Awoo.

Did SSMB ever try this before?

Master Bater

Don't get me wrong: I'm liking this site already and am willing to stay here for as long as I can last. It's got all the necessary boards and everything else that's needed.

However, I was just wondering, did we ever try roleplaying? You know, where one person thinks up of a plot and people use their imagination to contribute to it, has this ever been done?

Just a quick idea, or more like a question, that popped into mind.

I remember when I saw the forum here before it was wiped out in 2009, the site used to have a subforum for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well we sometimes do in the status updates but I do remember Wario was making a racing RP so yeah.

No, there was a Fluff fourm back in the day. But apart from that I don't think Role Playing is really allowed on here. smile.png

Edited by BW199148

It's kind of a shame, too. Things can get pretty tense around here, so I don't think it'd be bad to loosen up with a game or two.

• Thumbs Up 6

As VizardJeffhog mentioned, we used to have an RP section at some point before the server wipe. At several points in time, the SSMB has had sections and subforums re-arranged or even deleted, and I do not think we have seen an RP section ever since.

• Thumbs Up 3

As VizardJeffhog mentioned, we used to have an RP section at some point before the server wipe. At several points in time, the SSMB has had sections and subforums re-arranged or even deleted, and I do not think we have seen an RP section ever since.

Oh yeah there was a Role Playing section, can't say I used it but I do remember it now! smile.png

I remember when I saw the forum here before it was wiped out in 2009, the site used to have a subforum for it.

WOW! Dude now you are making me feel old.angry.png I was here when we had those subforums.

• Thumbs Up 1

How did the server get wiped anyways?

Yeah, back in the day we had a pretty fun RP section. It was deleted because it could go weeks and weeks without any new posts and it was decided that RPs could just go into another section (I forget which one) since then however, they seem to be totally unheard of around here.

Shame really.

Hmmmm.... I can't seem to remember.

I do remember the staff was working on some stuff but it ended up blowing up SSMB. At least that's how I remember it.

Like CROW said, you can kinda roleplay in my All-Stars Racing thread, but it's really more of a writing competition than anything. You don't really develop relationships with other characters or go on adventures like one usually would. I wouldn't mind having an RP forum, though, because I do enjoy a good RP.

I remember the RP section. It usually went like this.

"Ok ok here is my RP. We are all Sonic characters... except me... I am *insert random name here* and I can *insert random power here* And we're all going to go to *insert goal here*

WHO WANTS TO BE WHAT!"

Then for two pages it was people going on about who they wanted to be.

LETS GO TO THE TOWN AND DO SOMETHING!

WHA! BUT I WANNA BE THE WIZARD!

NO ME!

ME!

NO ME!

NO!

YES!

NO!

YES!

*5 pages of arguing, they then get to the town with 6 wizards*

The irony is there wasn't much RP in the RP forum.

• Thumbs Up 4

I remember the RP section. It usually went like this.

"Ok ok here is my RP. We are all Sonic characters... except me... I am *insert random name here* and I can *insert random power here* And we're all going to go to *insert goal here*

WHO WANTS TO BE WHAT!"

Then for two pages it was people going on about who they wanted to be.

The irony is there wasn't much RP in the RP forum.

With strict OoC rules, this could be fixed. It also seems that a fair bit of our userbase is more intelligent than this.

But yeah, I totally know what you're talking about. -_-;

With strict OoC rules, this could be fixed. It also seems that a fair bit of our userbase is more intelligent than this.

It's just so depressing though, going into an RP and waring people that they're taking too long to decide roles.

Although... wasn't there a one off RP at one point? It was a sticky topic if I remember, everybody had to pick a character from the Sonic franchise and just about everyone on the forum took part? And it was great. Foxy (please come back!) picked Amy Rose and made her into a sexy kung fu bas ass that went around killing and beating up everyone, and I was a depressed Black Knight from Yorkshire who just wanted to be loved.

Those were the days... 2009.

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually remember RPing lightly on this site back when AOL was the browser of choice.

I don't know if these were the exact details, but there was some sort of ISP screw-up regarding payment, and then they went as far as to erase the SSMB.

The 'server wipe' was to do with unpaid bills. The hosting company were sending notifications to a defunct email address so nobody got the emails. Instead of the host merely taking down the site for a short period, giving an opportunity to rectify the billing issue, they outright deleted the entirety of TSS and SSMB at a time when nobody had backups of SSMB. As a result, like 5 years of SSMB history was deleted forever.

And yeah, we did have RP boards back in the day, but they sucked XP.

• Thumbs Up 4

That "Everyone get's a Sonic Character" RP sounds fun.

Let's do it again.

Yeah, I second this, as long as I can be Metal Sonic.

Ah, I remember when I used to RP on Virtual Pet sites back when I was 13. Good times, good times. I was actually kinda suprised when I signed up here and noticed there wasn't a RP board. Kinda just shrugged it off though since RP wasn't high on my priority list.

Yeah, I second this, as long as I can be Metal Sonic.

I throw in my support for this. Kinda funny considering I changed my name to Shard this morning before even noticing this topic.

and uh, in regards to Wario calling dibs on Metal Sonic: Shard doesn't count as Metal Sonic though right? I wouldn't want to get in a fight over name posession.

• 2 weeks later...

And thus, the Sonic RP that has been mentioned in this thread multiple times has been revived by Wario / Kind-Hearted Jerk and Waterwraith!