Awoo.

Nintendo Power Magazine to Cease Publication

Jeffhog

Today is a sad day in gaming history. For as long as I've been a gamer, I've had a subscription to Nintendo Power. It's the only magazine that I've EVER subscribed to, and I have so many fond memories of just kicking back, reading the newest issue, and anticipating the next one. It's such a pity to see it go after the long life that it's had. It pretty much became a staple in gaming media. It will definitely be missed. Since I've said my words on the matter, I can't think of a better way to end this post than to look back on some of the hilariously awesome promo videos that Nintendo Power brought to us:

Sayonara, Nintendo Power. ;__;

• Thumbs Up 2

That stinks =/

Nintendo Power was what got me into Windwaker and re-introduced me into Zelda in the first place.

I had gotten both as a gift when the game was first released (wind waker came with the magazine as well as a guide for the game, joy!).

Edited by Jetronic

You will be missed. I had a couple of subscriptions years ago, and even though I don't have much use for the magazines it's a damn shame seeing this go.

I'm sort of in a rush to leave.. but GoNintendo has posted and article saying all may not be doomed. No final decision has been made concerning a transition to digital media.

Oh damn. My parents stopped getting me NP in like 2004 but I loved all those magazines. Why is this dead but things like game informer are still around? I guess GI still serves its purpose as a fun toilet paper

Oh damn. My parents stopped getting me NP in like 2004 but I loved all those magazines. Why is this dead but things like game informer are still around? I guess GI still serves its purpose as a fun toilet paper

I think the only reason GI is still around is because of the Edge card.

Still it's a damn shame that Nintendo Power is biting the dust. I wish Game Informer would die already, though.

Arg, just fuck! First Gamepro and now this?! and who is the fucking moron that printed that article huh? praising Game Informer like its actually good!

What a damned dent in my day, hopefully it goes digital so at least something of my childhood is still around.

Keep us informed when the last issue is out, I missed out on Gamepro's and I won't miss out on this.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

How are other gaming magazines doing? I would imagine that they wouldn't be doing too well other than the one that GameStop pretty much forces you to get when you get a card there.

Oh, right. The Gaming forum. That seems like a bit of an obvious place to look now.

I have so many fond memories of Nintendo Power. As a kid, it was all I had to look forward to when I was dragged along on grocery shopping trips. I used to love those homemade 8-bit maps they would render in the early 90's. Those may not have lasted forever, but even as a teen I loved this magazine, especially when they "re-imaged" themselves in 2005/2006 and started up the funniest damn letters column I had ever seen. Seriously, whoever responded to those letters was a comic genius. (Come to think of it, they even published one of MY letters and responded with a funny photo-manip :3 )

I won't lie, I hadn't subscribed in years. The internet has rendered gaming magazines pretty much obsolete, and NP is no exception. Still, this isn't the easiest news to take. It's literally been around my entire life and I have some great memories associated with it. This is like hearing a childhood friend only has a few months to live. Maybe its been a few years since you last saw him, but that doesn't make it easier to take.

RIP, old buddy. You will be missed.

Edited by Blonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fuck. FFFffffffuck. Doesn't this basically just leave shitty ass Game Informer? NP was the only gaming magazine I actually continued to subscribe too because, it was the only one that was decent. It wasn't as amazing as it was when I was a kid but, it was still good. Good night, sweet prince.

• Thumbs Up 3

GameInformer already has a digital section, so I highly doubt it will go anywhere. Plus, the magazine is supported by Gamestop and the employees rules always ask you if you want to sign up for their stuff. They probably get tons of subscriptions every month.

Today is a sad day in gaming history. For as long as I've been a gamer, I've had a subscription to Nintendo Power. It's the only magazine that I've EVER subscribed to, and I have so many fond memories of just kicking back, reading the newest issue, and anticipating the next one. It's such a pity to see it go after the long life that it's had. It pretty much became a staple in gaming media. It will definitely be missed. Since I've said my words on the matter, I can't think of a better way to end this post than to look back on some of the hilariously awesome promo videos that Nintendo Power brought to us:

Sayonara, Nintendo Power. ;__;

Don't forget that VHS that gave viewers a "Sneak Peek about a phenomenon called Pokemon! The Hit TV Show, the Game Boy Game, and loads of other cool things that are about to take America by storm!"

Yeah, over 14 years later, I got the Classic Ash Ketchum Hat for a buck! And just recently, I completed the Kanto section of my binder of TCG Cards, and I'll be finishing Johto, really soon, when my cards come in the mail.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

Aw man, i loved NP, such great times reading it, always really went in depth with their walkthroughs and such, so good.

Bout time. The magazine's fucking suck for a long time now.

There's really no point for gaming magazines to exist anymore with the internet which gives you free video game information that's up to date and not three months behind.

"Chief! I just read online that Nintendo Power is officially dead!"

"There's your next issue! Well, I guess I'm out of a job. Are you hiring?"

"Hiring for what?"

"Oh, come on! If you're not hiring, then why am I even here, when I could be at Kinko's, updating my resumé?"

"Moo."

Yeah, that's what the typical headline for a potential hiring gone short would go at NP. Look to the Cleveland Show episode "The Curious Case of Jr. Working At the Stool."