Awoo.

General Lego Topic

Shrek

I don't know what it is about Ninjago, it should be one of those shows that I dont give a shit about......but I do.

The characters are fun and fairly well written, the animation is surprisingly decent, and it can be quite humourous. I just really like the show. Kinda weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... I'm the only one who has never stepped on a Lego piece? Because most of the time I carefully worked on a table.

Lego and Sega, Y U NO MAKE OFFICIAL LEGO SONIC SETS? Or at least Mega Bloks or even Kre-O... .__.

(Please excuse the lazy reply, it's past 2 a.m.)

Nothing was better than Bionicle. Nothing.

It had plot, movies, books, it was fucking awesome

Hell, it even has it's own wiki

My favorites were the Toa Metru. They look so cool, and they actually move tlike real action figures.

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 8

I miss Bionicle so much. I have the original 2001 Toa Mata, with Tahu in my room. My favorite year was the first, and the last year, was horrible, because Bionicle Stars was a massive disappointment.

I remember back in 2006, when the Piraka and Toa Inkia came out, and my first real Bionicle was Jaller, the Toa of Fire.

The memories I had of that series will never be forgotten. Long live, Bionicle!

My art career actually started at Lego Blocks. I loved building things with them as a kid.

I never had themed Legos, only the traditional ones. The sets Harry Potter, Star Wars, Bionicles were too expensive to my parents to afford. But yes, I had buckets and buckets of the traditional one, over 9000 at least 1000 thousand pieces. Not bragging myself, but I was the fucking shit building Lego of my neighborhood. I built lots of characters, like Sponge Bob, Bart Simpson, Sonic, Mario, Rayman (that one I had to tie a nylon line between the body, head, hands and feet, something like a puppet, since Rayman don't have a neck, arm or leg) and some structures like a giant castle with lots of towers and a sphinx (which had a secret door, place where I hid my money xD). I also built mechanical structures, such as an elevator tied with a string and a Lego wheel, and when I spin that wheel, the string pulls the elevator up smile.png I loved Lego!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I once built Predator using Bionicle Pieces, I had tonnes of them, also loved the Bionicle Mini Sets

Personally I was/still am a BIG BIONICLE/Hero Factory fan. Hell I still have all my toys. I have collected and preserve nearly all the sets from 2004 onwards and to this day, even if BIONICLE has been decimated in 2010 I still collect Hero Factory sets which are pretty much really similar and have really great building experiences.

So yeah, big fan here.

EDIT: I LOVE YOU SOLKIA

Edited by Blue Wisp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I almost forgot, I had ONE set, it was that guy:

s_MLB_v_F_f_201631125_8171.jpg

The jail's wall can be exploded! I used to use the moving and pushing pieces to create new inventions (the "L" moving piece to make knees move hehe).

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I almost forgot, I had ONE set, it was that guy:

s_MLB_v_F_f_201631125_8171.jpg

The jail's wall can be exploded! I used to use the moving and pushing pieces to create new inventions (the "L" moving piece to make knees move hehe).

Oh! I had that set too biggrin.png.

4500-1.jpg

That's other set I had back in the day. I remember the fun I had with this one sleep.png .... Until that one day when my younger sisters decided to destroy this ship and rip the instruction apart....

50514_117052954998073_5807_n.jpg

Edited by Lamor

I cannot describe how much of my childhood WAS BIONICLE. i still have most of my sets, and I keep all the ones I have left on a shelf. My favourite years are the first couple. The Rahkshi and Bohrok are some of the best designed toys in the whole franchise. My first Bionicle was the white Bohrok-Kal I think...

oh god i really am a nerd if i remember the names of the freaking toys

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dang, I even still remember the movies in the Bionicle universe, mostly the first one, Mask of Light.

Being a motorsports fan I was (and still am), I remembered this was one of my first sets.

250px-6335_Indy_Transport.jpg

HNI_0028.jpg

These 3 tubs? Filled with all of the lego sets I ever had. In fact there are about six or seven small tubs filled with all the Bionicles I had.

I had Trains, MARS, Technics, Racer, Star Wars, Turbo Bots (if anyone remembers those, they were shitty precursors to Bionicle), Rock Raider, Arachnoids, Knights Kingdom, Those animu robot things, And many other sets.

I love Legos. I first started with this little green tub of lego bricks, y'know, the ones that just came with a bunch of standard bricks and no fancy stuff? I was about 3, so everything I built was a mess, but I'd make tanks, fire trucks, etc.

I grew really fond of them. But sadly I've grown out of building with them. I'll come back every now and then just to mess with them and build stupid stuff, but not very often.

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 2

For me, I had shit tonne of Bionicles, first set was Lewa, from then all, I got a few Rahkshi, Makuta, Toa Metru, the white Bohrok-kal, Toa Hordika, Toa Inika, Toa Mahri, any set I could get, I still own the Chrome Hau (Toa Tahu's mask in Chrome edition) and I bought the mini sets from the Hordika and Inika phases.

Hordika was always my favourite form of toa, I still have the original trilogy of the movies too and watch them occasionally :) I also have Toa Hordika Vakama's sword (life size foam sword).

and lastly, heres a fun little story...:

One weekend my brother was away, but when he came back, he brought back shitty fake-beyblades and one evening he happened to be asleep on the couch. I took the beyblade upstairs and this was when I had a shelf in my room which displayed my lego sets, specially this one:

8893-1.jpg

NOTE: on the top of both towers is a plate that when pressed, makes the bridge collapse.

So I took the fakeblade upstairs into my room, reminiscing fondly of the show I decided to imitate how they play in the cartoon, and turned the blade upside down, pulled the ripchord with full force and the beyblade launched, it spun so freaken fast, with such power to hit the top right plate, collapsing the lego bridge; I was stunned.

But then I wanted to cry because I didn't have a camera and I couldn't do that twice if I tried! O.O

FML