Awoo.

Sonic Timeline/Canon topic

Trufax

What do you think the Sonic timeline is?

I think it's:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic CD

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles

Sonic The Hedgehog 4

Sonic Advance

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Heroes

Shadow The Hedgehog

Sonic Battle

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic 06

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic Colours

Sonic Generations

Reasoning:

It's implied that the games take place in release order for the most part(the DE saga and the Shadow Arc were mostly grouped together, and Generations shows what happened to Eggman and crew after Colors), except for where it contradicts(SB has to come after ShTH, because Shadow has regained his memory, and SCD has to pretty much come inbetween Sonic 1 and 2, because it wouldn't make sense for Eggman to stop working on the Death Egg after S3&K, and then resume it in S4, and SCD was released before Sonic 2 in Japan and contained an Easter Egg that had Tails say, ''See you next game.'' Sonic 2 was the next game to be released in Japan, and Advance 1 has the Tornado 1, so it must be before Adventure)

Also, Sonic Rush AND Sonic 06 both introduced Blaze, but Sonic 06 also introduced Silver, who appeared in Generations. Therefore, I consider 06 to be the canon version of events.

Games I don't consider canon are:

All the Game Gear games(Sonic 1 is a retelling, Sonic 2 GG makes it hard to fit in with Sonic 2 Genesis, Triple Trouble's Japanese manual implies that it's the first time Knuckles met Sonic, etc)

Spinball(Way more than Seven Emeralds, and are all blue; inclusion of SatAM characters)

Mean Bean Machine(AosTH-verse)

Chronicles(Swatbots, everyone out of character)

Sonic Rush(Look above)

Sonic Rush Adventure(Ditto)

And any others I may have missed that's not in my timeline.

I also consider the SoJ canon over the SoA one, except for the few things that the Japanese decided to accept from the SoA storylines.

What are YOUR thoughts?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trufax

• Vertekins

• Nintendoga

• Law

Popular Days

My interpretation of canon/timeline is;

Sonic 1 MD > Sonic CD > Sonic 2 MD > Sonic 3 & Knuckles > Sonic 4 episodes 1 ad 2 > Sonic Adventure > Sonic Adventure 2 > Sonic Heroes > Sonic Battle > Shadow the Hedgehog > SONIC '06 (Sonic visiting the festival. Nothing else due to timeline erasure) > SatSR > Sonic Unleashed > SatBK > Colours > Generations.

I do not acknowledge the hodgepodge of regarding the GG games other than Sonic 1, the Advance and the Rush games as being non-canon because there is not one good reason as to why they can't be. I do question the Rivals' games canonicity however due to Eggman Nega's origin contradiction.

Non-Canon are;

- Spinball due to dictations given during development regarding canonicity, 16 blue Emeralds, off-model ginormous Eggman and Freedom Fighters.

- Fighters due to 8 emeralds.

- Knuckles' Chaotix due to Iizuka's words.

- Chronicles due to it's pretentious screwing with continuity, lack of research and excessive OOC'ness of characters.

- Sonic 1 GG due to it telling the same story as Sonic 1 MD.