Awoo.

But What If I Don't Want to Embed a Video?

Blue Blood

Sometimes people want to post a video without embedding it into a post. As it stands, any time you post a link to a YouTube video it will automatically become embedded even without the use of media tags, whether it's the normal URL or the shortened one. You can always put the link in text to avoid it, but some people don't know about this or how to do it (you simply highlight the text you want, and then proceed to add a hyperlink as you normally would with the 'link' button).

Could this little nuisance be fixed?

• Thumbs Up 5

while typing a tiny description about it?

I know that's how you can avoid embedding as I said so in the OP. I'm asking if the automatic embedding can be stopped.

I know that's how you can avoid embedding as I said so in the OP. I'm asking if the automatic embedding can be stopped.

I think there used to be tags that could have been display the video while doing nothing just linked it. Either that or I'm thinking of a different message board.

BB, didn't you make this topic like a year ago? :P

I don't know, I always found the embedding useful so I never had a problem with it. I rarely encountered a situation where I didn't want to link it.

I think there used to be tags that could have been display the video while doing nothing just linked it. Either that or I'm thinking of a different message board.

and tags will embed a video, but also putting the link in normally will do the same annoyingly enough.

BB, didn't you make this topic like a year ago? tongue.png

I don't know, I always found the embedding useful so I never had a problem with it. I rarely encountered a situation where I didn't want to link it.

But yeah, didn't get a response then either.

while typing a tiny description about it?

How do you do that link-within-text-description thing? I keep trying and I can never get it to work.

How do you do that link-within-text-description thing? I keep trying and I can never get it to work.

Explained it in the first post, but if that's not clear enough maybe this will help:

1- Highlight the text you want to use

2- Click on the link button

3- In the dialogue box that appears, paste/type the URL

4- Click OK

linktut2.png

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Explained it in the first post, but if that's not clear enough maybe this will help:

1- Highlight the text you want to use

2- Click on the link button

3- In the dialogue box that appears, paste/type the URL

4- Click OK

Thank you! I thought you meant something else in the original post.

I like it better this way, actually.

I think it is the standard. Many blogs/forum softwares/etc have Auto-Embed turned on. It does make it easier for a lot of people but I can see why it can be annoying in some instances.