the Library. I had a good looking start, until Sonic and Tails gang up on me..., causing me to lose... I was so close... I give up...

I wanted to re-create Ultimate Emerl so I mined Virtual Training a ton back in the day. It was certainly frustrating losing to the insta-kill Ichikoro  mechanic on the final stretch, but if rely on your basic fighting skill over the unlock-able flurry attacks than you'll be fine. Keep moving and teching into your launch attacks and pick your battles. Only engage when you are confident you can do so without being hit. Don't fight in a crowd unless you are able to keep them all in front of you.

(edit: also, once you get your hands on one or two Ult moves - you can really cheese the Ichikoro mechanic)

I beat it a ton of times, and unlocked a hoard of Ult attacks... but I remember I gave up trying to unlock them all when I came to the sickening realization that Emerls equip points hard cap and do not allow you enough wiggle room to equip more than a small handful of ult skills at once. 

Broke my heart.