Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed Limited/Bonus edition Thread

kimplix

Hm, I'll probably be buying the Wii-U, 3DS and 360 versions. With the former, I'm actually intrigued with how the Gamepad will factor into the gameplay...

I'm amazed that you people want to buy multiple versions of the same game..

Not trying to insult, just find it intriguing.

Well, mon, at least they're gonna buy multiple versions of a game that's actually good...

• Thumbs Up 1

Fair enough, truthfully I haven't really been paying attention to most of the game and its updates so its probably my fault why I personally don't see it being worth such a huge investment.

Fair enough, truthfully I haven't really been paying attention to most of the game and its updates so its probably my fault why I personally don't see it being worth such a huge investment.

Well I don't really see any need to buy multiple versions at full price, unless it's one console and one handheld. The PC, PS3 and 360 versions are presumably nigh-identical, and the U version the same but with 5-player splitscreen and a few exclusive minigames. There's a matter of the potential for exclusive characters too. If the game comes down in price, then why not buy more? I'm sure plenty of folk have Sonic 1 on multiple devices :P

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I don't really see any need to buy multiple versions at full price, unless it's one console and one handheld. The PC, PS3 and 360 versions are presumably nigh-identical, and the U version the same but with 5-player splitscreen and a few exclusive minigames. There's a matter of the potential for exclusive characters too. If the game comes down in price, then why not buy more? I'm sure plenty of folk have Sonic 1 on multiple devices tongue.png

Do you think SEGA might do that incentive thing like with Sonic 4? Buy two copies get a poster, buy four copies and get your name mentioned. Can't see that happening. I don't think there is any need because I think SASRT will sell well.

Do you think SEGA might do that incentive thing like with Sonic 4? Buy two copies get a poster, buy four copies and get your name mentioned. Can't see that happening. I don't think there is any need because I think SASRT will sell well.

No.

Because unlike Sonic 4, this game is actually good.

• Thumbs Up 7

No.

Because unlike Sonic 4, this game is actually good.

Sonic 4 isn't that bad. It's still pretty shit but it's ok compared to Sonic 2006 (as a whole).

Anyway it'd be mad if Ristar is playable this time.

Edited by MachSpeed

I'm amazed that you people want to buy multiple versions of the same game..

Not trying to insult, just find it intriguing.

I did it with the original because consoles constantly switch between my brother's room and my room. Keep in mind that its price was slashed down to 15 dollars when I bought my second version, though. Dem Amazon sales. Anyway, I decided to get the PS3 and 3DS versions. I'm sure there will be plenty of people to play with on those versions. 3DS most definitely if Mario Kart 7 was any indication. Good times.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

I see a point in buying an HD version and an SD version. Last time, the iOS/DS versions had vastly different stages + you could play on the go.

I think it's different this time, though. All versions have the same content, the only difference is that the 3DS version obviously had to have assets created for it rather than being a straight port of the HD versions.

Sumo said that level layouts shouldn't be too different this time, but I could see an occasional difference here and there.

Still doesn't exclude that the 3DS version is portable and in 3D. It could even have exclusive modes.

The Spanish side of retailer GAME have the Bonus edition on their website, it's called the 'limited edition,' but contains the same stuff as the normal version.

Priced at just under 38 Euros.

PS3

Vita

3DS (Yes this is also the limited edition)

Xbox 360

However whats really strange, the normal version for the Xbox costs 10 Euros more.

HMV and Argos are now listing the Limited Edition for the same prices as the normal versions.

HMV

PS3: £34.99

Limited Edition: £34.99

Xbox 360: £34.99

PS Vita: £27.99

Limited Edition: £27.99

Argos

PS3 Limited Edition: £31.49 (Has the Xbox 360 box art for some reason)

Xbox 360 Limited Edition: £31.49 (Has the PS3 box art for some reason)

PS Vita Limited Edition: £23.99

Argos also has a cheap deal on the normal 3DS version. It's just £23.99.

• 2 weeks later...

Sainsbury's is now listing it.

PS3: £34.99

Xbox 360: £34.99

PS Vita: £34.99

Nintendo 3DS: £29.99

Play.com has updated with a 3DS limited Edition

33967153_500x500_1.jpg

http://www.play.com/...ingDetails.html

It's still only £24.99.

Amazon UK is now listing it too for £30.36.

http://www.amazon.co...47447494&sr=8-5

EDIT:

Argos has updated the 3DS version with the Limited Edition box art and description. It's still only £23.99.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/013247/Trail/searchtext%3ESONIC+RACING+TRANSFORMED.htm

In Mexico, if you pre-order your game in Game Planet, they give you some exclusive keychains

DM9PO.jpg

Look the same to the keychains you find in any GAME.

I don't think this was posted. The Bonus Edition (Wii U) is now available on Amazon.com (US). It's under a separate listing, though, it's $39.99 like the other 2 HD versions.

http://www.amazon.com/All-Stars-Transformed-Edition-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B008L1PYGK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1348260500&sr=8-4&keywords=sonic+%26+all-stars+racing+transformed

Edited by King Of Awesome

91TWlwbcpkL._AA1500_.jpg

Found this updated ad over at Amazon on their new listing for the Wii U version's limited edition that features the 3DS version, but oddly not the Wii U version.

3DS listing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0096ILXUI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1/275-2421519-4835533?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_r=1H0V2G88H3HQTA7E8E8Y&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_i=B009DVO7IS

Wii U listing:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-All-Stars-Racing-Transformed/dp/B009DVO7IS

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Guess what. I've preordered Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transforming Bonus Edition on two days ago from Gamestop. It was a successful.