Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed Limited/Bonus edition Thread

kimplix

Just looked at SEGA Press and SEGA Europe has uploaded box arts of the Limited Edition for the 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360 and PS Vita, but for the Wii U they've uploaded this instead:

A3VYl.jpg

What makes the Wii U one so 'special' then?

Unfortunately, there's nothing at SEGA Press about it, just the boxart. As SEGA hasn't announced a Wii U Limited Edition yet (I've seen the boxart at retailers), I'm guessing it's got to be something exclusive.

Unfortunately, there's nothing at SEGA Press about it, just the boxart. As SEGA hasn't announced a Wii U Limited Edition yet (I've seen the boxart at retailers), I'm guessing it's got to be something exclusive.

Maybe...

We’re thrilled to announce our partnership with Mattel, Inc. and the iconic Hot Wheels brand, offering fans an exciting cross-platform experience for the upcoming release of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. Within the game, players who choose to race as Danica Patrick will be able to drive a custom transforming electric green Hot Wheels vehicle, designed to navigate the dynamic land, sea and air environments. In addition to its in-game presence, the “Danicar” will also be available as an exclusive diecast vehicle available this holiday season with purchase of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed at select retailers.

8071677210_8882eaef4e.jpg

Do want.

Edited by Blue Blood

i don't see anything different about this box, can you shed some light on it for me?

i don't see anything different about this box, can you shed some light on it for me?

US: Bonus Edition

EU: Limited Edition

What's this new "Special Edition"?

• Thumbs Up 1

ohh! i see it now!

maybe it's bundled with the NEW Danicar hot wheels diecast car?

Exactly as I just said :P

Certainly hope that's what is it! I would love that piece of merch. It's something very different indeed.

i had the old Danicar car as a child, it's sort of a dream come true seeing my favourite toy car become something much bigger in a game!

I doubt it's the Danicar thing announced earlier. This edition appears to be Wii U exclusive.

I doubt it's the Danicar thing announced earlier. This edition appears to be Wii U exclusive.

I would say maybe it's an old one uploaded by mistake, but then it has the Nintendo Network logo and the other boxarts for the U version don't. It could just as easily contain the Danicar.

• 2 weeks later...

My Shopto order changed automatically to limited edition so I'll just leave it at that. Don't want to risk anywhere else as Play and Zavvi tend to take their time getting through the post.

Play.com and Amazon are selling it straight up for £24.99.

http://www.play.com/...ype=allproducts

http://www.amazon.co...ansformed&ajr=0

Was just about to post that. When I ordered it was originally £30 at amazon, so they must have recently price matched shop2.

can't see this voucher anywhere, care to shed some light on it?

I got it in an email from the newsletter. so I don't know if it's a one use or account tied. Hence why I advise looking around the my voucher code websites.

Has there been any mention yet where you can get the hot wheels toy from? The game is out next month and I've not seen a single retail store listing it.

Has there been any mention yet where you can get the hot wheels toy from? The game is out next month and I've not seen a single retail store listing it.

http://blogs.sega.co...ng-transformed/

"In addition to its in-game presence, the “Danicar” will also be available as an exclusive diecast vehicle available this holiday season with purchase of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed at select retailers."

Sounds like it's gonna be a feelie to go with the game, possibly something you get if you pick up the Limited/Bonus Edition by retail.

Edited by FourCartridge
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes and I'm asking if theres been any word as to which retailers.

Because theres no way they'll have the toy for every limited edition in stock.

Yes and I'm asking if theres been any word as to which retailers.

Because theres no way they'll have the toy for every limited edition in stock.

Right now, no we don't have any clue as to where you might get it. It may just go out to some retailers as a bonus (ala Argos and the Colours figures) or it may be related to this. But they're just guesses. No info yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. already paid ShopTo for my order in fear on not getting it on release day from Play.com, would've went with Amazon but their recent cock up with the dates has shook my confidence with them this time, so all in all £27ish pound isn't hurting the wallet too much :3

Got myself the PS vita and PS3 versions pre-ordered from Amazon.

Just today I added the PS3 version, though I do plan to get the PC version, but I don't hear too much about it so out of panic decided to get the PS3 one for now.

Bet that when the PC version releases here, I'll still probably see some limited editions around here.