Awoo.

Nintendo Power Magazine to Cease Publication

Jeffhog

The final issue is now available to buy from their website, featuring the subscriber cover (no barcode) and the news stand one (with barcode). Both cost the same so I guess it's just preference. They also still have plenty of backissues in stock if that's your thing.

Just bought this as well as ordered the Sonic issues a minute ago. This is very bittersweet. :'<

Got my final issue in the mail. Definitely going to read it to its fullest and pin the poster up on my wall afterwards. Sayonara, old friend.

It's a spread of every issue's normal cover. (Including the alternate ones for certain issues.)

Yeah, there's actually a picture back in page in case you wanted to see it.

Just kidding, I'll post it here to frustrate you.

photo%202.JPG

Wow! Looks like a lot of their back issues are getting sold out rather quickly on their online store now. Guess the collectors and ebayers have found out the news and are raiding them dry.

Finally got mine yesterday.  I got a bit tired of the late issue-early issue method of delivery, but it was the only thing they gave me to complain about.  I shall miss the magazine, since it's where I learned about a lot of games I subsequently bought and loved.  Pokemon and Sonic I'll hear about elsewhere (and everywhere); Endless Ocean and Lost in Shadow - not so much.

All right folks, I guess you're my new source of low-profile game announcements.  Don't let me down.

Has their Shadow the Hedgehog issue sold out yet? Been wanting that cover since I first saw it.

Not sure. Their online backissues only go as far back as mid 2009. They still have the Generations covers in stock, but that's about as Sonicy as it gets.

Final Issue GET! smile.png

I found it at a grocery store, it was the last one.

God going through this again was a real trip down memory lane. allot of things just came flooding back when I was reading some of the articles. and the comic at the end was really great, its a nice way to end this great magazine.

I'll really miss this, I feel bad that I stopped supporting it after I moved and the internet ruined everything.

Wow, that's some disappointing news. The last nintendo power I actually read had banjo kazooie walkhoughs, but I had yearly subscriptions since birth before then. Reminds me of the good ol' days.

I got my issue last week, made a post on herre. I guess it didn't go through. The feeling of reading through the last Nintendo Power is an odd feeling, like I'm in some sort of bizarro world. Flipping through the issue was also pretty melancholy; it was a great way to go out - with a bang, but I still felt horrible because it was the last one. Well, you know what they say: "All good things must come to an end."