Awoo.

High School Valedictorian Denied Diploma After Saying "Hell" in Speech

Jeffhog

So because Of one word, she is having the diploma that she worked four years to get held away from her. All because of saying the word "hell"... And their mascot is a devil. Oh the hypocrisy. Makes me so glad my high school barely gives a fuck if you curse. Some of tye teachers freely cuss, students do and thise who don't like give at least a couple of warnings before sending them to the detention or something like that. If they cared like this school everyone would be expelled. Granted my high school isn't a religious one but still, that is an awful reason to keep someone away from their diploma. Poor girl. Some people these days.... We need more topics about happy news. Why don't people post more optimistic stuff on here.

My AP Language teacher last year was talking to us about how we "bombed the shit out of Dresden", despite playing victim far more often than we deserve to. He also ended a reading session with "Wow. She sure is a bitch, isn't she?"

I really don't see how saying a mild curse word (I personally don't even consider it one) in a non-offensive way is a big deal at all.