Awoo.

General Lego Topic

Shrek

I sill have Lego Island 1 and 2. 1 was awesome, but 2 was pretty meh.

Never heard of Xtreme Stunts.

You and everyone else on the internet.

• Thumbs Up 1

God, so much nostalgia. I have tubs and tubs of Legos somewhere down my basement. Used to spend hours building whatever I could think of, and I remember when the first Bionicle movie came out and I watched the hell out of it. Never really had too many sets because the big thing was Star Wars, which I was never really into, but I did have a few. The computer games were so much fun, they're actually sitting in a cabinet next to me.

Anyone here ever been to LegoLand in California? I've always wanted to go but the closest I got was the small one in Disney World.

Anyone here ever been to LegoLand in California? I've always wanted to go but the closest I got was the small one in Disney World.

That the only one I've been too. Its really great, and any Lego fan should go. RIGHT NOW.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never heard of Xtreme Stunts.

You and everyone else on the internet.

Actually, I started with Xtreme Stunts, that game was the shit, fucking glorius running around the island, skating, driving, flying or even sailing, the mini-games were hit and miss but this game has a fond place in my heart, not played any of the others except Lego Island 2 on the GBA which I bought a couple of months ago off Amazon.

Lego also did sets to promote Lego Island Xtreme stunts.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've always loved LEGO. Their bricks were very fun to build with. I remember having many pretend adventures involving Sonic using them (granted, the Sonic I always built wasn't that good). I also loved Bionicle, not only for its sets, but for its rather intriguing story. I was sad to see it go in 2010. Nowadays, my little brother really likes to get a lot of LEGO Star Wars sets. I'm also thinking of getting the new Minecraft LEGO set...

That the only one I've been too. Its really great, and any Lego fan should go. RIGHT NOW.

You mean the Lego Store in Downtown Disney specifically, or the actual theme park where Cypress Gardens used to be located? Either one, I'll be checking those places out someday as Winter Haven and Orlando is a 4-hour drive. =P

You mean the Lego Store in Downtown Disney specifically, or the actual theme park where Cypress Gardens used to be located? Either one, I'll be checking those places out someday as Winter Haven and Orlando is a 4-hour drive. =P

I think it was the Lego Store in Downtown Disney, not positive though as its been a few years. Place was still awesome and they had Lassie made out of Legos in the lake next to it. Cool stuff.

Doesn't anyone remember Lego Island?

250px-Lego-island.jpg

Those games were the shit way back when.

Holy shit, mad nostalgia. Lego Island was awesome.

Anyway, I was big into Lego throughout my whole childhood. I have so many of them. I loved the space-themed ones (Exploriens, UFOs, and Star Wars) and the underwater ones.

6982_Box.jpg

6198-1.jpg

These were my favorite sets by far. <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't believe I've forgotten about Bionicle. My bro used to collect these a lot. Apart from the ordinary Lego pieces, Bionicle is the only other Lego franchise I can remember.

I never understood Bionicle though. XP

Anyone ever play the two LEGO Racers PC games? They were... actually I don't play racing games so I really don't know how they compared on a quality front. Probably not very well, but they were fun enough.

As to actual LEGO itself, the underwater ones are basically always fantastic, and I really liked Sam Grant / Johnny Thunder's adventures in the desert/jungle/whatever, partly as a friend of mine played him in an advert. I actually still get LEGO now and then - they had a fantastic Norse theme a couple of years ago.

Midgard_Serpent.png

(YEAHHHHH!!!!!)

I just wish it wasn't all about twice as expensive as it was when I was a kid. Anything remotely good now costs about forty or fifty pounds at least.

Never got into Bionicle, though. I think it was after my time. I had Slizors, which I think were kinda like the conceptual predecessors of Bionicle...