Awoo.

Nintendo Power Magazine to Cease Publication

Jeffhog

Since there is an already-existing topic regarding Nintendo Power Magazine, and in order not to fragment the discussion on the magazine's final survey, I will merge this topic into the already-existing topic.

For a sad and unknown reason, I never read this magazine. I never really read any magazines, actually. Since this is their last survey, however, I will try filling in some answers for them!

Edited by Diz
Topic Merge: Final Nintendo Power Survey -> Nintendo Power Magazine to Cease Publication

I'm sure many of us all have had memories dealing with the magazine. You must have at least glimpsed at one issue or knew about the ongoing subscription service.

I...don't think Nintendo Power was ever sold here. I could be wrong, but I certainly never saw it growing up.

So again since I'm a forgetful old fart, when is the last issue's release date? and how much does a normal issue go for at a store/magazine stand now a days?

So again since I'm a forgetful old fart, when is the last issue's release date? and how much does a normal issue go for at a store/magazine stand now a days?

Probably late November since it's the Dec. issue, and around five bucks.

I... never subscribed to magazines. The only one I was ever "subscribed" to was GameInformer, and that's only because I got 10 issues for signing up for a Gamestop membership card (2-3 times, mind you).

Don't care about comics, don't care about magazines. Never have, really. I get all my info online. Not surprising; magazines and newspapers both are dying. Comics I don't expect to die out for a long time, but newspapers/magazines, I say, good riddance. I only care about newspapers for the coupons...

EDIT: Okay, so, maybe I was a tad bit harsh. Still, most magazines and newspapers from what I've seen are crap. There's very little useful ones out there.

Edited by Relm Kisaragi

Comics I don't expect to die out for a long time, but newspapers/magazines, I say, good riddance.

:|

...I'll be sure to tell you that your fun hobbies are worthless too? And that all the heart and soul put into it are better off gone?

I mean sure, you're allowed to hate magazines. It's just, this is like waltzing in to a funeral and telling everybody that you don't know/care about the deceased, and then saying that the world is better off without them anyways. It might be true in some cases, but who does that?

Edited by The Fifth-Rate Flareon
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

2322321-350662_big_boss_salute_super.jpg

Thank you, Nintendo power. Thank you for telling me which Nintendo games were good and which ones were shit without all that anti Nintendo BS for all of these years.

Edited by Aang
  • Thumbs Up 5

*Sniffles* This is why we love you, NP. You went the extra mile to give us a perfect bookend to the magazine. Here's to a grand finale. We'll miss you. sad.png

Edited by Christmascontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 4

I've never read Nintendo Power but I feel sad, that cover was just great. Wow, Nintendo Power, did you guys have to go?

No more really awesome Sonic review too. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty bummed by this, and we don't even get NP over here!

I hope that we'll still be able to buy the final issue online from their website. I can't find any bookstores that stock any of their issues now, so I'd really have no other way besides ebay and Amazon. I also still need to buy the Sonic backissues, so it'd make it most convenient.

Still very emotional to see the magazine go though. The children will not get it when AVGN talks about Nintendo Power games! ;-;

I hope that we'll still be able to buy the final issue online from their website. I can't find any bookstores that stock any of their issues now, so I'd really have no other way besides ebay and Amazon. I also still need to buy the Sonic backissues, so it'd make it most convenient.

Still very emotional to see the magazine go though. The children will not get it when AVGN talks about Nintendo Power games! ;-;

I suggest waiting until half of the month passes at least

I've never even owned one single issue in my life (although it helps I've read my fair share of NP magazines) and I want this.

Also, I saw a comment that suggested that Nintendo should continue Nintendo Power on the Wii U/3DS as a digital subscription service. Brilliant idea IMO.

Edited by Gabe McClane
  • Thumbs Up 2

They brought back Nester.

They brought back freaking Nester.

This is hitting me right in the childhood...

I wonder how much all the issues would cost together....

• Thumbs Up 1

WHY'D YOU DO THIS TO US NINTENDO

YOU KNOW WE LOVED NINTENDO POWER

YOU KNEW IT

THAT'S IT

I'M DONE

I'M NEVER SUBSCRIBING TO ANOTHER MAGAZINE AGAIN